ArkAngel7777

HELP!!! :0

Just been browsing teh interwebs to find info on vista fixws for rock raiders. This has been helpful, but it doesn't work!!! I installed the dll file, set the compatilbility, and then even changed the graphics option to the alternate one. I managed to wriggle my way to the mission selection screen, when, AS soon as I selected my mission... you know the rest. Its even worse on my XP computer, but lets not get into that technological mess...

My vista computer is un-working with it, but the laptop is doing much less-unbetter. I really want an anti-break for this, so can you guys help? I wanna play rock raiders again!!! Its the first game I can remember loving, and I would love to play it on the go!

Please help!

First off, you are killing me with those unnecessary prefixes.

Second, if you can navigate through the menus but crash upon loading a mission, then it may be a display problem. Go to Control Panel\Adjust Screen Resolution and change Colors from 32-bit to 16-bit. That's what LRR runs in, so it may fix some things.

Next, if it crashes without the loading screen for the mission appearing at all, then it may have been a bad install. If you do reinstall it, INSTALL IT SOMEPLACE OTHER THAN THE C:\ DRIVE. User Account Control doesn't monitor other partitions in your hard drive, so your problems may go away if you put it somewhere else.

Heh, run as admin...

Play around with your gfx cards options.

What is your gfx card?

Do the above said bye cirevam.

Also try running in window mode.

What is your graphics card's maker and model? I would like to build some sort of list of card that incompatible.

Sadly this problem comes up all to often, especially with Vista computers. I'm afraid if nothing mentioned about works, you may be out of luck. ANother thing you could try, is on your computer running XP, dual boot Windows 7(RC1) and try the game on that. It has been said the LRR is compatible with W7. However if this is a graphics card issue, this would be pointless.

First off, you are killing me with those unnecessary prefixes.

Second, if you can navigate through the menus but crash upon loading a mission, then it may be a display problem. Go to Control Panel\Adjust Screen Resolution and change Colors from 32-bit to 16-bit. That's what LRR runs in, so it may fix some things.

Next, if it crashes without the loading screen for the mission appearing at all, then it may have been a bad install. If you do reinstall it, INSTALL IT SOMEPLACE OTHER THAN THE C:\ DRIVE. User Account Control doesn't monitor other partitions in your hard drive, so your problems may go away if you put it somewhere else.

sorry.. just my bit of fun...

Thanks, ill try that when I can.

Like now.

but im keeping it in C drive, only drive we have for that...

You can try to install it in a sub-directory of "My Documents", because you have full write permissions there.

Or you can install it on a portable drive such as a USB stick, I believe 1GB is enough. There may be issues with low data transfer rates though. This will, at worst, make LRR load and run slower.

• 2 weeks later...

you need to find the addition of the game that was reworked for xp then run as admin and get the .dll that is missing.

the one you can buy now is the reworked edition it just doesnt say it has been reworked.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.