Baz's Mod V1.5

Baz

• 4 weeks later...

Help, my game just crashed1 can i do something about that??? :(

Restart the game and continue playing. Crashes are to be expected with Baz's mod.

Restart the game and continue playing. Crashes are to be expected with Baz's mod.

The problem is that the game wont be able to be played. When i click on the game, they show the loading screen, then they tell theres a problem found everytime i restart the game. :(

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that the game wont be able to be played. When i click on the game, they show the loading screen, then they tell theres a problem found everytime i restart the game. :(

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:Baz%27s_Mod#Troubleshooting

• 1 month later...

Winrar can open ZIP files so maybe he does mean Winrar. But maybe try a different program to unpack it... I'm not sure what would be causing the error.

I downloaded the same file on my not-so-flashy netbook and it runs fine. Go figure. Too bad it isn't capable of actually running anything other than FF or word... /sigh So I guess that sorta solved the problem.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

First of all, thanks a lot for this great overhaul. Played LRR when I was about 10 yrs old and this gives a new challenge to me :D

But as I am from Germany I would really like to put in the german sounds. Unfortunelaty after compiling the LegoRR1.wad with the WAD tool the game crahes during the loading screen (legorr.icd hast sopped working). Do you have any ideas? Or is it a purpose to prevent people from changing your mod?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Marvin

I didn't put anything in on purpose to prevent editing, but I did make changes to LegoRR1.wad, so you would have to extract and then compile over that.  Given the unstable nature of the game's engine, I can't guarantee that it will work as I've never messed with any of the languages again, though I did modify the mission statements for the english version.

Thank you for your fast response :)

I extracted your LegoRR1.wad and only changed the folder "sounds". I checked every single file whether it has the same name as in the english version.

After compiling and starting the game it crashes, although i did not change anything else. The size of the folder is a bit different (~ 0,2 MB), but that's all.

Well, then we have to blame the engine :/

So it works before you change the sounds, and not after?

Are there the same amount of files in each folder?

Yes there are. Today I gave it a new try and compiled the unchanged LegoRR1.wad. Without doing any changes, I compiled it afterwards and the error occured again :(

Before installing Baz's great Mod everything went find with the WAD tool.

• 3 weeks later...
MrBeingcool

I've got another problem with this mod: Every time im trying to start the game, my computer says it crashed. It seems to be normal, but if i download the mod again, then start the game again, i get the same message...

And yes, i tried the troubleshooting tip changing to 16-Bit mode that Baz sent me, but nothing happened! Can someone help me? :(

• 2 months later...
Rock Bottom

Hey, I just downloaded the mod, I know it was too late but what is WAD file and where can I find it?

Thanks

Hey, I just downloaded the mod, I know it was too late but what is WAD file and where can I find it?

Thanks

WAD files (there are 2 of them) are in the folder where you installed LEGO Rock Raiders.

• 3 weeks later...
kevinevan77

As I'm waiting for this to download, the mod sounds great! and I'm excited to play this game again, glad I found this site to be able to play a game I loved so much once more

• 2 weeks later...
Rock Bottom

Sorry for the late comment, I have found it, But windows said that he cannot open WAD file, so you maybe know how can I opem WAD file?

Thanks

• Cyrem pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.