(WIP) Boulder Raiders

William

In this overhaul mod I'm going to add almost double the buildings and vehicles that are in the game right now if I can do that, otherwise I'll just change the current buildings and vehicles. I'm also going to redo all 25 levels and change the Rock Raiders skins. I'm adding dozens of new monsters as well as slugs for every element. I'm turning the tutorial levels into bonus missions where the goal is to find the only energy crystal in the level. I'm adding a sand and maybe a snow biome as well. I haven't come up with a good storyline yet but I am working on it. I am changing almost everything to High-Poly as well. I expect to be done by the end of this year unless I encounter problems. If anyone would like to help just post it in this topic, I'll let almost anyone help. One last thing, as my Lightwave 3D is the trial version, I cannot make new scenes so I will only be able to change the models that appear in the scenes. Oh, and tell me what you think of the name.

List

Monsters

Rock Monster

Ice Monster

Lava Monster

Water Monster

Molten Lava Monster

Electric Monster

Snow Monster

Energy Crystal Monster

Slugs

Slimy Slug

Fire Slug

Frost Slug

Sand Slug

Energy Crystal Slug

Electric Slug

Note: I am also adding drivable slugs with the above skins

Snakes

Rock Snake

Frost Snake

Fire Snake

Sand Snake

Energy Snake

Spiders

Rock Spider

Frost Spider

Fire Spider

Sand Spider

Energy Spider

Scorpions

Rock Scorpion

Frost Scorpion

Fire Scorpion

Sand Scorpion

Energy Scorpion

Buildings

Mobile Teleport

A mobile platform that can teleport Boulder Raiders

Mobile Tool Provider

A mobile base that provides tools and dynamite

Electric Fence Powerer

A building that can be placed anywhere and that powers elecric fences

Water Upgrade Station

A building that upgrades water vehicles

Super Support Station

A Support Station capable of supporting more Boulder Raiders than the regular Support Station

Training Center

A building that can train Boulder Raiders in everthing

Material Collector

A building that can move and collect materials

Crystal Refinery

Like the Ore Refinery, only it refines crystals.

VehicleTeleporter

A building that can teleport all vehicles.

Small Vehicles

Small Transport Duck

Like the Small Transport Duck, only it can cross water too

Digger Duck

Like the Small Digger, only it can cross water too.

Geological Truck

A vehicle that can scan walls.

Tunnel Teleporter

A vehicle that can transport individual Boulder Raiders around the cavern instantly

Shoreline Smasher

A boat that can drill shoreline rock

Rubble Clearer

Just like the Loader Dozer, only faster

Medium Vehicles

Medium Digger

Medium Transport Truck

Medium Hover Transport

Vehicle Teleporting Transport

Lightning Rider

Medium Mobile Laser Cutter

Transport Helicopter

Vehicle Transport

Medium Digger Duck

Medium Transport Duck

Coast Crumbler

Defense Truck

Sorry the names are repetitive, I'm making better ones, let me know if you have any suggestions.

Large Vehicles

Large Transport Truck

A truck that can carry large amounts of cargo

Rock Rumbler

Like the Chrome Crusher, only it can carry cargo too

Assault Ferry

A boat that can carry vehicles and has a mining laser

Ultra-Mech

A very large and expensive vehicle that can carry vehicles, carry cargo, drilll walls, has a mining laser, can clear rubble, and scan walls.

Completion List

Whatever is crossed out has been finished

Monsters

Energy Monster

Water Monster

Molten Lava Monster

Electric Monster

Snow Monster

Sand Monster

Slugs

Fire Slug

Frost Slug

Sand Slug

Energy Slug

Electric Slug

Snakes

Rock Snake

Frost Snake

Fire Snake

Sand Snake

Energy Snake

Spiders

Energy Spider

Rock Spider

Frost Spider

Fire Spider

Sand Spider

Energy Spider

Scorpions

Rock Scorpion

Frost Scorpion

Fire Scorpion

Sand Scorpion

Characters

Chief

Boulder Raider

Stormtrooper

Vehicles

Small Transport Duck

Digger Duck

Geological Truck

Tunnel Teleporter

Shoreline Smasher

Rubble Clearer

Large Transport Truck

Rock Rumbler

Assault Ferry

Ultra-Mech

Buildings

Mobile Teleport

Mobile Base

Fence Powerer

Water Upgrade Station

Super Support Station

Training Center

Material Collector

Vehicle Teleporter

It's apparent that you don't know the limitations of LRR modding. There are several things that we cannot do, period, since we don't have the source code of the game. Here's a sampling of what you've planned that is impossible to implement, and the reasoning why:

Crystal Refinery

Like the Ore Refinery, only it refines crystals.

