(WIP) Boulder Raiders

William

I just made that for use with the regular game, I haven't even used it with Boulder Raiders. By the way, sorry for the late response, I didn't notice this for awhile. Also, I'm redesigning the levels. I'm making almost all of them larger to make them harder. I'll probably leave about half of them the way they are though.

1. I'm going to finish Boulder Raiders so everyone knows that I'm not lying about it

2. Then I will tell you how I edited the EXE.

You can't do 1. without doing 2. first. You're not allowed to distribute your exe with your mod and thus people can't play your mod like you made it until you tell everyone how to make their exe exactly like yours. So even if you do finish your mod and upload it, it doesn't prove anything about whether or not you're lying about the exe.

Or... you can do just like they did on Command and Conquer Red Alert 2. Instead of releasing the moded exe,they released an instaler which moded the exe,which is not ilegal as they dont released a moded exe.

(Oh, and Willian sorry for the long delay beteween posts,i got Supreme Commander Forged Alliance and i have my own modding projects)

Or... you can do just like they did on Command and Conquer Red Alert 2. Instead of releasing the moded exe,they released an instaler which moded the exe,which is not ilegal as they dont released a moded exe.

VERY, VERY complex to make. You'd have to be an absolute ace at programming, plus you would need to take the *.icd into account.

I just made that for use with the regular game, I haven't even used it with Boulder Raiders.

Then it should be no problem to at least show proof you "fixed the AI" or made any of these mods.

Also, I'm redesigning the levels. I'm making almost all of them larger to make them harder. I'll probably leave about half of them the way they are though.

I dearly hope you mean your levels. If you mean the original levels... One Baz's Mod is enough.

Also, why tell us you're redesigning the levels when you haven't told us anything about the original levels?

just saw your HP tiny monsters. my point about the exe still stands

VERY, VERY complex to make. You'd have to be an absolute ace at programming, plus you would need to take the *.icd into account.

Oh well... scrath it. It is more harder than i tought.

Would Cyrem and TLC approve of this? I have thought of it before, but never really asked the question.

Would Cyrem and TLC approve of this? I have thought of it before, but never really asked the question.

Seeing as you are not distributing the tainted .exe file, then legally speaking, everything is fine.

Would Cyrem and TLC approve of this?
The Learning Company? I'm pretty sure they'd only care if you screwed with Reader Rabbit.

The LEGO Company.

Firstly, there's no "The LEGO Company", it's "The LEGO Group." Maybe TLC is also appropriate but 99% of the people I know call it TLG or just LEGO, before I knew you I have never heard TLC.

Second, you missed my joke entirley. You're such a pi-rat. Arr.

Here's the loading screen I will be using. I may add a Boulder Raider or two, but otherwise it's finished. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. I haven't added the loading bar either.

Here's the loading screen I will be using. I may add a Boulder Raider or two, but otherwise it's finished. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. I haven't added the loading bar either.

William add a rock monster.

Well, I actually like that loading screen. Did you make it in Lightwave, and was it complete brand new models you made, or did you extract stuff from LegoRR?

I made it with Lightwave. I made the wall and floor models, and the barrier on the right is my high-polygon construction barrier. The other models were from LEGO Rock Raiders. Oh, and the textures for the walls were the enhanced textures Amaruos made. By the way, I also made ones with Ice and Lava textures I'll show you later today, to see if they look better than Rock.

Here's Ice, and Here's Lava. Which of the three do you think looks best? Once I get your opinion on what looks best, I will add Boulder Raiders and maybe a Rock monster (or lava or ice, depending on the biome) and the loading bar.

• 2 weeks later...

About the levels, I want to make them as big as possible but not so big that it takes forever and gets boring, so what size do you think would be good? I was thinking somewhere between 50 x 50 and 25 x 25.

Can someone answer my question? And I thought of an idea for a monster type, but I'm not sure if it would be very logical. What about monsters riding Slimy Slugs or Rockwhales? It would probably be a good enemy, but it might not make sense since they most likely wouldn't be smart enough to tame them, but what do you think?

Can someone answer my question? And I thought of an idea for a monster type, but I'm not sure if it would be very logical. What about monsters riding Slimy Slugs or Rockwhales? It would probably be a good enemy, but it might not make sense since they most likely wouldn't be smart enough to tame them, but what do you think?

rockwhales will probably be hard , or you just use the small spider AI and change it that it goes to rr's

I almost have the Rockwhale AI finished, I just need to make the scenes and the texture. My question is if it would make sense that they could ride them.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a program that can extract files from Ratchet and Clank? I wanted to use some of the weapons for the Rock Raiders lasers, but I can't find any program that can open the files. I can give you a list of the file types if it helps.

• Cyrem changed the title to (WIP) Boulder Raiders
  • ShadowDraikana locked this topic