Offworld

the dude

Name: Offworld

Map objective: colect the crystal hoard (200 somthing)

Back story: "Our long-range scanners have detected a large consentrated amount of energy crystals on a meteor orbiting the planet. We teleported a small base to the meteor an found that the hoard was surounded by hard rock. So we teleported a Chrome Crusher down to the base, but disaster struck. A small asteroid struck the LMS Explorer at the exact moment when we teleported the Chrome Crusher, acedentaly teleporting it onto the otherside of the metor. You must now drill across the meteor to the base and get all those energy crystals. Scaners have also picked up small amounts of volcanic activity, but you shouldn't worry about that...

Dificulty: medium-hard

Download link

Instal: Use folder in .zip file. take the .txt file out of that folder and replace all that text with whatever level you want to replace my map with and PLAY!

EDIT: after some testing the only glitch is after you teleport 2 new guys the game shuts down.

• Like 1

EDIT: after some testing the only glitch is after you teleport 2 new guys the game shuts down.

Wouldn't that kinda make the level unplayable?

Wouldn't that kinda make the level unplayable?

You start the game with 3 RR and a Chrome Crusher, it'll take a long time but it's still playable.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

This map caught my eye as I haven't seen anything here that involves some sort of off-world exploration.  

I like the backstory and concept of the level; reading the topic made we want to give it a spin even more than I did already.

Now, on to the actual map: 
First things first, if you are playing this outside of a saved game like I usually do for custom maps, you need to edit the object list and make one of the Raiders a driver of the Chrome Crusher.  My suggestion is that this be added to the object list for a fixed version of the map (and it needs a bugfix version).

Having an oxygen coefficient for the Crusher in my mod made the map a little more intense as the air supply dwindled very quickly.  Unfortunately, because my Chrome Crusher has radar capabilities, it made avoiding the lava filled chambers very easy to do.  

Once you get to the base, it's easy to win since the crystal hoard is right there.

Since I saw some pretty wild values for the lava erosion speed, I decided to open up one of the lava chambers.  Holy crap is that lava fast.  

The real issue here is what is up with that crash problem.  I tried decompiling the npl with Cyrem's npl scripter and Ogun's scripting tool, with errors being reported in the decompilation process.  Since there wasn't a npl script source file included, I can't determine what's causing this.

Edit: Definitely the npl.  Made a new one from scratch and it works properly.

Overall, I liked the design of the map.  Without radar, it keeps you on your toes as you don't know if you're opening up a lava filled chamber or not in the maze of hard rock.

Edit 2: The lava speed should probably be reduced by a bit, unless you want to lose immediately upon opening up a lava chamber.  By a bit, I mean just reduce it enough so that it about the speed of Don't Panic, or slightly slower.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Updated post

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.