My Irc Bot

Anonymouse

So I programmed an IRC bot that spews random words it learns in conversation. Here's a small sample of one of the things it said that were closer to making sense.

23:43 < Anonybot> Looks Used Dominate Ahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Ccan Way Stupid Never Says Oh Always Dude. Certainly

It'll be running pretty much non-stop in #rru on irc.freenode.net in future, so if you want to try it out yourself, do come along.

23:48 < Anonybot> Just Worries, Lack Zack Coherence Is Made Feeding Bot. Anonybot Talk Stupid

Yay the last sentence was true!

Addictgamer

This is win!

[15:20] <Anonybot> less should so...anonybot blarg an lalaland thar yo walls let's a then life me

[15:21] <Anonybot> made ya of still then teh talk foo yo in bot s roffle

hehehe

Edit:

[15:30] <ZeeDoktorr> Mouse is a genius

[15:30] <ZeeDoktorr> Say something

[15:30] <Anonybot> has genius bot

Edit: [15:39] <Anonybot> foo like she lolz commander my anonybot programming whom pingas linus

Edit: [15:39] <Anonybot> bah sleep

Edit: [15:41] <Anonybot> entertainment racist programming

Edit: [15:42] <Anonybot> gmjab wins sentence use

Another peice of the AIV puzzle has fallen into place.

What ever you do Anon...

DON'T LET THIS THING HERE POISON YOUR BOT WITH ITS MINDLESS, INBRED, REDNECK, VEHICLE, GIBBERISH.

TMLC should not be allowed to talk to it because then we will have 2 TMLCs.

^I LOLed

Hmm...does it actually learn from looking at sentences or does it randomly post stuff in? Please do expand on this by creating a talking AI that uses a neural network. You do that, and you have the first step to a smarter AI we could use in Spring, ORR, maybe a mod for minecraft, and just plain having fun.

From what mouse said, it pulls words from the conversation to spit out later. The more a word is said, the greater the chance of the word spitting out

Yeah, that's what I thought. We need to create the RRU AI, which uses a neural network and when plugged into any program, it will learn and keep learning. We could incorporate it into spring to make the stupid "AIs" (the spring AIs actually use pre-defined base building templates) a thing of the past. We could also put it on a computer and have it learn, and see what he does when we put him on a forum. He should also be able to pull data off the internet, and if he doesn't know a word, or wants a more colorful one, he can look it up on an online dictionary/thesaurus. Teaching the bot would be like teaching a child. You'd have to take your time and not rush it or say bad things at it. Well, it's just an idea, and if anybody wants to make it, feel free to.

AIV tend two have the learning curve of a two year old, they'll get into trouble, you swear at them, they learn not to do what prompted the swear and learn how and when to swear, so you must watch your language and your actions. And hope that other AIV have not been sworn at because they share expirences and the programs that created them.

So Alpha, you are describing the human language interface of an AIV almost exactly.

The algorithm appears to be able to compile sensible sentences, though I'm not a big fan of the slang.

http://irc.freenode.net/#rru does not exist.

Imagine sticking this to a custom MineCraft mob.

Not me, I haven't been on it yet. Also, what swear word?

The F one.

TMLC: there is nothing to find, it's not like there's a link to it.

I like the idea of an RRU AI.

It can learn and become a member of RRU.

All we have to do is teach it to not like TMLC so he can't make it act stupid.

Because as we all know, if you don't like TMLC then he can't infect you.

TMLC: there is nothing to find, it's not like there's a link to it.

Applies to you too, Storm.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.