First of all, the Power Station is the Crystal Refinery, but more importantly, we can't add a refined version of the energy crystal because it doesn't exist in code already and there's no way to add it in without the source code.

Dynamite Launcher

Like the Mining Laser, only it shoots dynamite that can destroy hard rock.

Mining lasers are hard-coded to shoot those blue lasers no matter what type of weapon is mounted onto them. I have mounted the Rock Monster's boulder onto a mining laser and it still shot the blue laser, albeit with different damage, range, and rate of fire. After trying with every other weapon type, I concluded that it is impossible to make a vehicle weapon that shoots a different projectile or laser.

Geological Truck

A vehicle that can scan walls and train Geologists

Vehicles can't train Rock Raiders, at least I'm pretty sure they can't. A mobile building is a different story. In fact, I'd recommend making this a mobile building since you can't teleport them, so it could add a bit of challenge if you have to find them in levels.

Tunnel Teleporter

A vehicle that can transport individual Boulder Raiders around the cavern instantly

If you mean making a vehicle with passenger seats, then that can't happen. I tried and it doesn't work. The game doesn't like it when two different objects mount the same object.

Small Rubble Clearer

A very fast vehicle that clears rubble one stage at a time

I'm a little unsure of this one, because I've experimented with this and I never got a vehicle to clear rubble one stage at a time.

When Extreme110 was going over his development plans for his SKN overhaul, I had to crush his hopes and dreams too. Don't take it personally. By the way, why do people keep trying to start up new overhauls when there's a total of one completed, two being developed, and the rest unsure?

• Like 2

The Tunnel Teleporter I am going to make it's RouteSpeed very fast so it looks like its teleporting, oh and I only mean it teleports the driver, no passengers.

And I believe, I'm not entirely positive as I haven't tested it yet, that if I put the command "Train Geologists" in it's properties, it could train them, but that's not very important as that was just to make it more useful. And if that doesn't work I'll use your suggestion of making it a mobile building.

And thanks for the info on the dynamite launcher, crystal refinery, and small rubble clearer, I'll change those today.

Thanks

When Extreme110 was going over his development plans for his SKN overhaul, I had to crush his hopes and dreams too.

You crushed about 3 hopes and dreams...now I'm stuck vending hot dogs at the local uni...

LOLJKS SKN IS EVEN BETTER NOW.

And I believe, I'm not entirely positive as I haven't tested it yet, that if I put the command "Train Geologists" in it's properties, it could train them, but that's not very important as that was just to make it more useful and I'll use your suggestion of making it a mobile building.

That won't work, I'm sorry. It's all just a big hardcoded mess what we have.

Sure, just let me know what you would like to do.

Which levels do you want me to do.

I think he means just make some levels, and he'll figure out where they should go.

Yeah, just come up with some levels, tell me what the basic idea of the level is, and I'll save a spot for them. Oh and cobra viru corruptor, did you want to make the mission objective? And Extreme110, did you want to help too?

Also would it be possible to make the Boulder Raiders change colors as they upgrade, or would I need the source code?

Yeah, just come up with some levels, tell me what the basic idea of the level is, and I'll save a spot for them. Oh and cobra viru corruptor, did you want to make the mission objective? And Extreme110, did you want to help too?

Also would it be possible to make the Boulder Raiders change colors as they upgrade, or would I need the source code?

I'll make some levels and will give you its objective's(NPL) and what you need to add to the CFG to make full use of the level (including erosion, and air delpletion).Sorry William, it's impossible to make the Boulder Raiders change colors as they upgrade unless, you just want a different uniform for them (if you want, i'll make a clone/storm trooper skn for them but without their helmets). Oh and William, how do you want to recieve the levels, by uploading them here or E-mailing them to you?

