Gdv

MCHover

The Giant Drilling Vehicle. I suppose it refers to the Chrome Crusher, but I have no idea why this vehicle would have two names.

Is it the Chrome Crusher?

and if so:

Does anyone know why it has these two names?

and if not so:

What is it?

"Axel is an expert driver. He can handle any kind of vehicle but is happiest behind the controls of The Giant Drilling Vehicle (GDV)"

This is Axle's description on his card. I can only assume the GDV was the original name for the Chrome Crusher. All the books always claimed his favorite vehicle was the Chrome Crusher, and since there is no set called "GDV"...

Those display sets have all kinds of differences from the rest of the RR sets tho. It's one of the only times "Axle" is referred to as "Axel" and all The minifigs except Bandit and Sparks have atleast one different color or piece on them.

I could just have looked in the fantastic wiki before I wrote this topic. I am sorry about that. In the wiki it says that both the Chrome Crusher and the Granite Grinder is a GDV. Interesting thing that this term is used about both vehicles. Purhaps the GDV is a kind of a vehicle class.?

It should refer to the Chrome Crusher, but thanks to another book it also refers to the Granite Grinder, making things even worse.

I could just have looked in the fantastic wiki before I wrote this topic. I am sorry about that. In the wiki it says that both the Chrome Crusher and the Granite Grinder is a GDV. Interesting thing that this term is used about both vehicles. Purhaps the GDV is a kind of a vehicle class.?

Edit Argh you beat me to it. Yes, it seems to be a vehicle class or something, but we don't really know since it has been used a total of twice ever; once on the strange cards and once in a book not even about Rock Raiders but containing lots of concept art for it (the latter also refered to the Granite Grinder). So we don't really know. However, I'd like to say that the Small Digger is the only non-GDV, unless you count the back-of-the-box MOCs, in which case, only the GG and ChCr are GDVs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.