Pac Tools

legomoe

I was bored, so I started fooling around with deciphering the LEGO Alpha Team .pac archives.

I've created two programs, one that can extract a .pac archive, and another that can rebuild an extracted archive.

Not sure if anybody is interested in this, but i just thought I'd post it.

Here's the like to the programs: Download / Mirror

And now for something amusing, Pepper Roni is the new Alpha Team Recruit! xD

pepperteam.png

(PS: I really suck at re-skinning models... If you cant already tell.)

• Like 1

OH HECK YES!!

Legomoe, if you didn't know this already, YOU ROCK. Now, I'm off to extract me some files. :D

Now all we need is a .jam extractor for LR1...

OH HECK YES!!

Legomoe, if you didn't know this already, YOU ROCK. Now, I'm off to extract me some files. :D

Now all we need is a .jam extractor for LR1...

Hmm, I guess I'll have to take a look at LR1 now... :)

Oh, and if you extract any of the games audio data, the .dds files are actually raw audio files. so you'll need to get hold of a program to convert them to something else. (like .wav)

I never bothered with this game simply because I could never run it and still can't. I just get the repetitive sound loop that stops you from doing anything in the game.

I never bothered with this game simply because I could never run it and still can't. I just get the repetitive sound loop that stops you from doing anything in the game.

You mean TEEVEE HERE TEEVEE HERE TEEVEE HERE TEEVEE HERE and that crap. Ugh.

Crunch and radialaboratories...Cap n Crunch and radialaboratories...Cap n Crunch and radialaboratories...Cap n Crunch and radialaboratories...Cap n

GREEN RED BRICK YOU STAY GREEN RED BRICK YOU STAY GREEN RED BRICK YOU STAY GREEN RED BRICK YOU STAY GREEN RED BRICK YOU STAY

I can't run it either. While it's fantastic that we have another game that's open to modding, it's just too incompatible with our modern systems.

Thanks for the sound glitch fix Jamsster!

And actually, modding Alpha Team wasn't really what i was thinking of when I made the tools, I just wanted to get my hands on the original textures/sound/music/etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Yay, thanks!

Now I can go mod Alpha Team in peace :D

Also, I have windows 7, and alpha team runs perfect.

I didn't need to do anything to fix the sound glitch.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Oke im doing ICT on school with computers etc i have learned about VMware its professional software to run windows virtual in windows so i will install windows 98 on VMware and install Alpha team and do some testing and file extracting :D wish me luck.

Just installed the orginal game it was dutch and i dont have the sound glitch thingie :D

• 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.