Ore

Pyro

So we've all spent loads of time discussing Energy Crystals and their variation, but what about ore? We barely even know what it is.

Is it just iron ore? Fossilized Rock Monster droppings? Rockwhale eggs? Random balls of ambiguous brown stuff?

And I know they're based off the boulders with energy crystals in them, but that's not a valid answer because we can't do that.

Is has an electroluminescent component in it.

By what logic? The way it responds in the Ore Refinery?

And please spoiler-tag that massive block of code in your signature.

Ore is a generic term for raw material. We can call it iron ore, or we can say that there are various ores just like there are various crystals and call them iron ore, gold ore, silver ore, alluminum ore, etc, etc, and the reason we mine them is for construction material.

Even so, who knows what kind of material is needed for the level of technology that LRR resides in. For all we know, they need diamagnetic material such as bismuth.

Ore is a generic term for raw material. We can call it iron ore, or we can say that there are various ores just like there are various crystals and call them iron ore, gold ore, silver ore, alluminum ore, etc, etc, and the reason we mine them is for construction material.

Even so, who knows what kind of material is needed for the level of technology that LRR resides in. For all we know, they need diamagnetic material such as bismuth.

But there's only one type of ore in RR, even if you count the bigger, LEGO ore in the PSX version.

I'm aware of that. But if you want to talk scientifically about ore, then you have to make room for different types.

That's true, but the thing is there's only one type of ore. Perhaps unusual conditions on planet U cause various materials to be grouped together and compressed into rough spheres, maybe like a geode? I don't know too much about geology.

I should do more jumping jacks.

By what logic? The way it responds in the Ore Refinery?

And please spoiler-tag that massive block of code in your signature.

By the power paths lighting up upon reciving power energy.

I'm aware of that. But if you want to talk scientifically about ore, then you have to make room for different types.

Or combine them, which does happen naturally.

Tauka Usanake

I don't really understand how ore has to be a real material. It's refined into LEGO studs and we all know those are plastic, so can't we just say that all major components of the LEGO universe are plastic?

So the game is called Rock Raiders. I get that. Planets can be an exception but what if the planets also contain this universal plastic? What if plastic is their hydrogen (from the big band theory)? In fact, take away the possibility of any earthly components and instead substitude it with a form of LEGO. Molten plastic lava anyone? Liquefied LEGO sea? It's not too far out there.

I don't really understand how ore has to be a real material. It's refined into LEGO studs and we all know those are plastic, so can't we just say that all major components of the LEGO universe are plastic?So the game is called Rock Raiders. I get that. Planets can be an exception but what if the planets also contain this universal plastic? What if plastic is their hydrogen (from the big band theory)? In fact, take away the possibility of any earthly components and instead substitude it with a form of LEGO. Molten plastic lava anyone? Liquefied LEGO sea? It's not too far out there.

It's a different universe. The Plastic and Metals there may be totaly different. Really, it could be anything.

By what logic? The way it responds in the Ore Refinery?And please spoiler-tag that massive block of code in your signature.
By the power paths lighting up upon reciving power energy.

This topic is about ore, not crystals.

THEY'RE MADE OF ORE.

So is the support station, but it doesn't glow when power runs through it.

----

As for LEGO theory, calling everything plastic doesn't quite work because it would be extremely easy to just use a laser to melt all the caverns instead of drilling through the "rock." Calling the "ore" plastic also doesn't make sense because ore refers to raw metals mixed with impurities and are usually oxidized whereas plastics are made from petroleum products or from biomaterials machined out of plants.

The whole premise of the game is that the LMS Explorer has been damaged and is in need of repair. The crystals only supply power, they're not building material. That's why they needed raw material to repair the damage.

Secondly, the ore refinery processes the ore and creates studs out of them, which is what every building, vehicle, and even the LMS is made of. They don't glow when power is run through them. The powerpaths glow purely for aesthetics and as a visual aid to let the player know they have power and what buildings do/don't have power.

The powerpaths glow purely for aesthetics and as a visual aid to let the player know they have power and what buildings do/don't have power.

What player? (We're refering to this as if it were IRL)

The Power Paths glow because they conduct Power. The Buildings don't because they absorb power. Simple as that. And the Ore is REFINED into Plastic, meaning materials in it can be made into plastic, not that it is. It's still rock. Nothing on Planet U is plastic, unlike the "earth" the Lego people come from.

Ok I had a lapse of logic there. The ore is refined into plastic studs... but it still doesn't make sense to call it ore in the first place. As for the conductors, all conductors absorb power whether they're doing any real work or not (talking real life here, power-lines have a lot of resistance and require thousands of volts to overcome it, creating heat and loss of power; the same is true for circuit boards). The fact the buildings use power to do work while powerpaths use power for nothing (or to glow), does not make ore electroluminescent or else the buildings would glow with the powerpaths that are MADE of the SAME THING.

The powerpaths glow purely for aesthetics and as a visual aid to let the player know they have power and what buildings do/don't have power.

What player? (We're refering to this as if it were IRL)

I'm saying that the fact that the powerpaths glow is because of neither real life scientific-based logic nor LEGO logic. It's GAME logic. The developers put it in as a visual aid.

It could be a difference in the compsition, after all, only line on the power path glow, so the could be a small amount of refinement done by the RR.

<Goes back to fixing its inbox.>

It's made of some kind of metal/stone material that can be refined into plastic, conductors and other things.

Plastics are NOT made of METAL. Plastics are made of polymers which are are made of multiple monomers which are most commonly strings of carbon and hydrogen, i.e. NON-METALS.

It's made of some kind of metal/stone material that can be refined into plastic, conductors and other things.

Plastics are NOT made of METAL. Plastics are made of polymers which are are made of multiple monomers which are most commonly strings of carbon and hydrogen, i.e. NON-METALS.

I didn't say the plastic was made of metal. I said whatever's in the ore can be refined into plastic. No one ever said what kind of plastic. The base of the buildings could be anything, the plastic buildings themselves are teleported in.

And there's all sorts of Plastics in Lego World: Lego people/animals appear to be made from some plastic that's organic enough to be flesh.

Also, I like how you allcaps words as if you think I'm too stupid to know plastics are organic and not metal.

Lair has a good point. Lego universe is made of plastic, and contains many different plastics. Lego men are not made of flesh, but are made of plastic, as proved by some guy island saying he was made of plastic. If so many different plastics exist in lego universe , then why can't there be a conductive one? Maybe the "ore" is a conductive form of plastic, or maybe the power path glows because there is liquid energy running through it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.