Spiders, Snakes and Scorpions

Lair

Read the topic please. At the beginning it clearly says that you have to edit the LEGO®.cfg to allow the game to use those creatures ingame.

Never mind. I replaced the Small Spider with the snake, the ice monster with the scorpion, and the lava monster with the spider. Works perfect. The scorpion is cool but it always attacks buildings and makes rockraiders fly into air and get stuck.

• 10 months later...

It works fore me but there is problem i think you shut change that because if you have another mod installed that uses the stats (gianthelicopter)

You need to add the scorpion snake and spider to the stats list.

Scorpion {}

Snake {}

Spider{}

Besides that great mod :)

That's what the OP (original post) said. You're supposed to make the changes to those three stats using what's in the quote boxes in the OP.

• 2 years later...

**!!! :light4::light3::light2::light1: !!!**

I made them killable! :D

I figured out how to make them die. You need to fiddle around with the .ae file for each so that they have a 'Crumble' activity. So you get something like this:

(This is for the scorpion)

Lego* {

Scale                1.0

Activities {

Activity_Stand                    Stand

Activity_Route                    Walk

Activity_Crumble                Crumble

}

Walk {

FILE        HP_Scorpwalk

TRANSCOEF    0.0

LWSFILE    TRUE

}

Stand {

FILE        HP_Scorpstand

TRANSCOEF    0.0

LWSFILE    TRUE

}

Crumble {

FILE        HP_Scorpstand

TRANSCOEF   0.0

LWSFILE     TRUE

}

}

When they reach zero health, they vanish since I told it to use its idle animation (HP_Scorpstand) as there is no dying animation.

I'm pretty sure that this also works with the Spider, and there's not much point for the Snake as it vanishes anyway when a raider steps on it.

I like the idea of invincible scorpions though... :P

EDIT: I've looked through all the MiscAnims and other various random animations, and I've found the best is smokefx.lws (It's the file for the clearing rubble dust cloud thingy) unless you want a dynamite explosion. Speaking of that, I had such fun going in Eye View and being picked up by explosions. *idea of random explosions to due... stuff that hurl your RR's a long long way away :P *

And I've a question: Does anyone know how to make the spiders spit webs? I've tried Activity_SpitWeb, but that caused a game crash. Does it need an exclamation mark (What do those even do, anyway?) or is it some other activity I need to type there? Or spiders spitting wasn't in the .exe because it was taken out?

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

Has anyone ever tried making death animations for these critters?  Kind of weird that there was all this talk about it, yet nothing was made.  At least as far as I can tell.

@aidenpons Looking at the gap between the time of your post and that of the previous comment, it is surprising nobody else posted anything about adding a crumble activity.  

Yes, I know the snake disappears when a Raider steps on one, but it would be nice if it had an animation for death.  Personally (drawing on what aiden did in his mod) I made the snakes dangerous, and quite obviously shootable.  Oh, and I turned CauseSlip off there as well.  

On a related note, has there been any attempt to make HP models for these guys?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.