Lego Island 2?

the dude

lol username

Seeing as we have an extractor for the .bod/.bob files, and a program to convert the 3D models to .obj, I'd say the answer is a strong yes.

D8 *drools* I want... NEED TO SCAN THAT ENTIRE TOPIC AND DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!11!!!11one!!!!1one!!!!!1eleven!!!!!!eleventyandone!!!!!

REALLY???

I didn't know that!

How else do you think I got this?

lego_island_in_time_cruisers.png

I knew those were there

Its the item you can get in Ogel Island.

Theres also somthin about Slimy Slugs there.

• 4 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

The farthest I can get with the Island is importing into blender. I can't figure out how to add textures. Help?

We really need a .obj (or some other 3d format) to .msh.

REALLY???

I didn't know that!

How did you not know? You posted in that topic.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Modded Lego

Does anybody know if the program that jamesster has, can edit any other games? Because i was wondering if it could do this with any of the other LEGO games. :P

• 4 weeks later...
mumboking

Does anybody know if the program that jamesster has, can edit any other games? Because i was wondering if it could do this with any of the other LEGO games. :P

If you're talking about Unity, then no. Unity is a tool for making games, not modifying them.

Modded Lego

Then how come Jamesster used Unity to get the Lego Island game up? If it's for creating games then how did he open Lego Island?

Here is the pic:

lego_island_in_time_cruisers.png

Any help would be appriciated. :B

mumboking

He used a program to extract the game .bod/.bob files to get the mesh and textures, then used another program to convert the .msh to a .obj file.

He then imported the .obj file into Unity and added the textures.

Program download links

Modded Lego

Can you do that with any other LEGO games? :/ Or do you need different tools for the different LEGO games? :money:

Fluffy Cupcake

Different games use different formats, so no you can't use the same tools he did. But if you can figure out how to convert the format of the model to a useable format, and make a converter program for it, it is possible.

Modded Lego

ok but can you modify the Lego Island using Unity? :ilaser:

If you can have all the textures and objects I think you can modify them and save it, am i correct? :?:

oh so it's just used for prieviewing, oh well. :gasp:

Well, I guess you could could use it for that, but it's mainly for making all new video games and movies. If you just want to preview it, you're better off opening it in a 3D Modeler, seeing as they only use half the resources.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.