Cave Raiders (Rebuild of Rock Raiders)

Packer

Yes, I've been aware of this since 2005. The only reason I'd export it into something else is that I don't know the scale of his models and there doesn't seem to be a good DTS importer anywhere, unless Shaper will work right proper.

All hail the Revenge Crew.

Thats half and hours work, gotta give me way more time to actually finish it. The Tech tree has lines that you can't see on this forum click this link. Lines basically mean pre-requirements, the numbers stand for upgrades. As for the Rock monster getting good reference is harder then it would seem, I'm currently going off of the Lego figure, LRR Case and this.

Yeah, I was aware that you hadn't finished it ;), I was just assuming that because you were posting it you wanted comments/criticism on the model up to now. And I would've said what Cirevam said but he's already said it.

And now that you've explained it, the tech tree makes sense, and seems logical :)

Good work, can't wait for a finished version ;)

Online play (Though you can kill each other)

And was this meant to say "can't kill each other"? I don't see why else you would've put "though". :P

For some reason, this reminds me of my RR:Source thing I was doing.

If you like, I can try and find all my old files. And I'll upload them if I still have them.

It's. . .

It's. . .

IT'S. . .

IT'S TOO AWESOME!

ExplodingHead.gif

Hang on a second, that interface. . . it can't be.

Blockland? This uses the same engine as Blockland?

I haven't played that game in 3-4 years.

It's. . .

It's. . .

IT'S. . .

IT'S TOO AWESOME!

ExplodingHead.gif

Hang on a second, that interface. . . it can't be.

Blockland? This uses the same engine as Blockland?

I haven't played that game in 3-4 years.

Torque 3D

Log output: http://pastebin.com/qzfPf0rP

Just a though, it might be related to me trying to use it in Wine.

The engine constantly exports shaders to its shaders folder and it seems its not able to do that. It would be because of Wine.

You should be able to edit the text out of them if you have a PDF editing program. As I'm scrolling through the pages I see the backgrounds appear before the text does, so it's not a bunch of images stringed together. There's still hope.

On-topic: I did not expect to use the jump button as the "exit vehicle" button. I resorted to killing myself every time I wanted to get out of a vehicle until I pressed Space accidentally.

I think there might have been some blank pages in the back of the book with those backgrounds. The PDF should be on the disk.

There's no pdf on my disc unless it's packed in those cabs.

Small Progress Update:

RRBot.png

It is not the finished product, I've just exported a last second throw together Rock Monster and I'm going to begin testing AI. I have also decided on a type of game mode until I get some proper stuff happening. Basically get from Base "A" to Exit "B", this combined with mining/vehicle salvaging and Monster Attacks should make a decent game mode until I get off my bum or even find a scriptor. Who knows I may even get this done by Christmas... if you're lucky.

RRBot.png

Caption:

RR: Oh hey there's an energy crystal over there!

RM: *continues standing in unposed model position*

Anyway, looking nice! Can't wait for the textured monster :D

Could I at all help making a skeleton/animating it if you haven't done so yourself yet? It's one of the areas I'd like to do some more experimenting/learning in, and if you don't mind I'd love to help.

• 3 months later...

This project is really nice if you wan't me to make models i can do that for you but i only make objects in Lightwave so i need to now what to export it to.

WOW nice you May i say it would really use the option of being able to go FPS but also keeping it so you can zoom out and control many units at once like in the org game. I would say co-op is a good idea.Have two teams with different objectives and the ability to help on another (IE pick up each other and drive them around. also share resources) have two different starting bases each in control of there own units. I can go on forever. Please let me know if you need any help. I know java , c a bit of C++ and asmb. never did any game programing but im a fast learner. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAN!

Lego got back to me and this is what they said.... (basically we want money Buy new games we will never give you something to play that is old that will not make us money. They made it sound like it is not possible to even get the source code even if they wanted to lol what bs us that. seeing how we talked to the develpoer.

Thank you for your interest in LEGO® brand toys. We are always delighted to hear from a loyal LEGO enthusiast.

We are happy to hear you were such a big fan of the Rock Raiders. Unfortunately that game has been obsolete to make room for new games and there is no way of getting that game back in any way.

Thank you again for contacting us. We wish your family many happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years to come.

Jose

LEGO Direct Consumer Services

Lego got back to me and this is what they said.... (basically we want money Buy new games we will never give you something to play that is old that will not make us money. They made it sound like it is not possible to even get the source code even if they wanted to lol what bs us that. seeing how we talked to the develpoer.

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your interest in LEGO® brand toys. We are always delighted to hear from a loyal LEGO enthusiast.

We are happy to hear you were such a big fan of the Rock Raiders. Unfortunately that game has been obsolete to make room for new games and there is no way of getting that game back in any way.

Thank you again for contacting us. We wish your family many happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years to come.

Jose

If we got all of members (including inactive) of RRU to spam Lego's tech support line, I'm pretty sure they would take this higher than the damn lower tier support people who can only answer questions as set out by standards of the company rules...I hate business.

If we get a list and send them in or we can charge 5 dollars for the game user gets all updates and etc and all founds go to LEGO. I like free but i also like smart:D (this way LEGO has motive to agree)

If we get a list and send them in or we can charge 5 dollars for the game user gets all updates and etc and all founds go to LEGO. I like free but i also like smart:D (this way LEGO has motive to agree)

Motive or no motive, LEGO will disagree. Unfortunatly for business, they are always looking at profits, and they won't take the risk of trusting a small community of modders to make their next cheap-[Please Talk Properly] game...I'll probably end up doing some sleuthing to find one of the higher-ups emails...but in the end I'm afraid it looks like we will never achieve the source code...

Dear Mike,

Jose

If Karl (rrcoder) could get some old stuff from it, it's certainly possible. All we would need is LEGO giving DDI permission to release the source code... And that requires both LEGO's and DDI's goodwill, both of which we are unlikely to obtain.

So yeah, that was an absolute lie. It is possible, it's either that they're too lazy or they don't want anyone to have it.

• lol username locked this topic