Sonic Blaster Explosion Crashes Game

Glisp

For some reason, the Sonic Blaster's explosion is crashing my game. Tried using it twice in the tutorial mission. (been years since I played, so I thought I'd relearn some stuff) Both times, the game crashed. Dunno what's wrong. Anybody else having this problem? I'm using Windows 7 so I'm not 100% sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

You're computer is a slimy slug.

He he he

What are the specs of your "slimy slug" machine? Does it have a multi core GPU? because that's what seems to crash LRR on newer computers.

I haven't had this issue, but I know a lot who have. Alternativley, a lot of those who don't have nuclear sonic blasters have nuclear lasers/slugs (they don't crash but they drain all crystals imediataly).

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 1/17/2011, 21:08:05

Machine name: JUSTIN-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: Compaq Presario CQ60 Notebook PC

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz, ~2.2GHz

Memory: 3072MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3004MB RAM

Page File: 1580MB used, 4423MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: None

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

I doubt it has to do with my specs. Everything else in the game runs fine and at optimal speed. It only seems to be the Sonic Blaster causing the issue. It does the count down, then crashes at the explosion.

I doubt it has to do with my specs. Everything else in the game runs fine and at optimal speed. It only seems to be the Sonic Blaster causing the issue. It does the count down, then crashes at the explosion.

That is exactly what happens to some people. And they may test it on different computers and some always do it and some never do. So it's possibly specs or something.

That is exactly what happens to some people. And they may test it on different computers and some always do it and some never do. So it's possibly specs or something.

Hmm.... Looks like I'll have to figure out another way to handle Slimy Slugs.....

This is just one of those glitches that happen once in a while. Not too much you can do about it. A way to deal with slugs is to build a building around the hole and turn the building off. This effectively traps the slug and renders them harmless.

I know what the problem is, i had the same issue you need to have your if you move the LRR to another folder the game will crash if you plant dynamite or sonic blasters.

You need to make sure that al the filles are in this folder.

C:\Program Files\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders

I know what the problem is, i had the same issue you need to have your if you move the LRR to another folder the game will crash if you plant dynamite or sonic blasters.

You need to make sure that al the filles are in this folder.

C:\Program Files\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders

As far as I know I haven't moved anything. The directory's still the same. Dynamite explosions work just fine. Its just the Sonic Blaster that seems to be the problem.

I'm using Directx 11. God, how I wish it was 12 years ago again. Back when almost everyone used Windows 98. God I miss those times. *drools nostalgically*

Personally, I think that we need to make a new more compatible game engine for the game using the game's assets. I'd love to see somebody do that project. However, I cannot. I have other things I need to do, such as a fangame for another non-Lego franchise.

I wish I was back in the golden age of the personal computer, and had a huge vault full of money.

I had this happen to me when too many processes were running. Try shutting off any unnecessary programs that might be running.

I wish I was back in the golden age of the personal computer, and had a huge vault full of money.

I had this happen to me when too many processes were running. Try shutting off any unnecessary programs that might be running.

Tried that. Didn't do anything.

I've had this problem before. It only happened in Air Raiders though.

How'd I solve it? Don't know. It just stopped by itself a month or two later, if I recall correctly.

Did you try Baz's mod? Do sonic blasters still crash for your?

Did you try my overhaul's alpha? Do sonic blasters still crash for you?

I've had this problem before. It only happened in Air Raiders though.

How'd I solve it? Don't know. It just stopped by itself a month or two later, if I recall correctly.

Did you try Baz's mod? Do sonic blasters still crash for your?

Did you try my overhaul's alpha? Do sonic blasters still crash for you?

