Trophies In Lego Racers 1

lol username

JrMasterModelBuilder

It says ValueSoft and Focus.

O_O:?:

How many re-releases are there? Mine just says LEGO Media.

How many files do you get extracted from the LEGO.JAM?

JrMasterModelBuilder

5,471 with the 1.1 extractor.

Well, that's odd. I only get 5,444. And 3 of them are the .BMP files for the trophies that one would assume aren't in your's.

lol username

... Wat. :|

It's like how some versions of Stunt Rally don't have credits...

And I do have the trophies in the files BTW, I saw them when I was browsing through the extracted files.

I do recall my friend had a disk that required you to put the CD into the drive to play it. On every other disk I've used, it's otherwise, unless there's a minimal install option I'm unaware of. I also remember it had different artwork than mine (his had Rocket Racer standing to the side in front of a green background, whereas mine had the title on top in front of a blue background with the box art on the bottom). Maybe the next time I go to his house I'll check. I don't have the trophies either.

I have that exact copy. I have to have the disk in as well...

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Yeah, I also have a similar case with RR; it has that style of artwork (a black background with a character to the side), and people have told me it will run without the disk (sans the music). Mine requires it though.

I have legoking's Lego Racers disk, and from the post description above I must have his Rock Raiders disk (both run diskless with creator and loco).

Also I got 5,471 files with the extractor.

And I've never seen trophies.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I have legoking's Lego Racers disk, and from the post description above I must have his Rock Raiders disk (both run diskless with creator and loco).

Also I got 5,471 files with the extractor.

And I've never seen trophies.

This is my disk:

gallery_1828_167_146160.jpg

Like I said, I can't run the game without the disk at all.

• 4 months later...
TrussROBLOX

gallery_61_52_1588557.jpg

Better quality pic tomorrow once I get the dang focus thingy to work.

Mine is the EXACT SAME THING, execpt it came in a four pack. (LEGO island, LEGO island 2, LEGO racers, and LEGO racers 2)

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't restricted to LEGO games, or PC games in general for that matter. I remember reading that there were four releases of Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Gamecube: 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and PAL, with slight differences (1.1 fixed a few bugs that 1.0 had, and 1.2 didn't have progressive scan mode. PAL was, of course, a PAL release of version 1.1). In addition, Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, both on the Game Boy Advance, had two versions each, with various bug fixes here and there (In addition, version 1.1 of both had a fix for Ruby and Sapphire's internal clock, while the one in version 1.0 didn't work). Sonic R for PC had an archived version and a direct-load version, as well as a second direct-load release with an additional built in soundtrack for CD players.

I have got to reply to this.

I bought LEGO Racers 1 about a month ago, and I just download and installed the LEGO.JAM extractor. Well, I extracted the JAM file, and I went for a hunt for these BMPs.

I have the trophy files in my game (can't view them. Says "Invalid Image".), but I have never seen them. I have beat everyone except Basil, Gypsy Moth, and RR.

So, why haven't I seen the trophys if I have them in my game?

@Everyone that has posted pictures of their LR disc:

I am starting to ask how many copies of LR were released. Because I do not have any of the discs from the pictures. Here is mine:

img_5810.jpg

As for copy protection, as far as I know, none. There is no .icd file on my disc or my hard drive. Plus, I have a actual exe file to run the game.

EDIT: Oh, and don't need the disc to be in the computer to play the game. If that helps.

JrMasterModelBuilder

I have got to reply to this.

I bought LEGO Racers 1 about a month ago, and I just download and installed the LEGO.JAM extractor. Well, I extracted the JAM file, and I went for a hunt for these BMPs.

I have the trophy files in my game (can't view them. Says "Invalid Image".), but I have never seen them. I have beat everyone except Basil, Gypsy Moth, and RR.

So, why haven't I seen the trophys if I have them in my game?

@Everyone that has posted pictures of their LR disc:

I am starting to ask how many copies of LR were released. Because I do not have any of the discs from the pictures. Here is mine:

img_5810.jpg

As for copy protection, as far as I know, none. There is no .icd file on my disc or my hard drive. Plus, I have a actual exe file to run the game.

