Why Are They Called Rock Raiders?

aLPHA

Why are they called rock raiders? Do they raid rocks or something? Not that a rock could defend itself very well if it did get raided.

Fixed.

The rocks defend themselves on Planet U better than they do on earth.

Ahh...so true. So they raid the rocks and the rocks fight back by falling on the raiders who don't know that if a wall attacks them once, it is bound to attack them again.

Maybe if the were called Rockmonster Raiders, they would either be rock monsters that raider, or lego people that raider from rock monsters.

...they would either be rock monsters that raider, or lego people that raider from rock monsters.

How exactly do you raider something?

(Yes, I know.)

Anyways, they simply raid the caverns of rock for materials.

Besides, it's a name that has a little ring to it due to the alliteration. "Rock Raiders" sounds better than "Power Miners".

Stupid auto correct won't let me type raider.

Power miners? How do they have power? [Please Talk Properly]

Rock Raiders name makes more sense, as they actually do stuff with rocks, and mine, while power miners just play with their trash can monsters and collect brightly colored crystalline objects.

What the fail, I typed l o l and it auto corrected it to something.

If you where in a store and saw a game that said LEGO Rock Raid High Adventures Deep Underground, then would you play it?

Probably not because that game actually sounds boring.

If you were in the same situation and saw a game that said LEGO Rock Raiders High Adventures Deep Underground, then would you play that?

I would because of the sound it makes when you say it.

Guy 1: Rock Raid

Guy 2: What's a rock raid?

Guy 1: ...

Guy 1: Rock Raiders

Guy 2: What are Rock Raiders? Is it some kind of band or something?

Guy 1: Actually it is this really awesome game by LEGO.

Guy 2: Cool

The Soleutator

Consider it this way: The said "Rock Raiders" are foreign to planet U. Regardless of the reason (aka, it was their only shot at getting home alive), from the inhabitants' view, the rock raiders invaded their planet. Not only did they invade the planet, but they came with an army of mining equipment and weapons. Before anyone knew it, they were blowing down walls, killing the "monsters" (aka natives), and stealing away the main the planet's biggest food source. I don't know about you, but it sounds an awful lot like a bunch of raiders to me.

On the other hand, I have always wondered why in most missions you are not ordered to take all available energy crystals, and in fact, often only take a fraction of what is available. One possible answer is that Chief took into consideration the fact that the planet's eco-system revolves around the energy crystal, and wanted to balance his crew's survival with the survival of of the planet and its inhabitants.

So the question remains whether they were really raiders or not. If aliens came to our planet and stole half of our food, so that only 1/3rd of the population died, I think we'd be justified in calling the aliens "raiders".

The real reason probably relies in it being a catchy name.

...they would either be rock monsters that raider, or lego people that raider from rock monsters.

How exactly do you raider something?

(Yes, I know.)

Anyways, they simply raid the caverns of rock for materials.

Besides, it's a name that has a little ring to it due to the alliteration. "Rock Raiders" sounds better than "Power Miners".

Well i'll admit that RR sounds better than PM But I still like 'em both the same

Consider it this way: The said "Rock Raiders" are foreign to planet U. Regardless of the reason (aka, it was their only shot at getting home alive), from the inhabitants' view, the rock raiders invaded their planet. Not only did they invade the planet, but they came with an army of mining equipment and weapons. Before anyone knew it, they were blowing down walls, killing the "monsters" (aka natives), and stealing away the main the planet's biggest food source. I don't know about you, but it sounds an awful lot like a bunch of raiders to me.

On the other hand, I have always wondered why in most missions you are not ordered to take all available energy crystals, and in fact, often only take a fraction of what is available. One possible answer is that Chief took into consideration the fact that the planet's eco-system revolves around the energy crystal, and wanted to balance his crew's survival with the survival of of the planet and its inhabitants.

So the question remains whether they were really raiders or not. If aliens came to our planet and stole half of our food, so that only 1/3rd of the population died, I think we'd be justified in calling the aliens "raiders".

The real reason probably relies in it being a catchy name.

Okay that brings me to the question that was eating at me for a long time now

who are the Bad Guys the RR's or the RM's?

Nobody said they were bad.

All that's said is that they hinder the rock Raider's mission.

@Addict, he was asking who was the "bad guys," not why were the RM's "bad."

@RRF1, the way the LRR story is told, the RM's are the antagonists while the RR's are the protagonists. It's up to you to decide if that makes the RR/RM's bad guys or not.

@Addict, he was asking who was the "bad guys," not why were the RM's "bad."

@RRF1, the way the LRR story is told, the RM's are the antagonists while the RR's are the protagonists. It's up to you to decide if that makes the RR/RM's bad guys or not.

I think the Rock Raiders are the villans. They come in to a planet full of element people who were once civilized and still have some intelligence, they gut the planet and steal their food and kill them, and then leave. Sounds like they're alien invaders as that guy up there said.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.