Baz's Mod V1.5

Baz

For playing the game

I don't think you've ever had to open the WADs to play the game before? Why would you need to now?

I got 2 WAD files and nothing else

Yes. That is all there is. Please don't double post.

For playing the game

I don't think you've ever had to open the WADs to play the game before? Why would you need to now?

Surely installing a mod requires opening the WAD files?

Rock Bottom, you can use any of the WAD tools in the Mod Tools section of the Rock Raiders sub-forum. There are a few to choose from, however the pinned WAD Tool 2.21 should do suffice.

For playing the game

Rock Bottom, you can use any of the WAD tools in the Mod Tools section of the Rock Raiders sub-forum. There are a few to choose from, however the pinned WAD Tool 2.21 should do suffice.

No, because the mod is the wad files. You're supposed to move the normal wads out and load the game up with the ones provided.

No, because the mod is the wad files. You're supposed to move the normal wads out and load the game up with the ones provided.

My mistake, I hadn't looked inside the mod files. I still answered the question though, for Rock Bottom's future reference.

Rock Bottom

For playing the game

>I got 2 WAD files and nothing else

Yes. That is all there is. Please don't double post.

Well I thought you need to open it for playing the game, And sorry about the double post.

For playing the game

Thanks for helping!! I hope that would work.

• 5 weeks later...
MrBeingcool

I've got another problem with this mod: Every time im trying to start the game, my computer says it crashed. It seems to be normal, but if i download the mod again, then start the game again, i get the same message...

And yes, i tried the troubleshooting tip changing to 16-Bit mode that Baz sent me, but nothing happened! Can someone help me? :(

I've been trying to make it work, all day... Once i gave up and tried Time Raiders by Cirevam... I wanna play again... Someone please look at the quote and help me?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've got another problem with this mod: Every time im trying to start the game, my computer says it crashed. It seems to be normal, but if i download the mod again, then start the game again, i get the same message...

And yes, i tried the troubleshooting tip changing to 16-Bit mode that Baz sent me, but nothing happened! Can someone help me? :(

I've been trying to make it work, all day... Once i gave up and tried Time Raiders by Cirevam... I wanna play again... Someone please look at the quote and help me?

Not sure, do you have it installed alongside any other mods?  Double check that the two wads are where they should be.  Other than that I can't offer much advice.  The engine is pretty unstable, and varies from player to player on how well it works.  (I occasionally have trouble with the base game even crashing).  All I can say is make sure you try running it in both standard and enhanced, 16-bit & 32-bit, windowed mode and fullscreen mode, and test level mode, and varying combinations of the above.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently took up this great game again and installed Baz's mod. Works like a charn, although I suppose I'll have to live with english voiceaction instead of the swedish I'm used to.

However, I can't name my cadets after upgrading them. Have I just forgotten how or is this an issue with the mod?

To rename a Rock Raider, select him and press Enter. It's still possible in Baz' mod.

If you want to change the voices to Swedish, it's possible with some work. You must extract the .WAD files of your own game and those of the mod and replace the mod's sound files with your own. There are tutorials on this site about extracting the WADs. It's not difficult.

• 4 weeks later...
TheAntagonist94

Yeah, I don't know about you guys, but I've been having tons of problems with this mod. My buildings and rock raiders keep disappearing, and sometimes my levels are marked uncomplete after I know I completed them. The worst bug I've seen yet is when your rock raiders just disappear forever, and when you try to teleport in more, they disappear forever too. This mod is great but it's probably dead by now... I wish Baz would create a patch. :/

Yeah, I don't know about you guys, but I've been having tons of problems with this mod. My buildings and rock raiders keep disappearing

The worst bug I've seen yet is when your rock raiders just disappear forever, and when you try to teleport in more, they disappear forever too. This mod is great but it's probably dead by now... I wish Baz would create a patch. :/

Not a bug in Baz's mod. Bug exists in vanilla LRR.

Bug exists in vanilla LRR.

Really?

I only ever had that problem if and only if I was unloading a Tunnel Transport and the wheels on the Small Digger disappeared. It only happened in Baz's Mod and never in anything else.

Oh, and if you're REALLY quick you can select them after they beam down and tell them to get in a vehicle.

• 4 weeks later...
asakiditwasfun

I joined this community looking for a mod/patch to RR's terrible scripting and constant bugs when trying to kill slimy slugs or just change the game atmosphere. I've found Baz's mod both outdated but none the less a HUGE HELPFUL difference in gameplay and in its own design. 

I've found with one level in particular, all the biomes are f****ing GREY and I can't tell what's what from the floor to the water/lava/walls. I have no idea how to fix this old architecture or even for that matter can. 
I don't think a patch is needed for a old mod of course but as a child, this game was golden to me. I actually get the same giddie feeling I got when I was young collecting energy crystals and nostalgiaing my ass off. 
Always felt the game needed a different liveliness because its so good and the plotline kicked ass for its worth.

