Rock Raider shields

TheDoctor

Well, rock raiders could have automatic shields, that only activate when a 'Bubble' around the rr is penetrated. (why waste a perfectly upgrade clone?) While the object doesn't hit the rr, the shield puts pressure on said rr, thus the rr looses stamina not heath.

The Blue effect on the LMS_E may be when the asteroid crashes into the magnetic field. The Asteroid has too much momentum that when the field is turned on, it fractures because there is no time to turn around. Ice in the asteroid causes the blue effect.

Epic, im not being a creeper her but, how old are you?

Im sorry, but you obviously have no critical thinking skills.

• The "BLUE" you speak of is not ice. ALL OF THEIR SHIELDS ARE BLUE.
  • The tripwire theory has already been proposed.
  • A magnetic field cannot be what is in use here. Magnetic fields do not apply dead force against objects.

Please...spare us...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheDoctor

• TheEPICtrainrider

• Cirevam

• Sonic322

TheEPICtrainrider

what other shields? I've only seen blue on the lms_e's.

Ice, can refract light, so when it shatters like that it could be like the water vapor in the sky, making the blue effect.

what other shields? I've only seen blue on the lms_e's.

Ice, can refract light, so when it shatters like that it could be like the water vapor in the sky, making the blue effect.

Water vapor cannot exist is space...

Yeah, but ice does exist in space. Perhaps ice chunks broke off the asteroid and light shone through them, refracted by the water molecules? I know for a fact that liquid oxygen is visibly blue, more so than water. But maybe the shield started a strong electric current through the water and minerals in the asteroid, somehow causing electrolysis and separating the oxygen and the hydrogen, so what we're really seeing is liquid or solid oxygen chunks. It somewhat explains why the asteroid practically crumbles like it does.

I don't know if oxygen would say in a non-gaseous state in a vacuum, but after separating the oxygen should not have an unmatched electron, which means the magnetic field would not affect it. It would be quite possible to have a pool of liquid or solid oxygen traveling parallel to the shield's area of effect, creating the illusion that you can visibly see the shield.

Epic, im not being a creeper her but, how old are you?

Im sorry, but you obviously have no critical thinking skills.

Doctor, I'm not being a creeper here, but how old are you?

I'm sorry, but you obviously have no open-minded thought processes, or even hypothetical ones. Please...spare us...

Doctor, I'm not being a creeper here, but how old are you?

I'm sorry, but you obviously have no open-minded thought processes, or even hypothetical ones. Please...spare us...

Well, id have to that one a 10 for creativity Cirevam. Really, rhetorical much?

Getting angry is fine, but using age as a measure of intelligence is, well, stupid. Also, I copy people's insults, change a few words, and throw it back at them to make a point about how conceited/dumb they're sounding at that moment. Kind of like saying "read that again and figure out what you really sound like."

INB, that's cheating. ;)

off-topic: so thats how you make your insults cirevam

on-topic: but, you can't tell me that the RRs can't die, if they "die" then the RR is teleported up to the ship and they DO NOT show up again.

this can be tested by nameing an RR and haveing him die, and he will not be in any level after he dies

Of course, you just teleport him up when he is low on shield and then you even have the chance of getting him back in the next 1-5 teleports...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, I personally believe that the LMS's shields are incredibly precise EMPs, like someone mentioned earlier. For the RRs, I accept the theory about a tripwire triggering a sort of "force bubble." However, I will go on to explain how I think it works. There is a thin, electromagnetically-controlled field of negative matter particles surrounding the Rock Raider (whitch I do believe is a clone). Negative matter is a hypothetical form of matter that repels objects gravitationally, not attracts. This field can be punctured by slow-moving objects, but the field condenses when an object hits it hard, repelling it, but loosing energy. This process also traps the air within the field, giving the RR a noticeable pressure, hence the RR looses stamina, but not health. When a RR's shield looses all of its energy, it triggers a response in the LMS's computer, teleporting him up. They would need to recover from a loss in stamina in a rehabilitation center, why they're not seen again. Still a bit etchy, though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.