LEGO Racers F.A.Q

Addictgamer

Um, um, and um. :P

I'll get back to ya on that.

Ok , sorry about all the questions. Just kinda need to know information. Take your time. :whistle:

What Modded Lego is asking is for you to post a dxdiag dump here. Press Windows+R, type "dxdiag", say Yes if it asks to check for certified drivers, then click the "Save All Information" at the bottom. Make a post here and paste the contents into a spoiler (by surrounding the text with

).

And yes, take your time. No rush. ;)

Oh, a change can be made to the OP, under LEGO Racers 2>Game Will Not Install>#4. It has been confirmed that running the installer in Windows 98/ME compatibility mode will bypass the 2 GB RAM limit issue.

I will do this either at midnight when my dad falls asleep, or in the morning.

I dunno. Im itchin to try LR1 again. :P

BTW, that thing occured when I tryed it on my XP. I dunno what will happen if i run it in Compatibility Mode for Win7.

EDIT: Dang. It wants stupid admin mode. Confound it, now I cant do anything without waking dad up.

Yeah most of the compadabiliy modes on windows 7 need administrative rights before you can do anything on it. Ask your dad first if you can get the program to work. Maybe he can help you. :af:

Well, problem in a nutshell.

He'd have to let me on admin acsess to do anything, and if he does that, then I have free reign to download anything, which he(in a flash of genius) outlawed me to do years ago. :P

New update to the OP, Racers 2>Installation.

I think it would be best to reorder the list, in the following manner (in order from best bet to don't try this):

2. Compatibility mode

3. Limit the amount of RAM Windows uses

4. Take out RAM sticks

5. Boot.ini

But what is number 1?

Download le717's Click-And-Go LEGO Racers 2 Alternate Installer. Just supply your disc, and it will install.

Never mind, it works fine on Win 7.

Interestingly enough, it actually runs perfectly fine without compatibility mode, cept for a little glitching near the beginning with all the videos.

Yeah, I wanted to go back and try to fix it on my XP, but my dad retired it without me knowing(it was 7 to 9 yeas old, and was running kinda slow) :P

Never mind, it works fine on Win 7.

Interestingly enough, it actually runs perfectly fine without compatibility mode, cept for a little glitching near the beginning with all the videos.

Take a look at the topic post, under LEGO Racers 1>Something is wrong with the videos for the fix. I have that same error. ;)

um, le he was he was having a problem with lego racers 1 not lego racers 2. :lol:

I know that. This is the LEGO Racers 1/2 FAQ, and I was giving new info to add to the FAQ. ;)

• 3 months later...

FAQ updates:

I've made a Click-And-Go LEGO Racers Alternate Installer now. Same way the LR2 one goes.

For LR2, I discovered that if you run Win8 and set the installer to run in Win7 compatibility mode, you can bypass the 2GB RAM limit and avoid any UAC and Compatibility messages. Running it normally, however, brings up the RAM error.

Modded Lego made a small tutorial on how to run Racers 1999 on Vista (at least for him), but I cannot confirm it (I no longer have Vista), and (no offense, Modded. ;)) it needs to be cleaned up for clearer directions.

I've made a Click-And-Go LEGO Racers Alternate Installer now. Same way the LR2 one goes.

I'll need a link to that to add it to the OP (forgive me if I completely missed an obvious link to it somewhere).

Added the rest to the OP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.