Facts About Lego Rock Raiders

Cyrem

There are many little bit's of specific information about the Rock Raiders, in magazines/books that were brought out. Below I will list some facts that I've found in these magazines and books.

• The Energy Crystal's are also known as 'Brickonium'.
  • There were 2 Rock Raiders shirts and 1 mug released.
  • Bandit likes Rock and Roll.
  • Boulders weigh 2 tonne. Meaning Rock Monsters have the strength to carry over 2 tonne.
  • Planet U has five layers (from surface to core): Various elements, Granite, Power Crystals, Volcanic Rock, LEGO Ore.
  • Planet U measures 10,000 miles from the core to the surface.
  • It takes 3 power units to teleport RR's down and 6 power units for vehicles.
  • The LMS explorer only had 37 power units left after going through the wormhole. 11 are required to keep the ship powered.
  • Ice Monsters can go underwater.
  • The is another creature called the Rock Fish, no pictures are shown however.
  • Different monsters from Rock, Ice and Lava do fight each other.
  • There is a small more compact teleport platform.
  • A Rock Monster got on-board the LMS explorer when they were leaving.

More to come hopefully.

Different monsters from Rock, Ice and Lava do fight each other.

That is awesome.

We so need to put this in ORR or something.

Can't wait to hear more.

There is a small more compact teleport platform.

The mobile teleport, which is the retail toolstore. I'm thinking of making a mod called betamod which adds some things that were in beta, like the mobile teleport and tool store being separate, the canteen (no more raiders running for sandwiches at support station!), barracks and support station model is barracks, docks model re-purposed to support station (I read somewhere in a text file somewhere where it kept refraining to both barracks, and support center), tunnel transport is not teleportable, and must be found in levels. Some cosmetic changes to HUD, somehow make more than one monster spawn (I think I know how!), and possible a retexture of power paths!

There are many little bit's of specific information about the Rock Raiders, in magazines/books that were brought out. Below I will list some facts that I've found in these magazines and books.

1. There were 2 Rock Raiders shirts and 1 mug released.
  2. Planet U has five layers (from surface to core): Various elements, Granite, Power Crystals, Volcanic Rock, LEGO Ore.
  3. Planet U measures 10,000 miles from the core to the surface.
  4. The LMS explorer only had 37 power units left after going through the wormhole. 11 are required to keep the ship powered.
  5. The is another creature called the Rock Fish, no pictures are shown however.

1. Wat. I have both the shirts, but a MUG?

2. Save the Spaceship stuff. I wouldn't call the geology in that book "accurate". It may be more crystals in that one layer, but the game just mixes everything.

3. Wait, Diameter or Radius? In what book was this mentioned? Also, if it really is twice six times bigger than Earth, then it must be much less dense. So what is it made out of...

4. Just a random question for anyone: what might be the defenition of a "power unit" and can it hold over 9000 of them?

5. ...what? ._. where was THIS mentioned?

"It takes 3 power units to teleport RR's down and 6 power units for vehicles."

Idea for ORR, addict.

Also, other facts:

• Sparks has a coffee addiction
  • Axle was the "Lego Master Racer" 3 times. Making him better than that Rocket Racer noob.
  • Chief lost his arm in an accident rescuing 37 miners on pluto. He hasn't left the LMS_E since in 20 years. That means NOT ONCE.
  • Planet U once had an ancient civilization of what are now the monsters
  • Upon being "destroyed" or more correctly unstabalized and broken up, Most monsters usualy turn into smaller replication of themselves. So if this is how they reproduce, what strance society was it back then where people had to explode to have children?
  • The Rapid Rider is also called a CAT, and has been shown moving on land (most likely via treds and much slower than in water)
  • The HoverBOARD is that small flying craft in the back of the Tunnel Transport
  • The Tunnel Transport can reach speeds up to 720 MPH (possibly Mach1 on Planet U, giving it an atmosphere about 95% up to exactly as dense as Earth's)
  • Planet U orbits a red giant. Possibly linked to the catastrophy.
  • Planet U also has toxic/explosive gas pockets (idea for ORR as a trap cave)
  • The Caches we see in LRR_PC are probably monster-made as shown in Race for Survival (and all the caches appear in Monster-filled levels)
  • Slugs can range from a few feet long to bigger than the chrome crusher.
  • Giant slugs often EAT crystals instead of draining them
  • Some fans say HADU is non-canon for portraying the RRs out of character, instead of thinking that is expands the charater they had which needed to be bigger.
  • In HADU, the ship was called the HMS Explorer, possibly proving LMS is a play on "His/Her Majesties' Ship"
  • Granite Grinders can jump
  • Energy Crystals can energize ore (whatever this means)