I'm happy this mod was even made. 

• 8 months later...

for theres are bug that does so then i join  are mission there time engouh me to spawn 5 rock raiders and they go to work and then after 5 seconds they are gone and they dont come back and i cant spawn new once i really want to play the game i just got  it i will just anything to make it work. i wantet the baz mod since i was 6 and know am 12 and just got it from like 5 minuts ago. know this bug? really?!

dont worry got it to work. the bug is dont pull on the more light on screen thing so dont or u men will leave u xD

• 1 month later...

Mod is working fine and awesome for me^^

Great work Baz!^^

I jsut have one little thing...

My original game is in french... and the mod overlays everything with english ><

I understand english, no prob xD but I'd like to keep my game in french (I understand that for excample the objectives have to be in english as there is no audio for the new ones that Baz added, or the naming of teh tunnel transport is also english, but the rest...I'd like to have in french again xD)

Now.. I tried moving sound files and everything, but it doesnt seem to help.

Could anyone help me out here? (or point me to a threat that talks about a similar subject)

I'm sure it's easely done if you know how xD

Could anyone help me out here?

Tried preparing your game for modding and then running through Lego.cfg and ObjectiveText.txt and replacing everything you find in French?

(This'll replace all the text: not sounds, only the text)

that's basically about it

To get started, the WAD tool is overrated and the Wad Recycler is far easier to use. Once you've opened LegoRR1.wad (you don't need to worry about LegoRR0.wad, that's the games models and animations and other stuff) you can open Lego.cfg with anything that opens a .txt - Notepad++ is recommended by me and don't go with the original as it will screw up your formatting.

Just go through and change anything that looks like a text file that comes up in game... ObjectNames and ObjectTheNames would be my first stop.

You should be done when you get to around line 2100 when the Stats section comes up.

OR

Install RR to a separate location (does Baz's Mod back up your WADS?), grab the original RR1.WAD (in French), open up its Lego.cfg and copy over about line

135 to 2180 (go to the end of the sections which these lines are in) and that MAY save you a spot of bother. You might need to muddle around with some files as I'm not sure if Baz overwrote the originals or just directed the game to a different file.

Oh, and either way don't forget to recompile your WADS!

As for the sounds... were they originally in French? Copy 'em over! Make sure they've got the same names. They probably will, but hey, it never hurts to check and may save you from RR crashing on startup.

As for the sounds... were they originally in French? Copy 'em over! Make sure they've got the same names. They probably will, but hey, it never hurts to check and may save you from RR crashing on startup.

I tried doing that already.

Both in teh version where I installed Baz's mod and the original instalation (I created to seperat foulders in LegoMedia/Games , one with teh original and one with Baz's mod)

Even when I copied them to be safe, they didnt change >_<

OR

Install RR to a separate location (does Baz's Mod back up your WADS?), grab the original RR1.WAD (in French), open up its Lego.cfg and copy over about line

135 to 2180 (go to the end of the sections which these lines are in) and that MAY save you a spot of bother. You might need to muddle around with some files as I'm not sure if Baz overwrote the originals or just directed the game to a different file.

Oh, and either way don't forget to recompile your WADS!

That's propably what I'll try to do^^ thanks for being so specific about what to do :D

and yes. Baz's mod made back ups of my WADS (and I made some too myself before installing the mod ^^)

they didnt change >_<

So, lemme get this straight. The original sounds are in French?

You copied them and overwrited the new sounds - which were in English - and the sounds were still in English?

You overwrited the sounds in Data/Sounds/Wherever?

Odd...

... try again? You're sure the originals were in French? :S

- which were in English -

No. The sound files I had in the Baz's Mod foulder were also french.

At least, the visible ones.

And you say that the sounds in-game play in English?

Can you be specific on which sounds: names, ambient, whatever?

sorry or the very late answer >< was sick

Anyway.

The building names, the names ofthe enviroment, the vehickles, the items, as well as the announcments (like that an energie crystal has been found or that your air is getting low)

The only thing that is still french is the mission briefing.

And I only want the voices to be french xD the text can stay english (I gues that's easyer to change too anyway) .

Anyway. The building names, the names ofthe enviroment, the vehickles, the items, as well as the announcments (like that an energie crystal has been found or that your air is getting low) The only thing that is still french is the mission briefing. And I only want the voices to be french xD the text can stay english (I gues that's easyer to change too anyway) .

... Hokay. That makes perfect sense.

Decompile LegoRR0.WAD with the Recycler. (It'll take a fair bit longer than RR1.WAD). Also, decompile your originals. See the folder named "Sounds?" Copy all your original French files and overwrite the ones there.

(I hope that made sense)

Oh, and don't forget to recompile it afterwards.

• Cyrem pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.