Baz's Mod (Old Topic)

Baz

Second of all, no, I do not think we have encountered this before.

Yeeeeees we have.

There's some glitch that does that occasionally. It's like the laser drain glitch, one we can't fix. Use vehicles more is really the only to make sure you can still win a level.

What do you mean, occasionally? Like some for everyone, or always for some? I have the second.

And in certain levels, I can't get a vehicle; the rrs dissapear too soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baz

• Lair

• Anonymouse

• Matt

Final Level, but the whole thing crashes when I use a Sonic Blaster, wiped out 60 minutes work :-(

Not been around for a while will spend some time catcing up on Mods etc

I was even able to base a mod on it, it's called The Logical Step, it's in the downloads section, and it consitsts of LegoRR1.wad and the levels folder, so you need WAD Tool and if you don't already have it, Microsoft.net framework to recompile LegoRR0.wad. It also has credits, instructions, and a briefing about the changes.

I was even able to base a mod on it, it's called The Logical Step, it's in the downloads section, and it consitsts of LegoRR1.wad and the levels folder, so you need WAD Tool and if you don't already have it, Microsoft.net framework to recompile LegoRR0.wad. It also has credits, instructions, and a briefing about the changes.

How much modding has been made here? Cause I will totally gank these since Baz's Mod never installs correctly for me.

Also, you said the file was in the downloads section, but I cannot locate the file anywhere.

Edited by LordZakida

• 1 month later...

Driller Night.

There were two things that irked me about this level:

One, how close everything was to the edge of the level. While this didn't annoy me too much, I still didn't like having to adjust the angle just to see what I was doing.

Two, for some reason my raiders had some overpowering urge to jump into the lava. I lost about five raiders because they just walked straight into the lava for no darn reason. I got fed up with it and just stuck to utilizing three Trucks, two Dozers, and one small digger to get everything I needed.

As for those... isolated... crystals on this level, I KNOW what I was SUPPOSED to do to get them, but seeing as I lack the proper settings in the .cfg file, I just slashed the rock with debug keys to get them.

All in all, I liked this level, mostly for the fact that it gave me the knowlegde that I got the mod to work.

Now to fix the RR1 file. >_>

FOUND THE PROBLEM.

Line 368 in the .cfg had an extraneous backslash in the code. That's what caused the foul-up. -.-

Here's the cfg with this error fixed. With a very Baz-ish easter egg added in... ;)

Oh, Whaaaaaat theeee fuuuuuu-... really?!!? Stupid glitch CAME BACK. :RAGE:

Full list of those debug keyz, please?

Driller Night.

There were two things that irked me about this level:

One, how close everything was to the edge of the level. While this didn't annoy me too much, I still didn't like having to adjust the angle just to see what I was doing.

Two, for some reason my raiders had some overpowering urge to jump into the lava. I lost about five raiders because they just walked straight into the lava for no darn reason. I got fed up with it and just stuck to utilizing three Trucks, two Dozers, and one small digger to get everything I needed.

As for those... isolated... crystals on this level, I KNOW what I was SUPPOSED to do to get them, but seeing as I lack the proper settings in the .cfg file, I just slashed the rock with debug keys to get them.

All in all, I liked this level, mostly for the fact that it gave me the knowlegde that I got the mod to work.

Now to fix the RR1 file. >_>

FOUND THE PROBLEM.

Line 368 in the .cfg had an extraneous backslash in the code. That's what caused the foul-up. -.-

Here's the cfg with this error fixed. With a very Baz-ish easter egg added in... ;)

Oh, Whaaaaaat theeee fuuuuuu-... really?!!? Stupid glitch CAME BACK. :RAGE:

Full list of those debug keyz, please?

Why don't you look it up? The RRU wiki has all your information on LRR.

The list is on the wiki here: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/wiki/index.php?title=Debug_Keys

Also, I don't know why Cyrem won't get the Debug Keys Listing topic out of the holding yard. I'm not going to touch it, but I am going to question his rationale.

Maybe he thinks there are still keys to be discovered. I think a bit of investigation may be needed in the area of multiple debug keys at once, I.E. shift+num7 for example.

• 2 weeks later...

Baz's Mod was never uploaded to the Downloads area. It was uploaded to RRU once, yes, but before the downloads system.

If the filefront download is broken I have the download backed up on my computer.

Yes, Baz's Mod wasn't uploaded to the current downloaded centre, only originally to Filefront by Baz, and then mirrored to the old RRU uploader by Cyrem.

However, Ogun also uploaded a mirror here: http://ogun.org/legorr/baz/RRUBazsMod.zip

But I agree, Cyrem/Baz himself should upload to the current download centre (if the upload size limit is avoided).

hmm

there is a problem,

i installed the baz's mod but the LegoRR1.wad is not full it is to smal (the normal LegoRR1.wad was bigger)

maybe is the download not good becose now i cant play the game

i dont know now I have a full played game

<_<>_>>_> <_<

It doesn't matter that the legorr1.wad was bigger in the original. I bet the legorr0.wad was smaller. Just think of the wads as zip folders containing various files in each wad... we could actually use up to 10 wads if we wanted... or none at all (data method). So the size of it isn't the issue...

