Rock Raiders Disappearing

Mightylegion

Mightylegion

So I just recently started playing LRR again, after finding out that I could play it on Vista with a little troubleshooting. Everything has been running smoothly for the most part, until all of the sudden, half-way through a level, my rock raiders start disappearing. It didn't start until I began changing the game speed, so I thought that might have something to do with it, but I switched it back and it's still happening. I even tried not bringing down all my rock raiders, and then after they disappeared, bringing down the rest, but the second they got off the transporter they disappeared. Has this ever happened to anyone, and if it has, what is the solution?

Mightylegion

It was happening on the Explosive Action one as well as the Tunnel Scout to find the lost raider.

Delete System32.

Just kidding, that will kill your computer. Instantly. FOREVER. Don't fall for that from other people.

Mightylegion

As long as I don't try to speed up the game speed then I haven't had any problems, which while inconvenient isn't that bad because the game is still working fine. Thanks for all the help

Yeah. This is one of those known bugs that happens as a result of moddng. There's not really a way to fix it, but the best way to mitigate it is get some guys in vehicles as fast as you can. Vehicles don't dissapear.

Also addict's suggestion if unconfirmed hearsay.

Edit: it's also worth noting that this happens a lot on Frozen Frenzy.

Addictgamer

Yeah. This is one of those known bugs that happens as a result of moddng. There's not really a way to fix it, but the best way to mitigate it is get some guys in vehicles as fast as you can. Vehicles don't dissapear.

Happened in VANILLA RR for me.

Hmm...ain't never happened to me. Who's the publisher of your game disc?

Then again, it is on Vista...

My RR game never ran on vista, and if it did, the raiders were missing textures and looked like pine-tree/sandwich raiders.

They look like this except their whole body does this:

I fixed it by using the ancient method of lrn2notvista.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The Brigadier

This happended to me on Baz's Mod. I was playing Frozen Frenzy, and a monster appeared, so I pressed the 'everybody panic' button. They shot it, then, they ran away and dissapeared. For a few seconds, I could select one. I put it in shoulder view, and it was weird. The entire level was shaking, the Rock Raiders were doing their 'run away screaming' noises, and I simply couldn't do anything. I then pressed top view, and I was transported to the edge of the map. I thought at first that I could just select them all with a click and drag, and teleport them out. But it just wouldn't select. I tried to teleport down some more Raiders, but the minute they left the platform, they disappeared. But, if I was quick enough, I could select one before he left the platform and put it in shoulder/eye view. I then proceded to where the Rock Raiders disappeared, and it was like the place was haunted! I could hear the Raiders, but I couldn't see them. But the strangest thing of all was when some Ice Monsters appeared. One stopped, and picked up a Raider out of nothing! As soon as the arm went down, the Rock Raider appeared, and the monster did the usual 'dangle person at arm's length, then throw'. When a Rock Raider hit the floor, he would get up, and stand, motionless and unselectable. The funny thing was, that apart from the Raiders disappearing, the level was functioning normally to a certain extent. I could still select buildings, make vehicles, the lot! Just no minions to select! I could even drill walls with the should/eye view trick! So, I uncovered the cavern with a lot of landslides, and more monsters appeared. YAY

Then, the monsters repeated that trick from earlier! Plucking out a Rock Raider from another dimension, and mercilessly throwing him to the floor! In another cavern!

So, I deduced that the Raiders MUST still be able to move around, but they weren't doing anything, because they disappeared and glitched when they were running away. Running away because I turned Action Stations off too early, and they ran from a dying Ice Monster *facepalm*. They weren't shovelling rubble, because they were stuck running in Rock Raider hell. They weren't collecting stuff either. They wouldn't even get in a vehicle. It's one thing for them to turn invisible, but they glitched in 'scared and running away' mode? How unlucky am I!

I can't even complete Baz's version of Rocky Horror because the game crashes by the time I hit 300 crystals! 5 times in a row I have tried Rocky Horror, and 5 times I have completed it, but my Transport Trucks can't get the crystals because it keeps crashing!