I'm just playing Plain Vanilla Rock Raiders. No mods other than changing Redbook track number and making the Tunnel Transport playable. I wanted to beat the game first before I modded anything else. Really, I managed to just barely withstand Slimy Slugs. Really, the most annoying thing for me now, is bats. I read that the Sonic Blaster scares them and they're annoying me. I'm playing the last lava world level.... oh, what's it called again.... it has the Sleeping Lava Monsters in it and crap loads of bats. Which ever one that is. Other than that and Rocky Horror, I've pretty much beaten the game. Those bats are problematic in that level though.

Ok, lets try something different Gisp. It's a long shot, but if it works you'll be laughing.

Some game crashes are caused by texture memory, this game has a limited amount and when it is used up, it crashes.

To do this you'll need the WAD Tool as you have to make a change to Lego.cfg in the LegoRR1.wad file. Also make sure you backup your WAD file first.

This topic covers it:

After you make the change remember to rebuild you WAD file with the WAD Tool.

The other possibility is that the crash may have something to do with sound... which I can't really help you with. You could possibly disable the line to the sound file...

Ok, lets try something different Gisp. It's a long shot, but if it works you'll be laughing.

Some game crashes are caused by texture memory, this game has a limited amount and when it is used up, it crashes.

To do this you'll need the WAD Tool as you have to make a change to Lego.cfg in the LegoRR1.wad file. Also make sure you backup your WAD file first.

This topic covers it:

The other possibility is that the crash may have something to do with sound... which I can't really help you with. You could possibly disable the line to the sound file...

Nope. Still crashes when Sonic Blaster is used. I tried it in both Advanced and Standard modes this time. Neither one worked. The game froze, then I got a "LegoRR has stopped working and needs to close" message, just like before. The game looks nicer though. :)

This topic covers it:

Nope. Still crashes when Sonic Blaster is used. I tried it in both Advanced and Standard modes this time. Neither one worked. The game froze, then I got a "LegoRR has stopped working and needs to close" message, just like before. The game looks nicer though. :)

You tried both or just the memory one?

This topic covers it:

You tried both or just the memory one?

Just the memory one. I can't seem to locate what the Sonic Blaster's is listed under in the CFG file.

1. I'm just playing Plain Vanilla Rock Raiders.

2. No mods other than changing Redbook track number and making the Tunnel Transport playable. I wanted to beat the game first before I modded anything else. Really, I managed to just barely withstand Slimy Slugs.

3. Really, the most annoying thing for me now, is bats. I read that the Sonic Blaster scares them and they're annoying me.

4. I'm playing the last lava world level.... oh, what's it called again.... it has the Sleeping Lava Monsters in it and crap loads of bats. Which ever one that is. Other than that and Rocky Horror, I've pretty much beaten the game. Those bats are problematic in that level though.

1. I'm asking you to try them. Maybe they fix the issue.

2. Redbook track number? Do you mean number of CD tracks?

3. As for bats, I just remove "CanScare TRUE" or whatever it's called from their cfg entry. Problem solved :)

If you don't want to use that mod, then I guess you have to deal with them.

4. Back to basics? Hot stuff? I think hot stuff has the sleeping monsters, and bats. Not sure if that's the name though.

5. Yes, do give removing the sound a try. Just rename the sound file to "sonic_blaster.wav.old" or something.

Removing the sound effect didn't help. At first, I thought it did, until I got on screen with the bats. Then the game crashed again.

So it no longer crashed at the explosion? rather now it crashed when the bats appeared?

Did you disable CANSCARE like addict said?

No. The explosion still crashes the game. Though I did manage to successfully set it off once when no enemies were on screen. As soon as I tried to scare the bats with it, the game crashed. Anyway, I turned the CANSCARE option to false.

• 4 months later...

The game works fine if you run it in compability mode for Windows 98/Windows Me.

Just rightclick on the LegoRR.exe and go to properties, then go to the compability tab and check "run in compability mode". Then scroll down to "Windows 98/Windows Me" then hit apply.

Also there's a chance you might have to check the "run as administrator" box too. I don't know if it will make any difference, I just have it checked on my pc.

Had this problem on my Windows vista, but now it works fine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.