What happens when you try to load the game?

the game shut itself down

and when I tried to restore the (''bigger'') one...

The game worked I play but I didn't know what the tasks were

anyway he is not doing well so now i try to download and reinstall....

:D :UPDATE: :D

:P it works!!!!!! :P

• 1 month later...

Working on a new version...

This what I plan to change right now:

-Crystal Counts required to build vehicles increased for some.

-Fix typos in mission statements

-Reduce Mining Laser Damage on Monsters

-Fix Running the Gauntlet so that it is completable, also adding a crystal count requirement.

-Fix Back to Basics so that it includes more energy crystals scattered across the map. Right now the needed amount is 200 and there are only 200 on the map.

-Possible Fix for Hot Stuff to make more monster spawns.

-Fix Tunnel Transport Carrying Glitch

Things I plan to change in the future:

-Possibly new audio for mission statements and level names.

-Possibly new levels replacing Fire & Water and Water Lot of Fun

This is the first released version, 1.0, of the mod that was released on 7/29/2009 (just so there's no confusion). I do not plan on creating an updated version soon, as I have various other modding projects that I'm focusing on now, and school will be starting up again for me at the end of September, so a new version would probably not happen for a while, if at all (this is also partially due to the fact that I was having issues with unexplainable crashing upon making further changes).

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

Working on a new version...

This what I plan to change right now:

-Crystal Counts required to build vehicles increased for some.

-Fix typos in mission statements

-Reduce Mining Laser Damage on Monsters

-Fix Running the Gauntlet so that it is completable, also adding a crystal count requirement.

-Fix Back to Basics so that it includes more energy crystals scattered across the map. Right now the needed amount is 200 and there are only 200 on the map.

-Possible Fix for Hot Stuff to make more monster spawns.

Things I plan to change in the future:

-Possibly new audio for mission statements and level names.

-Possibly new levels replacing Fire & Water and Water Lot of Fun

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:43 PM

Can't wait to hear more.

You should also switch the lasers on the Large Mobile Cutter and the Chrome Crusher, so that the LMLC actualy has some use and the CC isn't overpowered.

The LMLC's laser is more powerful actually than the chrome crushers, though I could make it even stronger. The LMLC will also cost 7 crystals while the the CC costs a hefty 10. (Not to mention the fact that LMLC can cross lava)

The LMLC's laser is more powerful actually than the chrome crushers, though I could make it even stronger.

I'm not sure what you're speaking of. I just checked, and the LMLC/MiningTower lasers are not much stronger than the SMLC. THe chrome crusher can blast through hard rock very quickly though. Those two should be switched.

The LMLC's laser is more powerful actually than the chrome crushers, though I could make it even stronger.

I'm not sure what you're speaking of. I just checked, and the LMLC/MiningTower lasers are not much stronger than the SMLC. THe chrome crusher can blast through hard rock very quickly though. Those two should be switched.

The chrome crusher and gunstation have a more powerful laser than the SMLC, but less powerful than the LMLC.

BigLazer { 						;Equipped by LargeDigger and GunStation

SlowDeath		1.0:3.0

DefaultDamage	100.0

RechargeTime	120.0

WeaponRange		250.0

WallDestroyTime_Hard		40.0		; Hard Rock

WallDestroyTime_Medium		8.0		; Loose Rock

WallDestroyTime_Loose		4.0		; Dirt

DischargeRate	0.25

;			Pilot			1.0:0.6:0.3:0.2:0.1

RockMonster 		110.0

LavaMonster 		110.0

IceMonster 		110.0

Slug 			110.0

}

SmallLazer {						;Equuipped by SmallMLP

DefaultDamage	30.0

RechargeTime	70.0

WeaponRange		200.0

WallDestroyTime_Hard		40.0

WallDestroyTime_Medium		12.0

WallDestroyTime_Loose		6.0

DischargeRate	0.5

RockMonster 		110.0

LavaMonster 		110.0

IceMonster 		110.0

Slug 			110.0

}

MediumLazer {						;Equipped by LargeMLP

DefaultDamage	30.0

RechargeTime	30.0

WeaponRange		320.0

WallDestroyTime_Hard		4.0

WallDestroyTime_Medium		2.0

WallDestroyTime_Loose		1.0

DischargeRate	0.25

RockMonster 		110.0

LavaMonster 		110.0

IceMonster 		110.0

Slug 			110.0

}

GunStation {

DefaultDamage		1.0

RechargeTime		30.0

Pilot				1.0:0.6:0.3:0.2:0.1

RockMonster 		110.0

LavaMonster 		110.0

IceMonster 		110.0

Slug 			110.0

}

THat code shows that the Chrome Crusher has a more powerful laser than the LMLC and Gunstation, sorry. MediumLaser is the Chrome Crusher.