Baz's Mod (Old Topic)

Baz

The high-poly models I was thinking of adding after I've got all the level stuff worked out and tested. I'll look into using some of cyrem's biomes. I'll probably modify them a bit though to a slightly better color scheme.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baz

• Lair

• Anonymouse

• Matt

love baz's mod didnt know you were still upgrading it YEAH!

getting close to having my level sets complete just well need to make another 10 levels. :(

• 1 month later...

Hey Baz!

Have you got any news on how your going with the next release?

I'd presume a figment of our imagination, such as Baz, would probably have better things to do, and thus progress is probably slow.

Haven't made much in the last week or so since ive been getting my left 4 dead 2 campaign ready for testing. Now that that's done with though I'll try and finish this up. (Welcome to the forum btw)

I must say, very good overhaul overall but there were a few problems I encountered. Some levels had a tendency to crash and Run the Gauntlet literally could not be completed since the cavern with the base was surrounded by solid rock... I took a picture in case anyone challenges this statement.

Besides that, no real complaints. There were just slight things that annoyed me like lava placement and how many levels had lava in them. My RRs kept running through the lava... I'm not sure why... Definitely was irritating having half-dead RRs returning to base all the time. Also, put the mod to where your camera doesn't get stuck at the boarder making it difficult to operate at the boarder. Since pretty much all of your levels had you scouring the edges of the map, the camera restrictions became VERY annoying. One of the later levels was sluggish... (I should of wrote down my problems with each level as I played them). Good job though.

What I liked was how once you were introduced to a challenge, i.e. landslides, rock monsters, erosion, et cetera, it was not presented in every level after it's introduction. That gave vast diversity which made me have to prepare for anything since I couldn't predict what was in each level. The new balances in the game were great, i.e. vehicle requirements, vehicle upgrades, damage to monsters, and what not. The laser vehicles were still inaccurate against monsters (I hate shooting them... But they're so fun!) which is just a screw up on the Creators' part. The Tunnel Transport was definitely a nice instillation though it needs to allow you to select which vehicle you want to pick up... I kept having to teleport away all the small vehicles I didn't want. Even if I sent my Small Transports to the far corners and have my Tunnel Transport on top of my Small Digger, a ST would STILL get picked up before the SD. Why? I'm not sure.

If you need someone to test your new installments, I volunteer willingly. :)

The problem with run the gauntlet has been addressed. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about the camera at the corners of the level. The camera can't exceed the bounds of the map, though you can rotate around to get the right view. As for the crashing, I'm able to play all of it throughout without crashing, but I use the 16-bit windowed mode. I'd recommend using that instead of fullscreen as its much more stable. The crashing is just a problem with the game's engine, not related to the mod, though the mod may exacerbate it a bit. Also the problem with Rock Raiders is that their AI blends their paths over squares so they'll often step in lava if their going around a corner. This, in and outside of the mod can be remedied by putting a power path moving alongside the lava with one ground square in between the power path and the lava. That way the Rock Raiders use the power path instead and only step on the ground squares around it, instead of the lava.

The Tunnel Transport/Cargo Carrier can be buggy sometimes. I don't know of any way to make it capable of selecting the vehicle you want to pick it up. Usually though it picks up the one that is closest to it (though it might be confused if the small vehicle is occupying the same square as the tunnel transport).

I can't get my game to run in Windows. I do a 16 bit full screen. I asked for help on getting the game to play in Windows but no one really knew what was wrong... Hmm. Yeah, Frozen Frenzy ALWAYS freezes at the same progression in the level. I move north, discover that cave, dig walls around my base, collect everything, BOOM. Crash. I figured out the power path trick after I posted that... I had my suspicions that PPs would be the primary use of travel for the RRs, and I was right.

Thanks for the advice. If I redownload your mod, will RTG be fixed and all that? Can you add the camera boundaries mod into your overhaul as well? I won't mind adding it myself otherwise, but for people who download it in the future, I think it would be a nice and convenient mod to add in there. Also, those ignorant to modding tactics will probably not know about the camera mod and how to work all that fun stuff.

Like I said before, though. Nice job on the overhaul. Frozen Frenzy also has WAY too many monsters in it. Like... I had 4 monsters come out of one wall in the same minute. CRAZINESS. Just drives me insane always having to fight them off at the same part... But, I always win in the end. MWAHAHA! Electrical fences. :)

I'll be heading to your Bonus Missions next. Looking forward to any other mods you put out. :)

well I havent released the update yet, but yeah when it comes out you can download it and the camera problem and rtg will be fixed among other things.

• 2 weeks later...

hi i can not find the 1.5 version of baz,s mod as you can see it has been relesed as Sean here http://www.rockraidersunited.org/wiki/rockraiders/index.php?title=Baz%27s_Mod it give a link line to it but the here sing is black and not blue so if you can give me a link to it i will be happy .

• 10 months later...

Well since it seems my old topic has been lost since the forum transfer, I'll make this new one. Fortunately I put all the details of my mod, which is entitled Baz's Mod, on the wiki:

http://rockraidersun...title=Baz's_Mod

It is basically a large overhaul mod that changes all the levels of the game, and added some new ones to replace the old. I've also changed various aspects of gameplay, making it more challenging, and hopefully more fun.

This is the first released version, 1.0, of the mod that was released on 7/29/2009 (just so there's no confusion). I do not plan on creating an updated version soon, as I have various other modding projects that I'm focusing on now, and school will be starting up again for me at the end of September, so a new version would probably not happen for a while, if at all (this is also partially due to the fact that I was having issues with unexplainable crashing upon making further changes).

Leave any questions, comments, suggestions, or complaints about the mod here. (If you are having problems with the level be sure to check out the Troubleshooting/Reviews Page: http://rockraidersun...=Talk:Baz's_Mod before posting here.)

Download Link: http://www.filefront...RRUBazsMod.zip/ (32.1 MB Download, around 80MB once installed)

Hey, um, I can't Download this mod, it always says that 'this page was not found' when i go to the link. Help please

This topic was for the original beta version that I released several years ago. Might want to try looking the actual release topic:

This topic could probably be locked to avoid further confusion.