Trophies In Lego Racers 1

lol username

lol username

I think we all know about the supposed "TRUCK DRIVER" cheat for LEGO Racers 1. Supposedly if you make a character named "TRUCK DRIVER" or something of the sort and beat Rocket Racer with him/her it unlocks a super duper really extremely secret car set. It's been confirmed false, the secret car set doesn't exist and beating Rocket with a character of that name does nothing. However...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=155878

Somebody debunked the cheat, and got screens along the way. But, take a look at the last one. See those trophies?

truck_driver_9.png

It looks like when you beat a circuit champ, and get a bronze/silver/gold trophy, it appears on your license when you edit the character you won them with from the build screen. Thing is, I don't have these trophies show up - I've never seen them. Yet I know they exist (see screenshot) and I know the screen isn't faked, because other people said they have them too. Wut? Does anybody on RRU have these trophies show up, or is there some bug where I can't see them?

It might be possible some copies of the game have them and others don't. Some copies of Stunt Rally have credits, others don't, so it's possible that slightly altered versions of LR1 might have been sold in different places, in which case I get to go on a hunt for one of these altered versions, which should be fun. :P I got my copy of the game in a 2-pack with LR2.

Also, take a read through this:

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=192952&view=findpost&p=6931550

JrMasterModelBuilder has seen the trophies. Yo, JMMB, could you provide a bit more info on this?

JrMasterModelBuilder

All I know about them is that the character I beat all the bosses with in circuit has all gold trophies (only that character). I assume that there is one for each of the bosses and maybe gold, silver, and bronze trophies depending on where you placed, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd winning videos.

I would be surprised if they changed it from different versions, but my copy is, I believe, an original release with SafeDisc V1 copy protection (denoted by the .icd of the same name as the game executable).

lol username

Just played through every single circuit in the game using one character. Got gold trophies on all 7. Went into build mode, clicked Edit License. Not a single trophy.

I've got the trophies as well. But you only see them when you edit the license of your racer after you beat some circuits. So yeah, what JMMB said.

lol username

But the fact that I can't see them no matter the computer makes me wonder if there's a version difference.

Wait wait wait...

This is like how in my original first rock raiders game (RIPz) you could name a raider at any level, but it had no music, even with CD. Maybe lego released different versions of their games.

It's entirely possible simple ports (like the masterpiece versions of LEGO games) create minor bugs and glitches. I see it all the time.

I remember getting Lego Racers and Rock Raiders at just about the same time, and noting the similarity in the disks' art style. They probably came in the same pack together, and I remember seeing trophies on the licenses.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Here are all the different trophies:

trophiesgold.png

trophiessilver.png

trophiesbronze.png

Gold, Silver, and Bronze. I used a hex editor to mix them up inside LEGO.JAM.

Their files in LEGO.JAM are:

GTROPHY.BMP - Gold

STROPHY.BMP - Silver

BTROPHY.BMP - Bronze

Hm, interesting. I think I remember JMMB once saying he has the original game...

I think I have the original. I came in it's own box, and I got it a really long time ago. Of course, it was a really long time ago, so I don't totally remember exactly when I got it.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Ss JMMB is working on cracking the JAM file? Or did he just find the compressed bitmaps.

Yes and no. To do this all I had to do was change the file references in the header by mixing up their names inside the jam file. That way, the name would point to a different file inside the jam file.

• 2 weeks later...
Mr. Eight-Three-One

I do recall my friend had a disk that required you to put the CD into the drive to play it. On every other disk I've used, it's otherwise, unless there's a minimal install option I'm unaware of. I also remember it had different artwork than mine (his had Rocket Racer standing to the side in front of a green background, whereas mine had the title on top in front of a blue background with the box art on the bottom). Maybe the next time I go to his house I'll check. I don't have the trophies either.

JrMasterModelBuilder

I do recall my friend had a disk that required you to put the CD into the drive to play it. On every other disk I've used, it's otherwise, unless there's a minimal install option I'm unaware of. I also remember it had different artwork than mine (his had Rocket Racer standing to the side in front of a green background, whereas mine had the title on top in front of a blue background with the box art on the bottom). Maybe the next time I go to his house I'll check. I don't have the trophies either.

Interesting! My copy required that I put the disc in (Safe Disc V1 copy protection). My copy also had the Rocket Racer on Green Background disc art. I wonder if the Rocket Racer copy has the trophies and the Blue Background version does not. What copy do you have jamesster?

JrMasterModelBuilder

gallery_1828_167_54851.jpg

Bad quality, I know.

That would be a re-release. And you say you have to have the disc in the drive?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.