IS NOT POSSIBLE!

Yes, you'll need to modify the source code to be able to do that, I think.

I'll make some levels and will give you its objective's(NPL) and what you need to add to the CFG to make full use of the level (including erosion, and air delpletion).Sorry William, it's impossible to make the Boulder Raiders change colors as they upgrade unless, you just want a different uniform for them (if you want, i'll make a clone/storm trooper skn for them but without their helmets). Oh and William, how do you want to recieve the levels, by uploading them here or E-mailing them to you?

I updated my contact information with my mom's email so you can send it there. Thanks to both of you for the info about the color change and yeah, I'm a Star Wars fan so that would be great. Thanks.

I also added a completion list to the first post for anyone who wants to know how much is done.

Hey william, I had finished the storm trooper skn mod for your overhaul. But, only the helmet needs to be made but, everything else in the skin is finished.

First of all, I'm not sure what an ORR project is. I only started modifying the game a month ago so I'm not familar with everything yet, if you could let me know if there's a topic about it that would be great. And thanks for making the skin so quickly, I also came up with an idea for your stormtrooper skin. What if we make two skins, a regular Boulder Raider and your stormtrooper skin. We could make the regular one the primary one that is used, and hide a stormtrooper in a 1x1 cavern in every level as a bonus objective for each mission. Tell me if you think that would be a good idea.

First of all, I'm not sure what an ORR project is.

ORR is what addict has been working on for a while. A few other people have made their own versions, but they kind of died out. It means Open Rock Raiders, and it meant to be a term for an open source port of RR. Modding the game isn't in any way open source, anyone can open up the wads and look in them. It's also not coded from scratch. Personally I think scratch is better, its more fun, you code everything, so you know how the game works, and can add anything you bloody want. If you're still using your mom's email, you probably don't know any sort of programming language. Have a nice day.

Fire Slug

Frost Slug

Sand Slug

Energy Crystal Slug

Electric Slug

+ 5 Others

Rock Snake

Frost Snake

Fire Snake

Sand Snake

Energy Snake

Rock Spider

Frost Spider

Fire Spider

Sand Spider

Energy Spider

Rock Scorpion

Frost Scorpion

Fire Scorpion

Sand Scorpion

Energy Scorpion

There's such a thing as taking it too far with elemental creatures and becoming completally uncreative.

Yeah, I'm narrowing it down a bit. I have one of each kind for the four biomes (rock, ice, sand, and lava) and a few kinds that are only going to appear in one level that need to be defeated a special way, like the energy and electric kinds.

...No. I mean it's fine to make more elemental monsters as long as you're creative (as in, not all humanoid designs). Lava snakes and rock scorpions, on the other hand... no. It's ok to make new elemental creatures, but not reskin old ones. And you should have more regular species than elemental. The way you have it, it's just repetative like other things I could think of if I tried.

And I'm not being a hypocrite for creating those two slugs. The Energy Slug wasn't elemental, just a variation with different strengths. The Inferno Slug was, but he was a direct creation of the overlord. I didn't have any elemental anything else planned, except maybe salamanders.

Oh I see what you mean. I was going to make new types of monsters, but like I said in the first post, I can't make new scenes until I get the full version of Lightwave. I have some good concepts and I have an almost finished Rockwhale model but I can't make new scenes until I buy that if I do since it's so expensive. If I do get that, I'm going to replace some of them. And what do you mean regular species instead of elemental, like generic ones like the slugs are in the unmodded game?

1. I was going to make new types of monsters, but like I said in the first post, I can't make new scenes until I get the full version of Lightwave.

2. I have an almost finished Rockwhale model

3. And what do you mean regular species instead of elemental, like generic ones like the slugs are in the unmodded game?

1. I said there's nothing wrong with elemental monsters. It's elemental everything else.

2. pffff

3. Like slugs and the three scorpion types, or bats, or new things like worms and lizard and... anything organic and not elemental 100%, yes

• Cyrem changed the title to (WIP) Boulder Raiders
  • ShadowDraikana locked this topic