There is a small more compact teleport platform.

The mobile teleport, which is the retail toolstore.

Sorta. It's called "a temporary teleport pad" and appears to be how they get crystals back to the LMS_E. I'll scan if I ever can.

What? Really? I must get a picture of these.

Here you are, all on Bricklink:

Mug: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=927160 (I saw one for sale last year, but it was selling for over $200)

Shirt 1: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=PR999

Shirt 2: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=tssparks

Here you are, all on Bricklink:

Mug: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=927160 (I saw one for sale last year, but it was selling for over $200)

Shirt 1: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=PR999

Shirt 2: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=tssparks

I was just searching there and I couldn't find it >:(

That mug is insanely awesome, although the shirts look a bit childish.

The Rapid Rider is also called a CAT, and has been shown moving on land (most likely via treads and much slower than in water)

I think it is called a CAT to be short for CATamaran.

And when has it been on land?

Here you are, all on Bricklink:Mug: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=927160 (I saw one for sale last year, but it was selling for over $200)Shirt 1: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=PR999Shirt 2: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=tssparks

HOLD IT

I have the first shirt

I do NOT have the Sparks Shirt.

I have a DIFFERENT LRR shirt with realistic-looking art on it.

I think it is called a CAT to be short for CATamaran.

And when has it been on land?

Herp Darp.

HADU

"It takes 3 power units to teleport RR's down and 6 power units for vehicles."

Idea for ORR, addict.

Already came up with it.

Not exactly developed this far, but ECs have power rates in ORR.

As for the rest of the topic, I'm loving the fun facts.

Wow...considering my Overhaul is meant to be the continuation of the story (some many years later) I'll be sure to add these in where I can

Bandit says he likes rock and roll in a comic from Lego Mania Magazine in 1999. The exact quote is "I like rock and roll, not rollin' rocks!" Now let's see how many of you get the pop culture reference there.

I keep hearing you say this; what source are you basing this off of?

I keep hearing you say this; what source are you basing this off of?

One of the books.

The team of Rock Raiders teleported down to the planet found ruins of what was assumed to have once been a city.

So we are assuming that the RM's are what's left of that assumed ancient civilization? (as opposed to the civilization's race went extinct)

So we are assuming that the RM's are what's left of that assumed ancient civilization? (as opposed to the civilization's race went extinct)

If I recall correctly, there was a statue of a Rock monster.

Anyway, remember, the audience was kids. Usually when the book says something as a fact, it is a fact.

And NO ONE can seem to find the temporal setting. You would think TLG would mention that some where.

Why did you say this?

What the heck is a temporal setting?

What is a TLG?

The mobile teleport, which is the retail toolstore. I'm thinking of making a mod called betamod which adds some things that were in beta, like the mobile teleport and tool store being separate, the canteen (no more raiders running for sandwiches at support station!), barracks and support station model is barracks, docks model re-purposed to support station (I read somewhere in a text file somewhere where it kept refraining to both barracks, and support center), tunnel transport is not teleportable, and must be found in levels. Some cosmetic changes to HUD, somehow make more than one monster spawn (I think I know how!), and possible a retexture of power paths!

You should definitely do this.

And NO ONE can seem to find the temporal setting. You would think TLG would mention that some where.

Why did you say this?

What is a TLG?

Another one of his stupid made up TMLC vehicle things.

Why did you say this?

What is a TLG?

Another one of his stupid made up TMLC vehicle things.

Well that explains everything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.