Wow People! I Am Both Stunned And Impressed!

rrcoder

If that doesn't work, play around with clglen.exe's options.

Badbadbadbadbad addict. You should know that the only thing clgen does is add a parameter to a registery entry.

... specific way specifically for LRR. ... for specific programs. specifically for LRR...

You used the word 'specific' in here four times.

Not sure why I felt like noting that.

I wanted to emphasize it for our bi-lingual friend to make sure he understood in the hopes that he doesn't screw up the rest of his computer.

Not sure why I felt like replying to that.

... specific way specifically for LRR. ... for specific programs. specifically for LRR...

You used the word 'specific' in here four times.

Not sure why I felt like noting that.

I wanted to emphasize it for our bi-lingual friend to make sure he understood in the hopes that he doesn't screw up the rest of his computer.

Not sure why I felt like replying to that.

INFINITE UNCERTAINTY LOOP.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know some more my Graphics card is not going in 3D mode high end graphics cards have more clock settings on for 2d on for desktop and one for 3d.

So ingame it is running at lower clocks.

EDIT:

Does annyone knows how to let LRR in 3D Mode?

Does anybody who worked on LRR still work where you do?

If so is there any you could talk to them and get them too come here also?

Joe, he already mentioned (maybe twice) that he has not been in touch with the other devs. I also think he mentioned some E3 type thing and that if he sees anyone he will mention it to them.

RRCoder is there anny change then you can get or have a copy of GODS Engine V1.0 (the one that's used in LRR) ?

He doesn't have the engine nor would he have the rights to give it away. Like I have said in all previous GODS engine topics.... even if we had the engine it would be useless to us.

Karl,

The information on the parameters used in the game are almost 100% except for two strange ones. Perhaps you might be able to shed some light on what -dualmouse and -debugcomplete were used for.

Thanks again.

The information on the parameters used in the game are almost 100% except for two strange ones. Perhaps you might be able to shed some light on what -dualmouse and -debugcomplete were used for.

I'm just gonna comment and say that it enables me to press escape on the lego logo and skip it.

If Karl's intentions were to sue, he would have done that right away instead of answering questions that actually help us understand the game more.

*Spits drink out hard* How did I manage to miss 11 pages of this monumental topic?

Anyway, sorry, for the late entry. Might be a little surprising to see a person in Southeast Asia playing a game you made (in which case, that would be me)

Yes, I'm currently stuck on what to say. But good job with creating the game itself :)

He doesn't have the engine nor would he have the rights to give it away. Like I have said in all previous GODS engine topics.... even if we had the engine it would be useless to us.

I guess...probably on magnetic tapes by now.

Oh! I have a magnetic tape player!

I think that lego/DDI kidnapped him because he gave out too much information :(

When was the last time he was on?

Last Active: Jan 14 2011 06:52 PM

He has been gone for 2 days.

Last Active: Jan 14 2011 06:52 PM

He has been gone for 2 days.

Don't worry, I'm still around :) Just been ridiculously busy for the past few weeks, so I haven't been able to spend too much time on here, but I'm still here :lol:

Quick Update For You: Cyrem is stuck in massive floods and may be currently KIA (We sure hope not)...anyway, good to see your still kicking

Hey, Karl; I have another question:

do you know of any way to disable the pseudotexture applied to the crystals? Every method we've tried superblacks it.

do you know of any way to disable the pseudotexture applied to the crystals? Every method we've tried superblacks it.

Is this the crystal in the 'World\Shared' folder? Or the very low poly (VLP) one in 'MiscAnims\Crystal'?

Is this the crystal in the 'World\Shared' folder? Or the very low poly (VLP) one in 'MiscAnims\Crystal'?

We're using the one in the World\Shared folder, which gets an RGB pseudotexture from the CFG.

We're using the one in the World\Shared folder, which gets an RGB pseudotexture from the CFG.

Ah, and you want to apply an actual texture map... I'll have to have a poke around with this when I get a chance. A few things to try in the meantime though... (assuming you haven't tried them already)...

- Try applying a texture map, then play with the diffuse & luminosity (try both 99% and 100%, as I seem to remember 100% being used in the code to mean something).

- Does it break if you load the crystal in Modeller, then simply save it out again? (I.e. could the problem be down to the lightwave version?)

- Try creating/applying a vertex colour map first to see if it overrides the in-game colour (not much chance of this, but its possible it was conditional on a vertex-color map existing).

This is one of those times that I really wish I had the code in front of me to check on this, since I do remember a few coded areas surrounding textures and vertex coloring.

Out friend Lair made some opaque crystals and they don't look very nice. Cirevam did make some translucent models and they work, so the game might let us attach transparency/a texture to the crystal, or not and slap a color over it anyways.

One more thing, I recall black and/or a vibrant shade or purple/magenta being used for the transparency color in some textures. Is this correct, or am I just completely crazy and schizo?

Yea, you can texture them. Just take a look at two photo's in my gallery:

Only issue was that the texture co-ordinates are funky.

I ought to clarify; I meant to use the LWO's surface properties for translucent crystals. The crystal model I edited has transparency (you can see this in my gallery, in which I replaced the ore and crystal models), but the pseudotexture overrides this. I will try using a transparency = black texture in a little while, but I would much prefer using the crystal's own surface properties.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.