Trophies In Lego Racers 1

lol username

The disc I described to you, and what you said it is, should look like this:

Lego_Racers_CD.jpg

This is the only known design of a 1999 copy.

The 2001 copy, on the other hand, as many designs. This is mine:

img_5810.jpg

We have different copies, trust me.

you were right, my copy dosn't look like the silver one, it looks like the one with rocket racer on it.

But thats just the one i bought at bricklink, i found one a few days ago in my stuff that looks like this:

so which version is that? the 2001 one or the 1999 one?

gallery_61_52_1588557.jpg

Mr. Eight-Three-One

You seem to have forgotten to put your picture in.

Anyway, look into the game files and see when the EXE was last modified. If it says 2001, that's the version you have.

Also, as for the insane amount of disc labels on the '01 version in relation to the '99 version is explained by the '99 version's short print run. It was only in print for two years, so that's the only style of it that exists. The '01 version remains in print to this day, though, so it has had tons. If you're curious, I have the reissue by SelectSoft. I have it in my gallery somewhere, and it's shown a few pages back, so I won't bother posting it again.

good now i have both versions! I have the one with the trophies and the normal one. About the changes with the 1999 and the 2001 version of the game, the 1999 version seems to play smoother based on your car moving on the track. The 2001 version seems to play a bit more serious with the turns. Which makes it harder to turn and control your car. Also i have noticed that when you go through the portal when you get three white powerups and the green one, there is sound when you go through it. Kind of like a warping sound. The weird thing is that there is no sound when you go through the protal in the 2001 version. I don't know if this is a incompatability issue or they just left it out for no apparent reason. Not very big changes but noticeable changes none the less. Once I find more changes i'll tell you legoking. :)

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I think it's a glitch. I know exactly what you're talking about, because my friend has the '99 version and I remember his doing that. It occasionally does it on the '01 version. I'd like to get a higher end computer from the 90's and see if that's the case... I will be putting amazing video cards in my 486 computer soon, but I doubt Lego Racers would run even with that much video memory. It's a 100 MHz processor, so I doubt that's enough.

cool! :B guess what i found. I found out that if you have the LEGO.JAM file extracted the trophies show up on your licences in the game. Even if you have the 1999 version you must have the JAM file extracted to have trophies. :lol: I found this out when i transfered the game to my new computer. Since the 2001 version of the game dosn't allow you to have the LEGO.JAM file extracted and let you play, This is why you never see the trophies. They never took them out 8S , it was just a mistake or a glitch that makes them not appear when the .JAM file is not extracted. It's kinda weird becuse i thought it didn't matter if it was extracted or not. Does anybody have their .JAM arcives extracted and have the files in their directory? If so, do the trophies show up on your licence in build mode. :smug: If so try it without the .JAM extracted and see if they come up. Might be something worth researching! :af:

• 2 weeks later...
Modded Lego

Does anybody want to test this posibility that i described above. Because I tried it and it worked, please give feedback. :)

I'm not sure I'm following you. If course the trophies will appear if the jam us extracted or not. It's the code in the 1999 version that lets run without the jam and that calls the trophies. If you look at the date modified date on a jam file from the 2001 version you'll see it's dated 1999. The jam was never changed. Only the exe and that DLL was modified in the 2001 version.

It's not because the 01 can't run without the jam that we can't see the trophies. It's because the 01 version removed the code to use them. The only way to get the trophies in a 2001 version would be to get the code from the 99 version and put it in the 01 exe. But to do that you have to have 99 copy to begin with. So you might as well play with the 99 version to begin with.

Sorry is this is a little sloppy. I'm on an iPod right now and I don't have much time to think this through. Plus the fact that I'm having trouble figuring out what your saying on the count if the bad sentence structure and grammar. :P

Modded Lego

oh, but the weird thing is that it didn't show the trophies until i extracted the JAM file, i have the 1999 version but it dosn't work until it's extracted. What does that mean?

That means it installed wrong. The topic post gives pics of the trophies from someone and I'm sure they didn't have the jam extracted. And what about all those pics on ign? Their jam wasnt extracted. Something is wrong with your copy. Backup your save game and reinstall the game or go to the FAQ here and follow the tut on how to salvage an not installing game and see what happens. ;)

It's not because the 01 can't run without the jam that we can't see the trophies. It's because the 01 version removed the code to use them. The only way to get the trophies in a 2001 version would be to get the code from the 99 version and put it in the 01 exe.

Or you can play in the 99 version and put that save into your 01 version. The trophies will show up then but I don't think any more will be added if you play that save file on 01.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I actually remember another difference in the '01 version that also relates to all the other Lego games -- the '99 version included a physical printed manual, while the '01 version supplied it as a PDF file. Pretty much every Lego game rerelease has this change as well.

Modded Lego

Thats true,i have a copy of the 1999 version of the game and it includes the manual and it looks like this:

legoracers1instructionm.jpg

I really like printed manuals better because you can view them without a computer. Becasue you aren't always on the computer all the time. :)

• 4 months later...

Edit: I just found out that I have a backed up installation with a 1999 EXE. I'm positive this is from my original disk. I'll compare the save files between this one and my 2001 version, because I think I may have migrated the save file when I got my second laptop. It would be interesting if the save file is the root of the trophy disappearance.

Double edit: I just confirmed that the save files are the same. Both have trophies. The EXEs are different, but the save file originated from a 1999 EXE game.

Since Cirevam stated that the savegames are backward compatible, could anyone share their 1999-savegame so we can try and pin-point the data for the trophies?

lol username

In my experimenting, save folders I created in the 1999 game that had trophies there did not display trophies on any characters when loaded with the 2001 game. I have yet to see if 2001 save folders suddenly start displaying trophies when loaded in the 1999 game.

I'll upload my 1999 save later so you guys can experiment with it. I might have done something different to cause trophies to show up in the 2001 game.

Note to people obsessively thanking my posts: at least wait until I upload my save file before you thank this one :t

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.