Hp Ore Model

Amauros

This is based purely on the LEGO set piece. Not including the studs and triangulation, the ore model is close to having the exact same number of polys as the real thing.

Credits to Cirevam for coloring, scaling, and exporting the model properly.

gallery_514_72_141172.png

Click here to download.

The LEGO set piece had 4 studs... but I see they're not nearly as large as the holes on the mini-fig's legs... then again, the original set piece was big enough to hold the EC set piece inside of it, so really these RR's shouldn't be able to carry these if scaled that big lol.

as for the position of the ore, Cirevam changed its position... idr if it was center around the origin or the base originally...

The origin was originally at the center of the model, but the ore ends up stuck halfway in the ground then. You could lower it a little without it looking too weird, I suppose.

Yes. There's about five that would need to be changed: StandCarry, RouteCarry, TurnLeft90Carry (and Right), RouteRubbleCarry. The names aren't exact but you know which ones I'm talking about. I think the null you would have to move is item_null, but that too is fairly obvious.

Looks very nice, other than the minor scale difference. However, the original ore model wasn't all even and squared-off like that; it was a bunch of different shapes put together. It was also rounder, and a bit shorter.

Sorry for nitpicking, I just happen to have my Rapid Rider right next to me at the moment.

the original ore model wasn't all even and squared-off like that; it was a bunch of different shapes put together. It was also rounder, and a bit shorter.

Compare what I made with this:

gallery_514_72_44171.png

These have 8 distinct longitudinal sides, 5 distinct latitudinal sides, and a top and bottom side... then of course 4 studs.

the original ore model wasn't all even and squared-off like that; it was a bunch of different shapes put together. It was also rounder, and a bit shorter.

Compare what I made with this:

gallery_514_72_44171.png

These have 8 distinct longitudinal sides, 5 distinct latitudinal sides, and a top and bottom side... then of course 4 studs.

That's not a very good reference. I have one next to me right now, and the sides are not longitudinal. I can't take a picture, though.

I do like what you have made, though, so don't think I'm flaming or something.

The real ore piece and the ones on the Rewards screen are completely different. The studs are even rotated 45 degrees on the latter. Besides, for something small like ore in a game where the main camera is fifty feet above the ground, little details don't matter that much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.