EDIT: Oh, and don't need the disc to be in the computer to play the game. If that helps.

All the bitmaps are invalid, as they have no headers. Sounds like your copy has no copy protection. As for why you have the filse but they don't show, other people have them as well. My guess would be they had to have changed the game to not load them (maybe it had compatibility issues?) but they didn't remove the files.

I have found a little something about this missing trophys thing on my computer.

JrMasterModelBuilder may be onto something about the game being changed. I was looking at where I installed LR1, and all the files were modified in 1999, except for the Save folder, of course. All of them except for the game exe. Mine was created on 1-12-2001.

Since I do not have the trophys, and my game exe was created in 2001, I do not have an original copy of the game. Therefore, my exe was indeed changed to take out the trophys, for some unknown reason.

HOMEWORK TIME!

Go to where you installed your copy of the game, and see when the game exe was created against when everything else was created, and post it here. That will help us figure this out a little bit more.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Both my original LEGORacers.exe and LEGORacers.icd say they were last modified "1999-07-23 21:45". Since that's the year it came out, I guess mine is original. All the files say 1999 and I do have the trophies.

Ok. I see that JrModelMasterBuilder has an original copy, but everyone else's says 2001. The weird thing is Cirevam's exe says 2001, but he has the trophies.

@Cirevam Could you perhaps post a pic of your disc? Or, could you quote someone's post who has the same disc as you? Many people posted them on Pg 2.

I just checked again, and I see that there is a file called GolDP.dll that was also made on the same day as my EXE, just at a different time. To be precise, the exe was made at 1-12-2001 at 3:53 PM, and the DLL was made at 3:46PM. Quick question: What does that DLL even do?

Well, whenever the trophies were removed, they must have done it in 2001, because 1999 was when it came out, and most everyone who has a 2001 exe do not have them.

MORE HOMEWORK!

Go back to the exe, and post the date and time it was modified. We might be able to figure out what batch the trophies were removed.

(I'm sorry if I'm getting off topic. I know this topic is about the trophies, and nobody knows why they were removed, I think the next best thing to do is to figure out when they were removed.)

I had the green disc with RR's face on the side, but I don't know where the physical disk is now. I have an ISO that I'm using but I don't remember if I made it from my disk or if I got it from somewhere else. Considering that I think I got the game around late 1999, it's probably the latter, but I really don't know.

Ok. You say that you had the green disc, and JrMasterModelBuilder has the same disc. But, his exe was created in 1999,and yours was created in 2001. That tells me that, either you got the game later than you think, you have an ISO from a different disc, or they made batches of the green LR1 disc more than once.

Could you perhaps do the more homework above? I'm trying to be mean, but it might help us a little. ;)

JrMasterModelBuilder

I just checked again, and I see that there is a file called GolDP.dll that was also made on the same day as my EXE, just at a different time. To be precise, the exe was made at 1-12-2001 at 3:53 PM, and the DLL was made at 3:46PM. Quick question: What does that DLL even do?

Based on the ascii error string I can read in the hex, it looks like it does a few thing, mostly related to file IO.

I'm trying to be mean, but it might help us a little. ;)

:|

The best I can do is try to find the disk when I go home for Thanksgiving and take a look at the files on it. My brothers might remember when we got them since they got both LR1 and LRR as birthday presents. I remember them getting the games when I was nine, so that would be 2000 or late 1999, but their birthday is in the summer so it was probably 2000.

I'm trying to be mean, but it might help us a little. ;)

:|

The best I can do is try to find the disk when I go home for Thanksgiving and take a look at the files on it. My brothers might remember when we got them since they got both LR1 and LRR as birthday presents. I remember them getting the games when I was nine, so that would be 2000 or late 1999, but their birthday is in the summer so it was probably 2000.

OOPS! I wasn't trying to be mean at all! That was a typo. Bad keyboard. Sorry. :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.