*Grabs a TV out of a skip and throws it on the floor*

Can anyone guess where that reference is from?

This 'Raiders disappearing' glitch often happens to me when a Rock Raider is picked up and thrown by a Monster (Windows 7). If I keep my Raiders a safe distance away. it usually doesn't happen.

• 1 month later...

I can't remember if I ever mentioned it on the forums, but I know how to consistently cause all raiders to disappear, at least with mods. If you edit the Tool Store so its tool nulls have the same coordinates as its deposit null (so the raider will appear where the tools appear), then set down a building foundation so barriers appear at the Tool Store, teleporting a raider will cause all raiders to disappear. Similarly, if you have a mobile tool store and you place a building foundation on the tool store, the barriers will appear but will disappear when set down. I know this isn't a solution, but maybe it's a clue.

• 2 weeks later...
TheMeddlingMage

This issue also occurs on my client. The Rocik Raiders disappear a short while after they come in touch with the Tool Station (Which means I can't do crud!). Newly created raiders disappear immediately after the first Rock Raiders start disappearing, after which the rest almost instantly follows. This only happens to me with Baz's mod.

I hate that stupid glitch it happened to me today when i was playing down in the dirt in Baz,s Mod and i did tweaked it out a bit so don't know if that caused it but that dang glitch makes me so :rf: :rf: :rf: :rf: :rf: :rf: :rf: :rf: i wish there was a solution to fix it :'(

TheMeddlingMage

The glitch must be caused by something on the owner's PC, seeing as it occurs on different times and different places for everyone. The real problem here is tracking down the evildoer on the system.

• 2 months later...

Okay I think I should have posted this is along time ago so here I go , now noticing how this glitch seems to pop up out of the blue I figured that it must primarily be caused from monster's Picking up a raider so i disabled the monster's ability to pick up and threw this was in Baz's Mod 1.5 so then i tried erode works again but I suffered the same glitch only this time it was worse , The monster's came out and they disappeared to my raider were stuck in running a mode too O_O I was like OMG so used the debug key E on a wall to spawn a Monster and it vanished into thin air it seems this glitch can be more destructive then we thought :cry::( . So finally i disabled the Monster's ability to scare hoping that would fix it well it did not same glitch happened so it seems it must be caused from something else :facepalm: but that could be a clue to this :?:

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to contribute my two cents to this topic;

I, for the first time ever, experienced this exact glitch. I was playing "Don't Panic!" in Baz's mod, and after pausing the game for about an hour and coming back to it, I noticed that all of my rock raiders had disappeared, save for one that was driving a transport truck. The transport truck had instead disappeared, but the driver was left in some strange falling animation in the same position that the truck used to be in before it disappeared.

I could click on the driver (and end up selecting the truck). When I tried to go into first person view, I received the well known view of "rock raider hell", with the camera bugging out. Upon leaving first or second person view, my camera would be placed at one of the corners of the level.

I had gotten pretty far into this level, too. Darn.

Just wanted to contribute my two cents to this topic;

I, for the first time ever, experienced this exact glitch. I was playing "Don't Panic!" in Baz's mod, and after pausing the game for about an hour and coming back to it, I noticed that all of my rock raiders had disappeared, save for one that was driving a transport truck. The transport truck had instead disappeared, but the driver was left in some strange falling animation in the same position that the truck used to be in before it disappeared.

I could click on the driver (and end up selecting the truck). When I tried to go into first person view, I received the well known view of "rock raider hell", with the camera bugging out. Upon leaving first or second person view, my camera would be placed at one of the corners of the level.

I had gotten pretty far into this level, too. Darn.

How much RAM do you have, and what version of Baz's mod? Sounds like you simply had too much going on in the level, so it attempted to flush itself.

I had 1024MB of ram allocated to the VM that was running lego rock raiders, and version 1.5 of Baz's mod. Hmm, too much going on? I just played it again, and I was able to complete the level without problems, with even more going on, I think.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.