Baz's Mod (Old Topic)

Baz

The game keeps crashing on me

Have you tried reading through the previous posts to find an answer? Most people seem to have had a crashing problem at some stage, and so there's been a lot of possible solutions posted previously on this thread.

For me, it was just a simple case of running the game in standard mode.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baz

• Lair

• Anonymouse

• Matt

Hint, run the exe directly, no shortcuts.

Seems to be the only way to play rr on some pc's.

Just found this out 2 days ago.

Well, both Baz's and the normal RR work fine with shortcuts on my computer... But I had to manually create the shortcuts, of course. Do note LRR is NOT installed on my computer; I run it off a network drive.

• 3 weeks later...

Still working my way through, got to the highe levels which takes longer, so had to get a bigger longer lasting battery from work

Let you know when I have finished all the levels

Pedro

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I would give this a try, but my game freezes whenever I attempt to teleport down a new Rock Raider! D:

The music still plays, and I am unable to shut the game down...have to do it by manually hitting the power button.

Y'know...there is such a thing as task manager...anyways...the venerable Baz's mod works perfectly for me...wonder why so many other people have problems with it...

Y'know...there is such a thing as task manager...anyways...the venerable Baz's mod works perfectly for me...wonder why so many other people have problems with it...

I'm not THAT technologically inept. I know what the Task Manager is. It refuses to run. As does any other key combination I attempt. My computer is completely frozen.

EDIT: It appears to happen with regular RR as well. But it works on my desktop, so all is well now.

This thing is quite fun.

Yes I think anyone that can mod RR would know what the task manager was. It's got to be to do with the graphics card... and LRR just doesn't like some.

My apologies. I'm just used to the fact that most of the people in my life need help walking through a "script error on page" prompt :P

My apologies. I'm just used to the fact that most of the people in my life need help walking through a "script error on page" prompt :P

ugh, I know exactly how you feel. My friend is convinced that he doesn't have a virus. He obviously does (has more than one, probably)...blames it on the computer being crappy and not worth what he paid for it. If he'd just get rid of some of his extra programs (having seen his desktop, there has to be a good 50% of space taken up by things he doesn't use), defragment his hard drive and run a virus scanner that isn't Norton, he'd probably be fine. ;>_> (Though this admittedly could just be me having bad experiences with Norton. I've heard of people who do fine with it...they are few and far between, but I do hear about them)

Yes, it probably is the card onboard this laptop, which is in fact a complete piece of ****. :P

EDIT: FFFFFF A Breath of Fresh Air is hard! I know what I have to do, but even after sending my RR's STRAIGHT to the crystal stash they still run out of time/air, no matter how many/little RR's I use!

*spoilers for the level below, highlight to read comfortably*

I found the transport truck, too...still not enough time to get it up and running. e_e

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still deciding whether I should try doing an update on this...or maybe do an new one...hmm...so many things to do...

TheEPICtrainrider

I'm still deciding whether I should try doing an update on this...or maybe do an new one...hmm...so many things to do...

You could fix all the impossible-to-beat-because-of-mistakes levels.

Noooooooooooooo why do that? Impossible-to-beat levels are fun! You get to spend lots of times to beat a level only to discover that the level has one energy crystal short than the level objective!

I completed Back To Basics on bazs mode. I got 100%. Here are =200 crystals and no one more.

To complete this level you musn`t use any laser, rock monsters musn`t eat any crystal, and slugs musn`t eat any energy.

I completed Back To Basics on bazs mode. I got 100%. Here are =200 crystals and no one more.

To complete this level you musn`t use any laser, rock monsters musn`t eat any crystal, and slugs musn`t eat any energy.

Nice!

• 3 months later...

This game is fun, and hard. I hate the crashes but i must prevail. Also why so many monsters on frozen frenzy? First there is no monsters then there ia a million monsters.

• 2 months later...

Okay, I installed the mod, and first time it worked. Then I replaced the wads and did my own stuff, then reinstalled Baz's mod later. Now I have the followwing problem:

at a seemingly set point in time, all my raiders dissappear unless one is:

Resting.

In a vehicle.

Drilling.

Other than that, no probs!

Never crashed... I have tried a reinstall of the wads, but now they vanish sooner. Have you seen this before?

Second of all, no, I do not think we have encountered this before.

Yeeeeees we have.

There's some glitch that does that occasionally. It's like the laser drain glitch, one we can't fix. Use vehicles more is really the only to make sure you can still win a level.

i have a unique problem, RR doesn't work on this computer (the one i have internet access on) but it works on my old one that doesn't have internet access. would putting it on a flashdrive be safe? :?:

NO IF YOU PUT LRR ON A FLASH DRIVE A LAVA MONSTER WILL BURST THROUGH YOUR WALL AND EAT YOU

yeah you can do that, the game is pretty much standalone so you can run it straight from an external drive. It'll be a little slow, but it should work.

i have a unique problem, RR doesn't work on this computer (the one i have internet access on) but it works on my old one that doesn't have internet access. would putting it on a flashdrive be safe? :?:

I've got LRR on my flash drive and it works fine. it's a bit slower to load at first but then it runs pretty much the same as having it on a hard drive.

I've got LRR on my flash drive and it works fine. it's a bit slower to load at first but then it runs pretty much the same as having it on a hard drive.

I must concur with this statement; I run LEGO Rock Raiders off of my SD card and it's perfectly fine running.