LEGO Racers F.A.Q

Addictgamer

Modded Lego

Yeah i know I don't have to post smilies all the time, I just do it for fun! Now anyways...

Yes, all of the listed requirements are there. The strange thing is that everything else works fine in the game except for the music skipping. It is very anoying because all I hear is this: Dun dun dun skip dun skip skip duuunnnn...It lags out the music sometimes if it skips alot. The sound effects in the game work completely fine though. I was thinking that the format of the music files are the problem. Because I installed the game on my newer computer, and the music works without skipping but no matter what I do I can't et the sound effect to work. None of them work on my new computer, not even the voices, all i hear is music in the background that plays fine. I'm just completly stumped... :zzz:

@Modded Lego By any chance is this happening on a Windows XP machine? Because I had this same problem on a WinXP machine back in November, and I made a quick little video about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFiyXuYWuiY

Tell me if that's the same problem your having, and if it is, do what I did in the video. If it works, we can add this to the FAQ.. ;)

Modded Lego

I tried your fix and it dosn't work. And yes i was running it on WinXP. I changed the sound quality all the way to low and it still didn't work. I know it's not my graphics card or my sound card because my graphics card and sound card are compadible. HELP! O_O

JrMasterModelBuilder

It's not very likely to be your problem, but is it possible that your speaker settings have been switched to suround sound? This would sometimes happen to me when I played some games on an XP computer and the audio would become garbled because I don't have surround sound speakers.

Modded Lego

Sorry it took me so long to test this.(had a ton of homework) :zzz:

I looked at my settings for my audio and everything was normal, no surround sound or anything. I tried the game again and it still does it. I have no clue how to fix it. Little help... :ilaser:

Modded Lego

does anyone know how to fix this music skipping! It's driving me crazy! 8S i would like to have the music so that I can make custom music with the tutorial but i'm not going to even get started if I can't get this fixed first! :/

It's beyond me what might be happening.

So, this is happening on Windows XP. Is there another computer you can put LR2 on? If so, try to put it on that one (but be sure to follow step 4 in the topic post if needed. The setting should be Windows XP SP2 ;)). Did you do any updates to your computer's hardware (sound card, GPU) before you installed LR2? Does this happen on any other computer? Did you say yes to all the dialog boxes when you installed LR2? If not, something may have not installed, and that may be why is broken.

Modded Lego

I have put lego racers 2 on my windows vista and the music works but there is no sound. That is really annoying because then i can't hear any of the sounds around the game. Yes this is happening on a windows xp and i didn't update anything when i installed LR2. Yes i have said yes to all of the dialog boxes when i installed it. I have tried all of the compadability options on the windows xp version and it still dosn't work.

Wow. Then I'm lost. Then all I can say is to get your Dad or someone in your family who is tech-savvy to look at it for you. You're sound card might need updating, but it doing that on two different computers make that seem less likely.

As I said, I'm stumped. I don't know what else I can do.

Modded Lego

Thats ok i guess i'll just have to do away with the music or the sound. I think i'll just disable the buggy music in the game on the windows xp and then play my music in the backgound. I would rather have the music lost instead of the sound. Thanks anyway for your help! :)

JrMasterModelBuilder

This is probably a stupid suggestion and you've probably already checked, but on the computer that isn't playing the sound at all, are the sound effects turned off in the settings?

Modded Lego

No I have the sound effect volume all the way up, it plays for a while but then it stops playing. Then it starts again, So i don't know what it is. :zzz:

• 1 month later...

Well this is awkward. I'm having to read the FAQ that I wrote.

I can't get my 1999 copy to run! The disc is in, and I clicked the EXE. A splash screen loaded (another difference!), and it crashed with an error saying that it could not find a proper 3D device. I tried -select3d, but I was not able to select anything as there was nothing to select. WinVista SP2 x86 (again...)

Yup. Real awkward. :P

EDIT: And -novideo doesn't work either.

Yea...... I'll say this is awkward.

EDIT 2: Aaaaannnnndddddd....... the same thing happens on Win7 x64. I'm really in a pickle now. :P

Edited by le717

• 3 months later...

Alright, a small update.

When I wrote the alternate installation method for LR, I didn't have the 1999 version. I do now, and I have tested the method stated. It works, you just have to put your CD in your computer, as the ICD is extracted when the .cab is.

I should have known this already, considering how many times I've read that JMMB hasn't installed his copy in years and just copies it to the PC from his external HDD when he wants it. :P

Should that be added to the OP?

If you think it should, yes. You can just change my wording to say

Then run the exe. If you have a 1999 release, you will need to insert your CD to play. If you have a 2001 rerelease, you can run it straight from the extracted folder (if you care to do that, that is).

Also, you can remove that "(yea, extract an extractor.)" text. I was kinda saying how crazy it is to extract an extractor, when that extractor can extract RAR files and it compress in a RAR. ;)

• 3 months later...

When I load LR1, I am unable to make any racer, or edit ones. The only racers availiable to me are the 4 starter ones. When I try to make a new racer, the game says, "Not enough memory!" ANy help with that?

When I load LR1, I am unable to make any racer, or edit ones. The only racers availiable to me are the 4 starter ones. When I try to make a new racer, the game says, "Not enough memory!" ANy help with that?

Out of curiosity, are you by any chance running LR on a flash drive (I've done a topic on that somewhere around here...)? Usually I get that error whenever I run LR from my flash drive and change the resolution from 480p to something else.

This may sound like a dumb question, since I'm sure you're smart enough to know what you are doing, but are you playing the Racers Demo? The demo doesn't allow you to create new racers. You can make your own, but it cannot be saved, and it will say "Time Up" after building a racer for a while.

This happened to me once when I messed with the save file.

Out of curiosity, are you by any chance running LR on a flash drive (I've done a topic on that somewhere around here...)? Usually I get that error whenever I run LR from my flash drive and change the resolution from 480p to something else.

This may sound like a dumb question, since I'm sure you're smart enough to know what you are doing, but are you playing the Racers Demo? The demo doesn't allow you to create new racers. You can make your own, but it cannot be saved, and it will say "Time Up" after building a racer for a while.

No, and no. LR1 is on an original disc, and I don't even know where to fine the demo( :P ).

This happened to me once when I messed with the save file.

As far as I know, I never touched the save file. Unless I did something by accident.

Thats very strange! I have never seen this error message before. :gasp: How much ram does your computer have, how much space, and what system are you using? :?: This will help determine what the problem is. THX! :love:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.