Blue Energy Crystals

karsten

This week i found some pictures of rock raiders in Beta in the beta version the used blue crystals.

Don't now why.

Link:

.RAR

http://rapidshare.co...R_Pics_Beta.rar

.ZIP

http://rapidshare.co...eta_Screens.zip

Today i started LRR while i was looking at the animations in the main menu i saw the animation of a small laser cutter mining a BLUE energy crystal that later a mini fig pikked up.

Link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/440265236/Blue_Crystal.png

All the fille links are uploaded by myself ;)

I've seen the PC beta shots.

Also, I've seen the PS1 Beta shots, and I can say this: Blue Energy Crystals were the original red energy crystals.

That makes way for those newfangled Purple ECs they made recently better.

I dont understand way the creators of both the rock raiders pc and ps1 game would make it so that the energy crystal has different colors when they have a greater power level. shouldent they make it so that the crystals should glow more green when they have a greater power level?

If it's a different color, it's a different kind of crystal. Maybe the same empirical formula but different lattice structures, or the same lattice structure but different empirical formulas... or even different empirical formulas and different lattice structures.

Regardless of why they're different crystals, they have different powerlevels/properties because they are different.

The context that most if not all video games use the term power levels is in terms of strength... which makes sense when you're talking about red vs green EC's. Technically speaking though, power has to do with how fast work can be done. For e.g, it takes more power to lift 10 pounds 10 feet in 10 seconds than to lift 5 pounds 5 feet in 5 seconds. Therefore, a red EC should have more horsepower (in a sense) to drive the LMS Explorer than a green crystal.

How bright a crystal is determines how much more work it can do... if it can't do anymore work, it has no energy left and no light left (black crystals).

RRCoder (Kartl White) sad that the story board was not finished when the game was being produced so the Designers of Rock Raiders (not the game) where not Finnishd with their sets and how it wood look like i think later on the decided to have green crystals.

• 2 weeks later...

The advantage of blue crystals is that they're nearly indestructible, and can be used for drills and tools. They're in Minecraft, too, but everyone calls them "diamonds" for some reason.

But seriously, it's weird that the energy crystal in the main menu scene is blue. Maybe they're used for breathing underwater, like in earlier lego sets?

The advantage of blue crystals is that they're nearly indestructible, and can be used for drills and tools. They're in Minecraft, too, but everyone calls them "diamonds" for some reason.

But seriously, it's weird that the energy crystal in the main menu scene is blue. Maybe they're used for breathing underwater, like in earlier lego sets?

no, Karl set that most of the artwork was not finished while making te game so the desingers of the sets first thought about blue crystals ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.