Make Rr's Swim

Leumeister

1) They walk on water...JESUS RAIDERS!!!

2) This is a really simple mod that people already know, but thanks for contributing anyway!

I wonder if there is a way to make it so that when the touch water, they go into a different movement animation, like a backstroke.

I wonder if there is a way to make it so that when the touch water, they go into a different movement animation, like a backstroke.

They use the same animation as the one for walking over rubble. I'm not sure if you can change that though.

Edit: I guess you could change the rubble walking animation and see if it changes for water too.

It would seem to me that the game points to the rubble animation for water-crossing just so the game didn't crash when one of the idiots tried to cross it. Because, as we all know, RRs weren't supposed to cross water in the game.

Soooooo

Maybe if you found out what points the RR-walking-over-water instance to the rubble animation, you could redirect it to a custom animation of the RR doing a dogpaddle or something.

Buuuuut

Since I don't know the CFG by heart, I have no idea where that would be, if it's even in the CFG at all and not hardcoded.

Edit: I guess you could change the rubble walking animation and see if it changes for water too.

I can confirm that the walk-on-rubble animation is the same as the wade-through-water animation, unless there's a RouteWater animation that I changed and didn't realize it.

What really bugs me is how there's a height change for each water tile. Some tiles are a little deeper and it takes longer to wade through them. I don't want to say that water is a modified rubble tile, but you never know.

One thing we could try is to add a RouteRubble activity to something else and make it cross both rubble and water and see if the animations are the same. This issue may just be with raiders.

I don't want to say that water is a modified rubble tile, but you never know.

But water is moving...somewhat. When we keep mentioning "Hard coded", where is this "Hard Coded" information kept? When I cracked the exe looked throught the game's files, I did not see anything that looked like it would have the scripting.

2) This is a really simple mod that people already know, but thanks for contributing anyway!

Oh okay

Back to the Drawing board

I don't want to say that water is a modified rubble tile, but you never know.

But water is moving...somewhat. When we keep mentioning "Hard coded", where is this "Hard Coded" information kept? When I cracked the exe looked throught the game's files, I did not see anything that looked like it would have the scripting.

That's the thing, .exe "scripts" arn't your typical english read lines...anything in the .exe is special code...machine code, which can run by the PC. The reason .cfg works is that is holds the the values for all the variables. Everything we say is hard-coded is a constant; it can't be changed, and as such has been converted to Machine Code (Except for Strings, may need someone else to verify that).

If you are skilled, you can do .exe modding which is illegal and difficult.

• 3 months later...
TheSmartOne

I've made IMMORTAL Raiders! Under where you added the "CrossWater" thing, Add the following:

CrossLava TRUE

No unusual crashes yet! Except for the typical crashes. Anyone know how to stop that?

EDIT: 1) YOU STOLE MY LINE!!!!

2) It is easy... very easy...

• 10 months later...

lol Jesus Raiders xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.