High-Poly Chrome Crusher Engine

karsten

Nice. I can't find any complaint!

I like how you made the engine raised instead of the flat old thing the regular chrome crusher has.

When i export it to ligtwave 5.0 it gives an error when i open the file again unsupported file type :S can someone help pls

Lightwave gives an error but i can still see the textures and model and now it works in LRR to only weird that i get such a error

Fixed and newer version is online ;)

Btw, can a mod approve the download pls?

And if someone knows why the roof of the "Disc" are invisible (the 8 gray blocks on top) pls tell me so i can fix that.

You can "update" your original upload with the new version and do so without needing mod approval. ;)

I sees my teleport pad! :af:

Nice work. I would say that it has quite a few polygons, but then again, how many chrome crushers are you going to have in the level?

I approve.

Can you make the 12 cylinder upgrade next?

Yeas i will do that when i have more time ;) to morrow i got a long school day so maybe to morrow evening or teusday ;)

I sees my teleport pad! :af:

Nice work. I would say that it has quite a few polygons, but then again, how many chrome crushers are you going to have in the level?

I approve.

Lol yeah :) still need to figure out how i reduce the poligons ;)

You can "update" your original upload with the new version and do so without needing mod approval. ;)

Yeah i noticed that while uploading i removed the new download and updated the old one.

If you open up the numeric menu (hotkey = n) when you place the 'disk' (from the create tab), which the studs use, you can change the number of sides of the disk. I usually use hexagons (six sides) for all my rails, cylinders, cones, and studs, because it's not that uneven of a shape, and the smoothing of the surface (assuming you edit the surface properties correctly) makes it look nice, with a lower amount of polygons.

If you open up the numeric menu (hotkey = n) when you place the 'disk' (from the create tab), which the studs use, you can change the number of sides of the disk. I usually use hexagons (six sides) for all my rails, cylinders, cones, and studs, because it's not that uneven of a shape, and the smoothing of the surface (assuming you edit the surface properties correctly) makes it look nice, with a lower amount of polygons.

K, thx and do you know to why the little round bricks on the top of the engine are invisible in game and not in ligtwave 3d btw it are disc's in ligtwave thx.

That monster runs on a V-8? :o

Lol yeah and the upgraded version on a v12 lol

When you're in lightwave, right before you export, press "SHIFT + t". This triangulates all the polygons. LRR can only handle triangles (3-gons) and quadrangles (4-gons), and what you have there, I believe, are 24-gons.

I suggest making a save of the model (in the normal format) before you export, just so that you don't have to redo the textures every time. Editting from the normal format is much easier on loading things than the 5.X format.

When you're in lightwave, right before you export, press "SHIFT + t". This triangulates all the polygons. LRR can only handle triangles (3-gons) and quadrangles (4-gons), and what you have there, I believe, are 24-gons.

I suggest making a save of the model (in the normal format) before you export, just so that you don't have to redo the textures every time. Editting from the normal format is much easier on loading things than the 5.X format.

K, Thx for that ehh problem now LRR does not load the texture annymore :(

Fixed al the problems it now looks and runs great :)

Spoiler

k4hunk.png

Oh man, does that Chrome Crush ever look good!

Professional job bro!

Hey, can you make all the studs on the CC like the engine's studs?

As in, not some flat measly joke, but actually "popping out".

Edited by Slimy Slug

Are you planning to make High Poly parts of vehicles and leave making an entire High Poly vehicle to PWNZOR?

Or are you planning to release these in parts and put them together later?

Looks awesome by the way.

On 1/24/2011 at 5:27 PM, addictgamer said:
Spoiler

k4hunk.png

Oh man, does that Chrome Crush ever look good!

Professional job bro!

Hey, can you make all the studs on the CC like the engine's studs?

As in, not some flat measly joke, but actually "popping out".

I can do that later but first the upgraded engine of the CC

On 1/24/2011 at 5:35 PM, Sonic322 said:

Are you planning to make High Poly parts of vehicles and leave making an entire High Poly vehicle to PWNZOR?

Or are you planning to release these in parts and put them together later?

Looks awesome by the way.

PWNZOR is going to make his own models he sas but i am now only going to do smaller graphics mods

Edited by Slimy Slug

I can do that later but first the upgraded engine of the CC

Awesome! Can't wait!

But what studs do you mean the black or grey because in the real lego CC the official studs are the ones that are black and the grey is an lose other part that is official to but not for a normal stud.

i mean the "bumps" in the texture that are supposed to give a 3D effect of the little cylinders sticking out of LEGO bricks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.