Loading Screen Freeze

daddy7860

Oh forgot to mention, this happens on levels where you start with no base, like the first level and "split down the middle"

That's...wut. As much as I'd like to say "AH-HUH!", that only adds to the confusion.

Presumably though it's because...THE RAIDERS THAT START THERE!

AH-HUH!

In these levels folders, goto the .ol file. Change the "Pilot" entries to the Geologist or whatever Raider you made as the top dependency. Does that work?

I made nothing as the top dependency lol I just removed the pilot dependency all together, and it works perfectly, plus I commented out the dependencies that ended up with nothing such as the tool store and power paths. But you said I should change the raiders in the ol so i'll see if that works

Edit: Alright when I started Driller Night with 3 geologists instead of pilots, they instantly teleported out and I failed the mission going "what duh fuuu....?" LOL what just happened there?

A level is considered failed if there are no visible Pilots and there are no visible Tool Stores. You'll either have to edit the NERPS file of the level you're testing or you can swap the names for the Geologist and Pilot so the game reads the raider as a Pilot but the player sees it as a Geologist.

A level is considered failed if there are no visible Pilots and there are no visible Tool Stores. You'll either have to edit the NERPS file of the level you're testing

Ah, I forgot that whole NERPS thing. Yeah, get Cyrem's NPL scripter, open up the .nrm (I think that's the one you are supposed to compile), find the lines about"GetMiniFiguresOnLevel" and recompile the script (.npl). That'll fix it, I hope.

I tried the Split down the middle level and it worked so it's only the driller night level where I instantly fail... so you were saying about NERPS? lol I'll try the NERPS thing too

ALright I tried the NERPS thing and it didn't do anything, any other suggestions? it's only for the level "Driller Night" btw

hmm...if it works on every other level, then this confuses me a little. Driller Night is different, but not THAT much...can you paste the contents or the NRM/NRN that you compiled and tried?

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; NERPs Source File ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Generated

; "Sep 21 1999"

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Stamp it here:

"22:53:19":

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

GetObjectiveSwitch ? SetMessagePermit 0

GetObjectiveSwitch ? :SkippedSkip

GetObjectiveShowing = 1 ? :Skip

SkippedSkip:

TRUE ? SetMessageTimerValues 1000 1000 10000

TRUE ? AddR0 1

TRUE ? SetR6 0

TRUE ? :end

Wbe:

GetMessageTimer > 0 ? Stop

TRUE ? SetTimer0 0

TRUE ? SetR0 0

TRUE ? AddR5 1

Stop

Skip:

TRUE ? SetTutorialFlags 4095

TRUE ? SetMessagePermit 1

TRUE ? SetTimer0 0

TRUE ? SetTimer1 0

TRUE ? SetTimer2 0

TRUE ? SetR0 0

TRUE ? SetR1 0

TRUE ? SetR5 0

TRUE ? SetR7 1

TRUE ? CameraUnlock

Stop

Next:

TRUE ? AddR3 1

Clear:

TRUE ? SetR0 0

TRUE ? SetTimer0 0

TRUE ? AddR7 GetR5

TRUE ? SetR5 0

Stop

finish:

Stop

Complete:

TRUE ? SetLevelCompleted

Stop

end:

TRUE ? SetTutorialFlags 0

GetCrystalsCurrentlyStored > 4 ? SetR3 5

GetMiniFiguresOnLevel > 0 ? :canrebuild

GetToolStoresBuilt = 0 ? canrebuild

canrebuild:

TRUE ? AddR6 1 TRUE ? SetR2 1 TRUE ? AddR2 GetR3 GetR2 != GetR6 ? :Init/ Init:

{

TRUE ? SetR1 0

}

TRUE ? :Next Init/:

TRUE ? AddR6 1 TRUE ? SetR2 1 TRUE ? AddR2 GetR3 GetR2 != GetR6 ? :WaitForToolstore/ WaitForToolstore:

{

GetToolStoresBuilt = 0 ? Stop

TRUE ? SetMessagePermit 0

TRUE ? SetMessage 6 1

TRUE ? SetCameraGotoTutorial 1

}

TRUE ? :Next WaitForToolstore/:

TRUE ? AddR6 1 TRUE ? SetR2 1 TRUE ? AddR2 GetR3 GetR2 != GetR6 ? :PlayMessage1/ PlayMessage1:

{

}

TRUE ? :Next PlayMessage1/:

TRUE ? AddR6 1 TRUE ? SetR2 1 TRUE ? AddR2 GetR3 GetR2 != GetR6 ? :WaitForCrystal/ WaitForCrystal:

{

GetCrystalsCurrentlyStored = GetR1 ? Stop

TRUE ? SetMessagePermit 0

TRUE ? SetR1 GetCrystalsCurrentlyStored

TRUE ? SetMessage GetR1 1

}

TRUE ? :Next WaitForCrystal/:

TRUE ? AddR6 1 TRUE ? SetR2 1 TRUE ? AddR2 GetR3 GetR2 != GetR6 ? :PlayMessage2/ PlayMessage2:

{

TRUE ? SetR3 3

GetCrystalsCurrentlyStored > 4 ? :cestfini

Stop

cestfini:

TRUE ? SetTimer1 0

}

TRUE ? :Next PlayMessage2/:

TRUE ? AddR6 1 TRUE ? SetR2 1 TRUE ? AddR2 GetR3 GetR2 != GetR6 ? :PauseBaforeEnd/ PauseBaforeEnd:

{

GetTimer1 < 5000 ? Stop

TRUE ? SetLevelCompleted

}

TRUE ? :Next PauseBaforeEnd/:

I'm sure that would prevent me from failing the level, but then I couldn't get anything done, so how do I prevent them from teleporting out in the first place?

How does removing part of a failure condition prevent you from getting stuff done? Seriously. If you want a workaround for now, activate debug keys, go into any level and turn off NERPS (press F12 until NoNERPS appears in the top corner) then go into the level you're testing. NERPS will still be disabled, so you won't fail the level immediately. Then play through your level until you think you've met the victory conditions and turn NERPS on again.

activate debug keys, go into any level and turn off NERPS (press F12 until NoNERPS appears in the top corner) then go into the level you're testing. NERPS will still be disabled, so you won't fail the level immediately.

Oh daddy, I'm so happy you can read I could just dddddddd

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.