Aliens In Rock Raiders!

Lair

Well. Now then.

gallery_47_16_398356.png

First, look at that wierd Rock Monster. Has 4 arms, no legs, and a tail.

And then at the bottom. Take a look at those things.

What the heck are those?

They seem to be some green fellows. Rather ETX-like, but more Humanoid bodies and such.

And they're apparently friendly.

And let me remind you of this:

p11_rock_raiders.jpg

See that orange alien on the right side? (does he have one eye or is that perspective? I know there was a topic on this but I lost it)

Discuss here. I mean, Aliens helping the raiders.

The first monster kinda looks like a scorpion. That little imp things, judging from the size of his eye and mouth, only has one eye. The alien things look in the way, but the picture isn't that great and I can't really see what's going on. The vehicles in the first one are pretty much "what is this I don't even know".

In other words, picture one is crazy concept art and I will be modeling that bulldozer in the near future. The second picture is more sane, but that imp is really random.

Does anyone else get the feeling that those aliens were just added in do to their colors?

Because the colors just seem to stand out more than anything else.

What I really want to know is what is with the random red brick at the top of the first image.

They might not be aliens helping the Rock Raiders.

According to the wiki, the Insectoids were the RR's enemies, but have been removed. Since these are pretty old, they might have been created when the Insectoids thing was still around.

My hypothesis: These aliens aren't helping the RR's, they are the alleged Insectoids that were removed during beta. If you're wondering why they're so close to the the RR's, the designers probably ran out of space on the cover.

I think they are just smaller rock monsters, i mean just look at the rock raider that is behind the alien, it looks more like the alien are a prisoner and the rock raider is forcing it to move.

They might not be aliens helping the Rock Raiders.According to the wiki, the Insectoids were the RR's enemies, but have been removed. Since these are pretty old, they might have been created when the Insectoids thing was still around.

My hypothesis: These aliens aren't helping the RR's, they are the alleged Insectoids that were removed during beta. If you're wondering why they're so close to the the RR's, the designers probably ran out of space on the cover.

Exept those are not Insectoids Zoxtians those aliens. They appear to resemble the ETX from Mars Mission.

I think they are just smaller rock monsters, i mean just look at the rock raider that is behind the alien, it looks more like the alien are a prisoner and the rock raider is forcing it to move.

See above. And it looks like either they're friends with Rock Raiders, or prisoners.

I believe they are just artifacts of some sort. Robots, body armour, statues, or something along those lines.

Why? It looks like the geologists are excavating them.

Leftmost looks as if it's being carried by the raiders. Probably back to base to be studied.

Rightmost looks as if it's currently being dug out.

Hey, there's an use for the scan ground button! Discovering alien artifacts!

I wonder how the story line looked when this was made.

The rock scorpion in the first pic was probably how the scorpions were supposed to look. Not the green/purple wimps in the ps1 game.

In the second pic, the cyclops imp was probably the mischievous creature that triggered the "Too many crystals have been stolen" message.

I believe they are just artifacts of some sort. Robots, body armour, statues, or something along those lines.

Leftmost looks as if it's being carried by the raiders. Probably back to base to be studied.

The rock scorpion in the first pic was probably how the scorpions were supposed to look. Not the green/purple wimps in the ps1 game.

In the second pic, the cyclops imp was probably the mischievous creature that triggered the "Too many crystals have been stolen" message.

The problem there is that, to me, they are appearing to be walking with the raiders. Meaning they're alive and possibly friendly.

And why couldn't a Rock Monster cause the TOO MANY STOLEN CRYSTALS thing? They steal too.

The problem there is that, to me, they are appearing to be walking with the raiders. Meaning they're alive and possibly friendly.

And why couldn't a Rock Monster cause the TOO MANY STOLEN CRYSTALS thing? They steal too.

I have gotten the "Too many crystals have been stolen" message before.

The Rock Monsters got to many crystals.

I demand the level and what happened

Tauka Usanake

Those green things do somewhat resemble the Insectoids by a little. If they were though, they would not be so close to the raiders. Not even to defend against monsters in my thought. They could be some different alien life on there or, like said above, some artifacts that could be found.

That imp was probably just added on for the sake of people saying, "Oh look, that thing looks cool. I'm going to get this game." :P Marketing skills were kind of like that I think and they did work sometimes.

Those green things do somewhat resemble the Insectoids by a little.

250px-GypsyMoth.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McySZ7s8CUA

I would like everyone who thinks they resemble insectoids to take a good long look at an insectoid.

I tries to recreate it but I couldn't.

Perhaps you could make a map full of monster and you have to get 20 crystals but there are 22 crystals in the whole level.

The monsters would eat 3 of the crystals and you wouldn't be able to win so it would show you the message.

At least I think that will work.

I tries to recreate it but I couldn't.

Perhaps you could make a map full of monster and you have to get 20 crystals but there are 22 crystals in the whole level.

The monsters would eat 3 of the crystals and you wouldn't be able to win so it would show you the message.

At least I think that will work.

I demand the level name

Run the Gauntlet has almost no crystals and there is a Crystal needed number (meaning you get a 45 on the level) so I don't know if that will work...

Wasn't there a discontinued theme that had minifigs that had heads like that? I can't remember, but there was a video on youtube that I watched about the old space sets and some minifigs look EXACTLY like those "aliens" on the bottom.

TBH, they actually kind of look like mars mission aliens.

Rather ETX-like

aha, an agreement.

I've been watching old lego commercials, and I've figured out there are a lot of wierd aliens in the Lego Universe.

Also

Yeah! That's the theme I was talking about! Don't those aliens look much like the RR ones in that photo?

They look between that and... something else. I can't think what I;m thinking of.

They look like a mix of them and those strange energy crystal things. Like one of them had his head partially replaced by a space crystal, or whatever they are called.

How I see the two alien things:

gallery_3_4_192609.jpg

Yes, a sloppy job.

Anyway, they look like robots/statues/a piece of hardware...They don't look like living things. They look like something manufactured.

The one on the left looks a bit different than the one on the right.

To be honest, there is no chair there. I've stared at the image, and I cannot see any chair. Just cliffs behind him.

Also, the one on the right is a back view of the same species. And it's hollow. meaning models of the minifig were made at some point.

PFFFFFFFFFFT Lego screws lots

So why isn't anyone talking about the rest of the first picture? Like:

• The LMLC with two giant claws
  • The different style Hover Scout
  • The loader dozer has a side-mounted weapon to the right of the cockpit (or maybe some kind of exhaust system)
  • A laser-less chrome crusher with a giant cargo bucket being pushed by
  • a glorified RM with spikes on its back (looks more like a reptile than a "rock" monster)
  • a mobile base ore refinery/warehouse (above the loader dozer)
  • A drill-less (maybe?) granite grinder next to the mobile base

There's also a giant drill at the top right of the top picture that might come from a surface base... and then there's a random drill to the right of the loader dozer that doesn't seem to be attached to anything (except maybe a spider-mech? it's hard to tell what I'm looking at there).

In the second picture, I spy blue crystals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.