Bmp Files

dead_name

I can now extract most of the textures. I wrote a small application that saves the images as png files. Here are a few samples from the RACEC0R1 folder:

UKh3XBx.png          FEsNb6r.png      UKzcEnA.png      AXHz2ss.png

A1WNDOW.BMP IG_FLAG2.BMP MESH.BMP NETTING.BMP

And here is a bigger sample:

4ighRYi.png

IGP.BMP

• Like 8

ProfessorBrickkeeper

I can now extract most of the textures. I wrote a small application that saves the images as png files.

Just a tip, but saving them as standard bitmap (.bmp) files might be wiser, as LEGO Racers can parse them and read them natively. This avoids the tedious task of having to convert the .pngs to .bmps and also helps to preserve the alpha channel of the textures.

As a texture modder, I cannot wait to see the release of this tool, which will bring us forward in modding LR1 by leaps and bounds.

• Like 3

giphy.gif

Wait, that's not enough of an applause for this momentous occasion...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

0001st50.gif

1078584-ovation.gif

giphy.gif

Awesome! This will be so much better than using 3D Ripper DX, especially as we can now rip all the textures. New HUD mod, anyone?

As a texture modder, I cannot wait to see the release of this tool, which will bring us forward in modding LR1 by leaps and bounds.

Here it is: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/231

You will just have to extract the archive. It is a .NET 3.5 console application. You can either drag and drop files on the exe or use the console: ExtractBMP.exe "<file>.BMP".

Just a tip, but saving them as standard bitmap (.bmp) files might be wiser, as LEGO Racers can parse them and read them natively. This avoids the tedious task of having to convert the .pngs to .bmps and also helps to preserve the alpha channel of the textures.

The output will be a .bmp file and at the same location as the input file but with the extention .BMP.bmp

I added a lot of debug outputs to the tool, so that it should be easy to find possible gaps. Currently the tool can not convert all files. It can not handle files where the width is not matching the stride (!?!). There are only a few files like this. Mostly font files.

I hope it works.

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.