Life of Planet U

Lair

The crystals produce energy, but what type??? If it's electric it may explain how the oxygen formed. The crystals in the water could produce an electric current that splits the hydrogen and oxygen atoms apart (known as electrolises) And creates oxygen. The Hydrogen just escapes through the rocks because it is smaller that oxygen. It makes sense and is how people make oxygen on spacecraft/submarines.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lair

• Sonic322

• Addictgamer

• Cirevam

Seamonster

I belive my theory was the one with the closest answers, (i mean closest, i dont mean that they are the right answers) It would make scense if the elemental beings where originally organic, and that planet U was where able to hold life, and remember, we dont know when U became a dead planet, it could have happend for many light years ago.

• 3 months later...
Failing@Failing

Please ignore me ignoring all posts not on page 1. I can only give answers to things I can.

How is there Oxygen? Only planets with plants have oxygen.

POSSIBILITY: Slimy Slugs are green because of Chlorophyll (did I spell that wrong?) and they eat energy crystal's because the energy crystal's energy can act as a substitute for sunlight. Thus the Slimy Slugs possibly breathe in Carbon Dioxide and breathe out oxygen. The Monsters could be controlled by germs as Shadow332 said on Page 1. The germs breathe in oxygen and breathe out Carbon Dioxide and may actually be pretty similar to us. They're only exception is their 'skin' which could be like protective scales. There are a lot of landslides (*cough* Frozen Frenzy *cough*) which MIGHT explain why you can see steam (?) when they rest in the PC game. Thus a balance is here!!! Until the Rock Raiders came and screwed up the eco-system by killing everything and going "All your oxygen and crystal are belong to us"

What do small spiders eat?

Small Spiders are too small to eat crystals. What do they eat?

The waste products of the other creatures? It's also possible they eat microscopic bacteria or super small plants.

Rockwhales

Why do they explode when they touch water?

Perhaps because their skin is comprised of some sort of reactive mineral of some sort.

Tunnels

How are there so many tunnels? Monsters and lava? They don't just carve randome tunnels in the middel of no where...

Well there's water underground and we all know water can carve many things (*cough* grand canyon *cough*) and Planet U must be very old considering it's star's age.

Please ignore me ignoring all posts not on page 1. I can only give answers to things I can.

How is there Oxygen? Only planets with plants have oxygen.

POSSIBILITY: Slimy Slugs are green because of Chlorophyll (did I spell that wrong?) and they eat energy crystal's because the energy crystal's energy can act as a substitute for sunlight. Thus the Slimy Slugs possibly breathe in Carbon Dioxide and breathe out oxygen.

But they're eating the crystal's power. There would be no reason for their skin to be green. Also animals by nature give off carbon waste, not take in. Except Slugs don't appear to eat anything else...

Animal life as we know it gives off carbon waste. I think that lifeforms that consume energy directly from a source rather than having to eat something solid and break it down to extract the energy would work much differently. Slugs might not even create waste products at all if their main method of subsistence is just sapping energy out of crystals.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, let me ask this, what is up with the coincidence that the explorer goes through a wormhole, comes out near a planet that jsut happens to have energy crystals that jsut happen to fit in the explorer's power cells and jsut happens to be mineable with the onboard equipment, does anybody else think that is a little too convinent? please ignore spelling mistakes im half blind

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.