Baz's Mod (Old Topic)

Baz

THat code shows that the Chrome Crusher has a more powerful laser than the LMLC and Gunstation, sorry. MediumLaser is the Chrome Crusher.

From testing it myself, the "medium lazer" is equipped by the LMLC. Have you specifically used both the LMLC and Chrome Crusher against hard rock with the Chrome Crusher blasting through it significantly faster than the LMLC, or are you drawing these conclusions from something else?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baz

• Lair

• Anonymouse

• Matt

Testing? Seriously? The laser that a vehicle will use is defined in the AE. Unless you've changed it there, the Chrome Crusher uses the medium lazer and the LMLP uses the large one.

I'm aware of that, and it was quite frustrating when it was contradicting that in game when I tested it, because I had originally thought it was the other way around (which makes sense even with the names). Even the number values that you give for the "Wall Destroy Times" are buggy. I had one that set to 0.1 take longer than one that was set to 10, whereas one that was 10 took shorter than one that was 40. Its possible that that bug was the reason why it seemed like the LMLP was behaving like it was using the Medium Lazer as opposed to the Big Lazer. I'll do some more testing of it when I get the chance, and see if changes made to MediumLazer affect the Chrome Crusher or the LMLP. Chances are I was mistaken, but I want to make sure.

When you say one is faster than the other, are you literally going by the time it takes or are you going by the number of laser shots? Because the biglazer has an extremely long recharge time in comparison to the medium lazer, which can get 4 shots in while the biglazer gets only 1 shot in.

When you say one is faster than the other, are you literally going by the time it takes or are you going by the number of laser shots? Because the biglazer has an extremely long recharge time in comparison to the medium lazer, which can get 4 shots in while the biglazer gets only 1 shot in.

I mean by the number of shots it takes. I think the bug occurs when you turn the "Wall Destroy Time" down lower than the actual time it spends shooting the wall in a single shot(not counting the recharge time).

Let me ask something: Did you actualy change the Chrome Crusher's files or not? Otherwise, Biglazor is LMLC.

Also, I recently played Baz's Mod Rocky Horror. I think I won when I collected 351 crystals. Just pointing it out.

But thanks for the monster spawns. It really made that level a bit more of a pain >.< could use some more slugs though, I just moved my base and they left me alone.

Wait, I'm asking you to make it harder. wtf am i doing

Let me ask something: Did you actualy change the Chrome Crusher's files or not? Otherwise, Biglazor is LMLC.

Also, I recently played Baz's Mod Rocky Horror. I think I won when I collected 351 crystals. Just pointing it out.

I changed them a little bit but not the laser it used. Also thanks for pointing the 351 crystals out, was off by one in the script.

Is there actualy a recharge seam in Back to Basics? I've hunted around but have found nothing. Are you just trying to be cruel with the slugs?

Which reminds me, I began to hate you ever since I played Slimy Simple Ice Version -_-

Is there actualy a recharge seam in Back to Basics? I've hunted around but have found nothing. Are you just trying to be cruel with the slugs?

Which reminds me, I began to hate you ever since I played Slimy Simple Ice Version -_-

Back to Basics never had recharge seams.

All the levels as far as I know work now, as I've fixed the ones that didn't, but to be sure I'm doing a full playthrough since I'm not having any crash problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Review: Lake of Fire

WHile most of the levels have been much more challenging, I felt that Lake of Fire was actualy easier. All 100 Crystals were on your island, and you just needed to get a fleet of trucks to collect them. I beat it in a mere 20 minutes. It could have incorperated a bit more island hopping.

• 2 months later...

I would like to report Explosive Action for being in offense. Now that there's not just one entrance into the cavern, it becomes difficult to know exactly where to drive it. just saying, you might extend the tuto blocks, though I think you already have.

That aside...

Recruitment

A good start to the game. After I had mined out the cavern I was in, I had to do some exploration to find pathways to other caverns. The one cavern in the east corner is difficult to get to, since the only way I've figured out to use it is to build a toolstore and use dynamite form inside the room. The lava touching water was also a bit strange...

Mine over Manner

Like the first one, required some exploration. I had an annoying glitch where a Raider climbed OVER a wall, so I had to get another Tunnel Scout down.

Driller Night

Aside from being longer, it was still easy, managed to do this one in about 15 minutes.

I'd go further but I don't want to do a level you're making heavy changes to... when do you expect the v1.1 to be out?

He was responding to your question I think.

Not much changes are being made to the earlier levels in 1.1. The difficulty will be scaled up slightly for some of the changes I've made but that won't be too noticeable. The first 9 levels are meant to be somewhat introductory. I tried to scale each level as being more progressively difficult like the original game.

I've made changes to:

Water Works

Erode Works

Search 'n' Rescue

Run the Gauntlet

Fire 'n' Water

Lake of Fire

Back to Basics

Hot Stuff

Rocky Horror

And all the bonus levels.

The rest is bug fixes and game balance tweaks which are outlined here

I've been going through testing every level and am currently working on Erode Works. I expect I'll be done maybe in a month's time or so, depending on whether I get distracted on other things.

Be careful about giving Rock Raiders more tool slots! I added one to the already five and it crashed the game.

RockRaiderCadetScream.jpg Dancing Raider? How did Lair get this one?

The rock raiders extra upgrade doesnt earn them an extra tool slot, as that won't work. It instead improves they're work abilities.

• 1 month later...

Just finished revamping Don't Panic a bit. Monsters spawn and attack properly now (tons of them) chasing you through the cavern, along with the eroding lava. The side route is changed and even monsters will spawn and chase you there too, though you'll be safe from the lava. So now there is basically two ways of playing this map, both of which should require some mobile laser cutters (which now cross lava) somewhere along the line. I'm gonna try making some major changes, if not redesigning all together, fire 'n' water and lake of fire. Once that's done and all the levels are tested, this'll be released. I'd give a couple weeks to a couple months depending on how long that all takes me :3

I'll be making a new topic for the new version when I do, as most of this topic is rather outdated now.