Rocky Horror

Tauka Usanake

Tauka Usanake

I know how people say that this is not the hardest level in the game. For me however, I think I fell across something a little bit horrifying. :x

So I go through the game and around 10 energy crystals (but not necessary that number) all my stored crystals go blank and are sapped of energy. They spawn at the Tool Store and my air is running out rather quickly. :/ First time this happened I had migrated my base to the top left area with ore steams. Had to restart.

Second time I did this I migrated to the other side of the map in hopes of finding a recharge steam because ECs don't discharge unless there is a recharge somewhere. I found it and placed my Tool Store right next to it. As I would have, the same thing happened and it was a race to recharge the crystals and drilling to the mother load in top center. With a small digger. What I found really funny on this was 40+ crystals and about six raiders working at recharging them. I should have been recording this.

PLEASE TELL ME THIS HAS HAPPENED TO SOMEONE. I did nothing to the .cfg. Except used the data method at running the game.

Tauka Usanake

... Well, I did think that when they fired a laser the crystals did disappear but didn't think that was right. In fact the first time it happened was right when a monster appeared and I called action stations. I guess a laser was fired and then poof.

So this is a glitch. Any fix to it?

Second time I did this I migrated to the other side of the map in hopes of finding a recharge steam because ECs don't discharge unless there is a recharge somewhere.

This is incorrect. Crystals can be drained no matter where you are. Like Sonic said, it might be the laser drain glitch. This is quite common, and is easy to fix. The DischargeRate parameter can solve the problem right quick. Look below for an example.

Lazer {
SlowDeath 3.0:10.0
DefaultDamage 1.0
RechargeTime 0.01
DischargeRate 0.0

Pilot 1.0:0.6:0.3:0.2
}

Add that line to all of the lazer types in the CFG (BigLazer, SmallLazer, etc) and your problem may be solved.

What's this "Data Method" I keep hearing about?

Basically, you can remove the WAD files altogether and hold all the the files in your Data folder. It does have a small bug as described above however on some systems.

Tauka Usanake

Yeah it turns out in another level the lasers ate my crystals. I'll apply the patch now. How did LRR work without this? Were there little kids smashing their computers when this happened?

Second time I did this I migrated to the other side of the map in hopes of finding a recharge steam because ECs don't discharge unless there is a recharge somewhere.

This is incorrect. Crystals can be drained no matter where you are. Like Sonic said, it might be the laser drain glitch. This is quite common, and is easy to fix. The DischargeRate parameter can solve the problem right quick. Look below for an example.

Lazer {

SlowDeath		3.0:10.0

DefaultDamage		1.0

RechargeTime		0.01

DischargeRate		0.0

Pilot			1.0:0.6:0.3:0.2

}

Add that line to all of the lazer types in the CFG (BigLazer, SmallLazer, etc) and your problem may be solved.

Wait. Those lasers have DischargeRate. If applied to those lasers does it affect the mining lasers and such? I wouldn't mind those costing nothing but it would take away the experience.

The lazer types are weapons that are mounted by buildings and vehicles. I believe the Mining Laser uses BigLazer, so yes, the fix will make it not take crystals to fire. However, you might just try adding it to Lazer {. I think that's linked to the hand-held laser, so it won't affect the mining lasers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.