Ui Failed

Addictgamer

How did the last system restore make your computer unusable?

How are you using it now?

Why did you have to use a system restore last time?

Perhaps there is an update to your system that can fix that problem.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addictgamer

• Sonic322

• aLPHA

• Amauros

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im having lots of problems with LRR:

Rock raiders worked fine on XP with totally no bugs.

On Win7 sounds and voice and music (everything) wont play, videos wont play, hud/interface is totally messed up and i cant move rock raiders coz they dont simply respond when i click em.

Below is the pic of the hud i took.

post-122-12675569336265_thumb.png

I think that LRR wont work here anymore.

Everything works except: parts of the HUD are invisible. I can still click where the buttons are, and pausing the game will bring up some elements, like the radar and the bar that has priorities, options and action stations, so...I guess we have different errors.

I do hear sounds. Videos do play. I can move the raiders.

Im having lots of problems with LRR:

Rock raiders worked fine on XP with totally no bugs.

On Win7 sounds and voice and music (everything) wont play, videos wont play, hud/interface is totally messed up and i cant move rock raiders coz they dont simply respond when i click em.

Below is the pic of the hud i took.

post-122-12675569336265_thumb.png

I think that LRR wont work here anymore.

Everything works except: parts of the HUD are invisible. I can still click where the buttons are, and pausing the game will bring up some elements, like the radar and the bar that has priorities, options and action stations, so...I guess we have different errors.

I do hear sounds. Videos do play. I can move the raiders.

I can swear its related to same problem. What os you have?

RR worked perfect 3 days ago.

2 Days ago it stopped working fine.

I didn't install or uninstall anything in the past week.

I didn't update/downgrade anything in the past week.

Have you changed any settings outside of LRR that might pertain to it? For e.g. I can set custom settings in my NVidia gfx card to handle LRR a specific way as opposed to the normal default settings.

About a month ago I forced antialising and antisotropic filtering to 8 and 16 respectively.

I did this around a month ago though, and RR still worked. Only 3 days ago did it stop. That means that this change is not causing this.

And I did not change anything else related to my graphics card.

You could try a system restore if you have a recent restore point.

3. Sorry, Don't want to do that. Last system restore made my computer unusable.

I've had similar experiences with System Restore and with games suddenly becoming unplayable without me doing anything. Windows Update started downloading stuff yesterday, so I wonder if this is perhaps a Windows Update screw-up. Of course, that might not be it at all, but there are around five 32-bit Win98 games on my computer that refuse to start up anymore because "durr you have a 64 bit system and 32 bit isn't compatible," which is bullbrick because I've played those exact games on this exact computer for several months after I got it. I haven't upgraded any hardware, though I did update my graphics drivers once to see if I could get Burnout Paradise to run better, and it just messed up other things instead. NFS Carbon seems to suffer from memory leaks, my graphics drivers tend to crash more if the computer gets hot, etc.

What sucks is that every new OS that Microsoft throws into the market is less compatible with older programs. What really sucks is that they seem to release a new OS every time I need/want to buy a new computer, so if you decide to buy a new computer that can also play Rock Raiders, you had better do it within the next two years. They really should have just kept XP and made it better instead of releasing Vista/7, but hey, what do I know?

You could try a system restore if you have a recent restore point.

3. Sorry, Don't want to do that. Last system restore made my computer unusable.

I've had similar experiences with System Restore and with games suddenly becoming unplayable without me doing anything.

2. Windows Update started downloading stuff yesterday, so I wonder if this is perhaps a Windows Update screw-up. Of course, that might not be it at all,

3. but there are around five 32-bit Win98 games on my computer that refuse to start up anymore because "durr you have a 64 bit system and 32 bit isn't compatible," which is bullbrick because I've played those exact games on this exact computer for several months after I got it.

4. I haven't upgraded any hardware, though I did update my graphics drivers once to see if I could get Burnout Paradise to run better, and it just messed up other things instead. NFS Carbon seems to suffer from memory leaks, my graphics drivers tend to crash more if the computer gets hot, etc.

5. What sucks is that every new OS that Microsoft throws into the market is less compatible with older programs. What really sucks is that they seem to release a new OS every time I need/want to buy a new computer, so if you decide to buy a new computer that can also play Rock Raiders, you had better do it within the next two years. They really should have just kept XP and made it better instead of releasing Vista/7, but hey, what do I know?

1. Exactly

2. Windows update never runs, I've disabled it.

3. Ya...Spring stopped working a week after I got the computer...

4. I've changed NOTHING. AT ALL.

5. It'd be better if they split Windows into two forks:

- An OS that is made to run hardware for all windows OSs between 3.1 and 7.

- An OS that starts completely from scratch and aims to be the best OS from day 1.

But hey, what do I know? I only know more than enough.

This is getting very frustrating. How am I going to work on my evilhaul and overhaul? If only RR would work on linux for me...

Looks like everything addict touches dies.

Things shouldn't just stop working. There's usually some silly reason behind it. Maybe windows did some updating behind your back. Windows is very secretive after all. I really don't know what else to tell you besides try installing the updates. That, or give up entirely and go outside and play.

This computer didn't have Any internet access the day RR died and the evening before that (Last time I tried a working RR was in the evening of the day before RR stopped working. I had no internet connection, which mean't udpates couldn't be downloaded. When I shut off the computer, there was no "installing updates" sign.

Guess I'll try installing them...

Winter = no outside.

2. Windows update never runs, I've disabled it.

Guess I'll try installing them...

That is going to take forever.

You should make sure you have the latest version of DirectX to.

You should make sure you have the latest version of DirectX to.

That's not going to help anyone play LRR lol. If anything, he needs to downgrade DX to have a better LRR experience... but either way, that shouldn't have anything to do with the problem he's experiencing.

---

Have you tried playing any other old Win98 games on your computer to see if anything else randomly screwed up? (or do you even have anything else?)

Have you tried playing any other old Win98 games on your computer to see if anything else randomly screwed up? (or do you even have anything else?)

Yep, tried all my games. Only RR stopped working.

The only other things I can think of is check your appdata for LRR content and delete it... or backup your mods and then completely delete LRR and then reinstall it. If it still doesn't work, then I would start blaming your OS/PC.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.