Loading Screen Freeze

daddy7860

Well it's not actually frozen, but when it loads to about 80% it just stops loading.. like stops lol, did I do something wrong with compiling my WADs? I clicked compile new wad and did that for both RR0 and RR1 folders

Well that is certainly weird. It usually crashes when there is something wrong. Did you add or replace any files with somewhat large size ones? Just asking because if you've added anything large( by large I'm talking files 20mb > ) it probably is loading... just really slowly.

What changes did you do?

The only changes I made were from this site, most HP mods, cfg editing, and textures, and as I said, the CPU is not being used at ALL when it stops loading, so it literally STOPS loading lol it's just idle

Edit: Alright I've narrowed it down to a RR0 problem, I'm guessing I incorrectly edited the cfg file. Can you give me any tips on what NOT to edit?

Another Edit: OK I fixed it lol nvm

BTW, I know you fixed the problem, but I have to say, you have the coolest name and avatar...seriously man, pimp my ride ;P

What did you find the problem was?

Another Edit: OK I fixed it lol nvm

Bah-hum. Go ahead, place yo "Fixed" label on this whole topic.

Hahahaha Rikku ftw!! :D Yeah this is a SEXYYYYY babe from the youtube video called "Shawties over 9000 BB & G-Wize" Her name is Savannah Scott BTW ;)

And I fixed it by removing some code that I ignorantly put in the WRONG place in the cfg lol, just a n00b mistake it was my first time haha, but I mod other games so no prob

Oh and just to clear it up, can anyone tell me exactly what Open RR is? Is it a new level or a whole new game

but I mod other games

Oh and just to clear it up, can anyone tell me exactly what Open RR is? Is it a new level or a whole new game

What other games do you mod?

And ORR is essentially a custom-made, open-source version of LEGO Rock Raiders. Ask addict about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it says that in the description, doesn't really tell me what it is.. lol

And I used to mod Halo, Fable, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and a bunch of flash games.. it's fun haha

Yeah it says that in the description, doesn't really tell me what it is.. lol

And I used to mod Halo, Fable, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and a bunch of flash games.. it's fun haha

Very good...Flash Games would be interesting...

Now this is a bit off topic lol... oh btw so i have a problem with the multiple rock raiders mod, I did everything it said on the tut, but I only see the blue rock raider, Jet is the only one that ever shows up

You have to add the other ones into a map by editing the OL file. You can do that through a text editor or by using the Map Creator. There's no way to teleport more than one kind of raider.

You have to add the other ones into a map by editing the OL file. You can do that through a text editor or by using the Map Creator. There's no way to teleport more than one kind of raider.

As we unfortunately wasted 5 weeks working on...bloody DDI ;P

Can you make it so that when you train a rock raider as a driver or something, that they have other skills that come with the ability to drive or fly?

Also how do you change which rock raider is teleported?

The first raider in the Minifigures { section is the one that gets teleported. If you follow the instructions for the multi-minifig mod, it will teleport a Pilot (Jet), but if you rearrange the order than you can make other raider types teleport instead of the Pilot.

You cannot make a raider learn how to use flying vehicles by training as a driver, nor can you add any other kind of skill when training. Those are hard coded functions.

Alright, new problem.. The game doesn't let me start with ANYTHING except the pilot... when I start a lvl with anything other than pilot, the game won't let me get past the green mission objective screen.. I keep clicking the arrow but it goes back again...

Alright, new problem.. The game doesn't let me start with ANYTHING except the pilot... when I start a lvl with anything other than pilot, the game won't let me get past the green mission objective screen.. I keep clicking the arrow but it goes back again...

You might need to download the .cfg I provide, then download those other Minifigure models again, then make sure your OL File is correctly formatted with a game camera as well.

OL files are just text files containing objects with coordinates, heading, and a few other properties. Here's an example:

LEGO* {

Camera {
type TVCamera
xPos 13.124288
yPos 44.450302
heading 0
}

Tools {
type Toolstation
xPos 12.500000
yPos 45.500000
heading 90
}

HiddenRRider {
type SmallHeli
xPos 12.5
yPos 19.5
heading 175
}

LostRaider {
type Pilot
xPos 28.425482
yPos 11.533246
heading 315
}

LostBoard {
type Hoverboard
xPos 22.5
yPos 7.5
heading 315
}
}

I don't know how to mod OL files, and my game isn't crashing! lol

From the guide, it states that you place an MMF in the same place as another object which is causing them to collide, and the game won't hack it. You need to move the object onto it's own square, then the map should load.

Well I never touched the OL files at all, so I'm pretty sure that's not what's wrong.. it happened after I switched the order of all the minifigure files so that Geologist was first. I didn't do any map editing either, so... idk

Well I never touched the OL files at all, so I'm pretty sure that's not what's wrong.. it happened after I switched the order of all the minifigure files so that Geologist was first. I didn't do any map editing either, so... idk

That's freakin' weird...um, can you list the exact set of steps you've performed so far?

I switched this

MiniFigureTypes {

Pilot 	Mini-Figures\Pilot

Geologist	Mini-Figures\Geologist

Driver 	Mini-Figures\Driver

Engineer	Mini-Figures\Engineer

Sailor 	Mini-Figures\Sailor

}

To this

MiniFigureTypes {

Geologist	Mini-Figures\Geologist

Pilot 	Mini-Figures\Pilot

Driver 	Mini-Figures\Driver

Engineer	Mini-Figures\Engineer

Sailor 	Mini-Figures\Sailor

}

Lol is that simple enough? So WHY isn't it working D: plz and ty ^-^

Lol is that simple enough? So WHY isn't it working D: plz and ty ^-^

I always presumed that you switched the stats block as well as that, but then again, I have never actually used this trick before. You'll need to ask Cirevam, since he seems to know what he's doing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.