Cyrem

Preview Tool 0.4

Originally designed for myself so I can look at biomes without having to startup LRR every-time, the Preview Tool is for looking at things usually seen in LRR... out of LRR. It's meant to save time and effort when making things so you do have to rebuild and launch LRR every-time to see how something looks. Currently it only previews biomes, but I have intentions to allow it to load up LRR map files soon and who knows what that might lead to.

To load up a biome, start the program. On the menu, choose the first(only available) icon then select the folder that contains all the images of the biome. Note that it identifies the different images by the number at the end of the filename (e.g "00.bmp"). So whatever is written before that shouldn't matter. Also note that if you are missing an biome images it will show 2 errors for every missing texture and load fail, but you can continue. You will get that on the biomes such as ice because it has no lava erosion textures.

I have also included a template biome, to make it easier when making them.

Controls:

[Z]/[X] - Rotate Camera

Mouse Scroll - Zoom Camera

Screen:

iUS4l3s2endO3.jpg

Download

• Like 2

Oh lighten up CzarDoctor. I only wanted to know if such a feature existed. If not, then I'll ask if it will be implemented in a future release.

This will be very useful, but is there a way to rotate the camera? If not, no big deal.

Oh yes, I forgot to add the controls to the topic.

[Z]/[X] turns the camera

Mouse Scroll Wheel zooms the camera.

But if you don't have access to these buttons for some reason, don't worry, I will add them to the interface.

The window for the preview tool is larger than my laptop screen and I can't resize/move it.

Ah, sorry man. I can see if I can add a resolution selector.

The sheer usefulness of this program is amazing. I'd have to say that even for a concept is wins.

This will be epic. In future versions, might I suggest adding a CFG tester?

Not sure, maybe. I never really planned to put something like that in it. That said, CFG scanners are bit of a hit'n miss. It's hard to see how LRR will react to the CFG.

• 2 months later...

Well It's much smaller than my screen I'm using now.

Edit: STUPID NOTIFICATION SYSTEM! I did not mean to necro this topic, the borked notification system alerted me that someone replied in here.

• 1 month later...

Two things.

One, there's a rendering issue I have a problem with.

Two, if you try to open a biome from a folder that doesn't have one (like the default folder that comes up), the preview tool goes into a never ending loop of two error windows. I had to force termination of the program using the task manager to get out of it. I was able to replicate this loop.

P.s. I'm using vs. 0.4. If you need any other details tell me, I'll get back to you next time I have a break from work.

Anonymouse

One, there's a rendering issue I have a problem with.

Lol mipmaps. IMO: Just deactivate them completely, displaying a couple of walls is hardly going to be extremely resource-expensive. (to Cyrem mainly)

Okay about the error loop. The first window that comes up says it failed to read a file (I don't know what file it's looking for, since you only select a folder). The second says it failed to load the texture because the file is invalid. Then goes back to the first one.

Anonymouse

Okay about the error loop. The first window that comes up says it failed to read a file (I don't know what file it's looking for, since you only select a folder). The second says it failed to load the texture because the file is invalid. Then goes back to the first one.

It probably looks inside the folder for all the textures, one by one, and gives first the error that it can't read the file (various reasons are possible) then that it's invalid (it seems that the file not having been read correctly is ignored).

Of course this is just theory, but that's what I think.

Yeah but the thing is, it's looking for files in "C:\Users\My_account\" for biome textures that don't exist. It happened cause I accidentally hit enter before I selected the correct folder.

Anonymouse

Yeah but the thing is, it's looking for files in "C:\Users\My_account\" for biome textures that don't exist. It happened cause I accidentally hit enter before I selected the correct folder.

Oh. Ouch. That's a lot of error messages I guess >_>

Minifig9292

Compared to VALVe's "Hammer" mapping tool, this thing is gold.

Though that isn't saying much. >_>

It probably looks inside the folder for all the textures, one by one, and gives first the error that it can't read the file (various reasons are possible) then that it's invalid (it seems that the file not having been read correctly is ignored).

Of course this is just theory, but that's what I think.

Also note that if you are missing an biome images it will show 2 errors for every missing texture and load fail, but you can continue. You will get that on the biomes such as ice because it has no lava erosion textures.

Located in the first post.

Oh so it will only do that... 80 some odd times? Could you change it to show what it was looking for?

Or maybe you could implement an error log that shows up after every texture has been attempted to load. That way you don't have to sift through error boxes.

• 3 years later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Whatever happened to this ? I'd like to see it continued. Espesially that 'load map' feature you said was coming soon at the time of the OP post.

I saw that is says inactive... but you didn't even release the source should anyone else want to pick up where you lef

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.