Upgrading The Game Models

PWNZOR

I've taken up the project of upgrading the game models. Most, if not all, of them need it; I mean, those flat planes are really crappy and annoying. I plan on upgrading every single building, tool, and making my helmets better, then move onto vehicles. If anything, the creatures and Rock Raiders will be last on my list. By far, the teleport pad is the easiest building to make, thus it is the first one completed. The electric fence is also extremely simple to complete. However, the next ones after that may take quite a bit of time to complete, and even more so to split apart.

To install, simply copy the "Data" folder within the zip, and paste it into your default LRR directory. The Data folders (and subsequent folders) will merge, and some files will be overwritten.
I also uploaded the LW9 models, and all used textures, if anyone wants to have it for any reason (maybe cinematics?)
(click the names to go to download link)

Completed:

• Teleport Pad (670 tri-gons (triangles))

gallery_23_44_24822.png

gallery_23_44_273408.png

gallery_23_44_349919.png

gallery_23_44_414068.png

• Electric Fence (275 tri-gons (triangles))

gallery_23_44_121773.png

• >Tools (I didn't get the trigon count; I think the highest was the shovel with about 180-something)
    (Also, if you have multiple raiders, paste these tools in each of their folders; not just 'pilot'.)

gallery_23_44_356386.png

• Custom [Lower] High-Polygon Rock Raiders Team
    (this is a custom Rock Raider modification; these raiders are in HP, have lowered polygon helmets, HP tools, custom textures, and no-orange elbow animations.)
    (if you just want the helmets, then use the LPHead.lwo/VLPHead.lwo file from these raiders. Each member's helmet is located in his/her respective profession)

med_gallery_23_44_121765.png

• >Support Station

med_gallery_23_44_150535.png

Mmm link is not working for me?

Got another host?

I don't use hosts. I uploaded it to this site, and a moderator just hasn't had the chance to approve my upload yet.

I see that the polys are down from whateverthousand they would have been had you made them a few months ago. *thumb up*

Yeah...I need not use LDraw. I'm not using that anymore.

Pwnzor maybe upload it on rapidshare hotfile or megaupload i wan't it so bad :)

Thx

I hate those website that make you wait, and have a premium service, and all that crap. If anything, I'll use mediafire, but I much prefer to post it on this site.

Yeah wating time's and slow downloads ar crap i got rapidshare premium my max download speed is 15mb per sec :)

Mediafire is fone to.

Yeah wating time's and slow downloads ar crap i got rapidshare premium my max download speed is 15mb per sec :)

Mediafire is fone to.

Not everyone has premium, and I still find it very annoying. I'm not going to put anyone through those annoying sites, if I can help it. I've uploaded it here. That's what I will continue to do for all my uploads, unless they are horribly large, like the videos I got off the CD, in which I'll use mediafire.

But like Cirevam said, it's approved, so you can now download it.

PWNZOR,

That certainly looks excellent in the game(especially in 3rd person view), well done!

Looking forward to when the Tool Store is remade.

And when this is all complete, I shall burn myself a copy of Rock Raiders HD(well close enough to HD as you are going to get it).

Updated, with electric fence.

And Cyrem, after I fix my previous models, the tool store was the first model I was going to work on :P

Might I ask how fast Electric Fences tend to add up?

Was this rhetorical?

Anywho, I'm sure the game can handle a significant amount of them before it crashes.

Updated, with electric fence.

And Cyrem, after I fix my previous models, the tool store was the first model I was going to work on :P

Great. Electric fence looks good.

When are you going to upgrade the vechile and buildings?

PWNZOR is working and the buildings now. He has already done two. Vehicles will be after and monsters last.

PWNZOR is working and the buildings now. He has already done two. Vehicles will be after and monsters last.

Ok, thx

Ok, thx

It takes a good bit of time to do modeling, and I don't have all the time in the world. Especially during the week. I'm working as fast as I can.

LRR will throw up if all of its allocated memory is used, I think. For the most part it's best to use a low amount of polygons so that anyone can play it. I try to stick to around 4000 for vehicles unless they're really huge, and I don't like going over 10,000 when possible.

LRR will throw up if all of its allocated memory is used, I think. For the most part it's best to use a low amount of polygons so that anyone can play it. I try to stick to around 4000 for vehicles unless they're really huge, and I don't like going over 10,000 when possible.

How can we fix that?

TextureUsage 5145728

Do that. Come on addict. Remember when someone (maybe it was you, I can't remember) made that value really high and then teleported two hundred raiders into a level?

Here is a refresher:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.