Power Miners Scene In Taocp

lol username

lol username

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1IuyrIBG1A

When I bought the DVD at Target and first watched this, my thoughts went something like this:

0:00 to 2:30: Hm, not too bad.

2:30 to 5:25 Wow, a Power Miners monster that actually feels like a threat? This is new!

5:25 to 6:15 OH COME ON ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING THAT IS SO INSAINLY STUPID LEGO YOU IDIOTS AAAAAAAAAAAARGHGGH-

nuclear-explosion-001.jpg

Once they get past the Power Miners scene the movie is actually pretty darn good considering it's target audience and such (aside from the sometimes lame puns that is).

But, here we have it.

Proof that little rock toilets WRECKED POWER MINERS.

Wow. That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My thoughts:

Beginning: oh great, power miners and their silly vehicles.

*he trips and falls* DERP.

*walks into crystal cave* WAT. :0

Why is he only going for the orange ones?

*trying to dislodge crystal* I SEE THAT MONSTER BACK THERE.

*monstar wakes up* Yep. Kind of a skinny guy.

"Rock Monsters, it had to be Rock Monsters* You're not Indinana Jones or Johnny Thunder. Get out.

*random fight scene* Eh, not so bad.

*BABBY* ...WAT. 8S

*gives baby back* Pfff.

*CLUTCH*. Oh hell naw. Clutch... Powers?

*rolling fields with wind turbines everywhere* What is this, Germany?

*Lego City driving* Well, it looks better than Lego Island in terms of realistic-ness. Although, Clutch should have his car taken away and given a bike. How does this guy manage to not kill everyone?

*Lego HQ* This is where it got better. I like that director guy. He's cool.

*people pop out* Ohai guise. We've got a redneck Bandit, a ninjabrain Jet, and this German guy. Certainly A-Team material.

*crazy scientist snaps together bricks and starts talking* LOL. WHY DO YOU REMIND ME OF SOMEONE? I like his hair, but it seems too big on him.

*mission* PFFF. What, Ogel causing problems again. Also, why would you put the three worst people in the same place?

*Omega* Also PFFF.

*digs through stuff* Lol.

*dives into pile of Legos* xD

*get stuck in frame* I saw that comming. Also lol extra hair.

*rest of it* Meh.

All and all, it was terribly corny and full of bad puns and references, but still kind of funny.

Edit: Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention. When the director guy said team, Disney's Atlantis came to mind. Brand new team, shiney new ship, adventure into the unknown...

Doc's pretty much summed it up. The thing that made my day was seeing AFOL on Arty's name tag, although I'm not sure if this is an intentional reference to the 'official' AFOL acronym.

Doc's pretty much summed it up. The thing that made my day was seeing AFOL on Arty's name tag, although I'm not sure if this is an intentional reference to the 'official' AFOL acronym.

*googles AFOL* ...yeah, I'm pretty sure that's an intentional reference.

That wasn't too bad a movie. Too bad there doesn't seem to be any videos of the second movie (or the third? I mean there's 2 more bad guys to catch right?).

He speaks English... exactly what I don't like. I much prefer the sounds and grunts.

Meh... first scene shows finding a bounty of crystals... gee that was hard.

Rock Monster proved to be wimp that couldn't realize that the guy left the mech then proceeded to go on a rampage while whatever his name is spends 5 minutes to think of something to build... wow easy again.

Crystal is a baby that sounds like a human baby... extremely lame.

Free crystal, WTF no effort.

All-in-all... trash can on fire rating from me. Scary? I laugh.

Gen Y rock monsters... I am disappoint.

I watched it when our power went out (2K generator FTW!) and I liked it, though the part with the rock toilet baby made me want to find a trash can that I could toss my cookies into. It could've used more lego themes (maybe a few older ones), as the castle theme that 70% of the movie took place in was getting very annoying. I didn't get to watch the end because my dad tripped over the power cable and our TV had to go 10 minutes resetting.

*Lego City driving* Well, it looks better than Lego Island in terms of realistic-ness"--

>:o SERIOUSLY??? I mean, sure LEGO Island was a little fake... BUT IT WAS/IS/ALWAYS WILL BE better than CITY in terms of pure nostaliganess.

*rolling fields with wind turbines everywhere* What is this, Germany?

Oh, LOL. We seriously need to get together and make commentary for this movie.

Still. WE NEED A SEQUEL TO CLUTCH POWERS. If they never make a sequel, I'll make my own. Who's with me???

Minifig9292

Let me just state that if we go to "war" with a power miners forum I will leave faster than you can blink.

Why do we hate the power miners? I welcomed them! I saw it as Lego trying to bring back there old lines. Sure it kinda sucked, but they reminded me of rock raiders and indirectly led me here.

• 3 weeks later...

has lego actually made a movie that did not have a cheesy plot?

Bion...Clu...The cutscenes from Lego St...ah never mind.

LEGO game/story plots may be cheesy (or the bits inbetween the plots), but I've always found them rather funny. Then again, my older brother is easily humored, so playing LEGO Star Wars with him was a lot of fun because he couldn't stop laughing.... same with watching the Robot Chicken SW parodies. :P

• 1 month later...
Devestater

In TAOF, the casle parts of the movie were retarded and were the worst part of the movie. The Power miner, Space police and, mars mission scenes could of been extanded. Overall, tooo much casle! :chief::docs::jet::axle::sparks: :bandit:

In TAOF, the casle parts of the movie were retarded and were the worst part of the movie. The Power miner, Space police and, mars mission scenes could of been extanded. Overall, tooo much casle!

I agree. The castle scene is way too long and there wasn't enough space or PM. (I thought I would see all of lego's themes >:( )

Minifig9292

In TAOF, the casle parts of the movie were retarded and were the worst part of the movie. The Power miner, Space police and, mars mission scenes could of been extanded. Overall, tooo much casle! :chief::docs::jet::axle::sparks::bandit:

Stop putting those emotes at the end of each and every post.

It's stupid as hell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.