70 members have voted

1. 1. Modified Dynamite Countdown Time

• 6 seconds
    • 7 seconds
    • 8 seconds
    • 9 seconds
    • 10 seconds
    • > 10 seconds

It dissipated, huh? I wonder if that has anything to do with the negative keyframes that I added in. It should have run for 250 frames though. I think I can fix this by shifting every keyframe forward by 250 frames, so it would start at frame 126 and end at some positive frame. I'll wait until I see other people having a similar problem before fixing it because setting a few hundred keyframes is really annoying.

The dynamite vanished into thin air when he placed it. It never blew up either. None of my rock raiders would walk near that area either due to fear of the invisible dynamite.

Okay. I'll look into extending the original Tickdown by adding frames to the end instead of to the front. If that works, then I'll shift everything forward-

Wait a second.

Son of a slug. I know exactly why it poofed away. I exported the scene in Lightwave 9. Looking at the file again, all of the negative keyframes were deleted. Man... I'll redo this later when I don't have a bunch of schoolwork to do.

REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENTS: I've decided that I'm going to make a completely different animation for the extended dynamite, with a new dynamite model. The original animation has enough nuisances to deal with, so you're getting dynamite with the numbers built into a panel on top rather than floating ghost numbers. I might even make it beep. This means less work shifting all of the keyframes ahead, which means I'll get less frustrated, which means I'll be more likely to make even more things.

That's an idea, though I think just disabling the ability to train Explosive Experts is good enough.

A new version has been uploaded. It should work now that I exported the LWS in LW7 rather than 9. I also hexcolored all of the models, so I can confirm that they are all in LW5 format.

I figured out that if you don't read the instructions I included in the ZIP file, you won't know to rename one of the Tickdown_ animations. If you don't, the dynamite will evaporate as Lair said. I added an impossible-to-miss note on the download page to help remedy future incidents. If it doesn't work and you didn't read the instructions, it's your own fault and I'm not helping you. If you did read the instructions and it doesn't work, then something else is up, so let me know if that's the case.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm trying to download the Extended Dynamite Countdown mod to fix the crash in the game but all the links for download are broken. Any other way I could get my hands on it?

The file is on the server but the permissions are wrong and I can't change them. I've updated the link in the first post and confirmed that it downloads.

• 6 months later...

I want to bring this topic back. I have problems with crashing game while using sonic generator. Maybe it also needs extended countdown or some different upgrade which would make it more useful?

What I don't get is why nobody made a perfect Japanese suit for the Kamikaze Raiders to go out with...would have been spectacular.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, i know this is an old mod.  I have never modded LRR before, but I played it as a kid and I still love this game.  Although, I am very confused.  I have no idea where to put these files (your mod) that I downloaded.  Any help?

Please actually look at the other places which might not be all that relevant, but still there's so many people asking 'help pls' and this isn't something like running the .exe through with a hex editor...

To install, copy the MiscAnims folder in the ZIP file over your MiscAnims folder, and simply overwrite the Tickdown.lws file in that folder with the new one. Compile if necessary. It is a good idea to backup Tickdown.lws before installing this in case you want to revert to the old dynamite.

You also need to extract the WADs first: This I find very helpful for it.

Though it kinda was Cirevam's fault for not making it clear to new people who don't know anything about modding RR... oh well.

It is my fault for not making it clear in the mod's instructions, but I expect users to read the stickied topics in the modding sections of the forum that tell them how to set up their game for modding. You can't install mods if you haven't made it that far, so why include it in every readme file?

• 5 years later...

I forgot about this! Well, not anymore. :P

Spoiler

large.ExtendedDyn1.png.5676a063f903d786b8bd5be55f7f4f5b.png

Full credit to Cirevam for the model, animation, and everything. I just turned it into a Cafeteria patch. He already provided all the install instructions anyway. :P

Kamikaze Raiders is not included in this, but you're welcome to tweak this patch to do so if you want (it still contains all three dynamite animations) - rename TickDown.lws to TickDown_Ten.lws or something like that, and rename TickDown_Kamikaze.lws to TickDown.lws . (You'll need to unpack the .wadp first, and re-pack it, of course)

> Download!

Feedback for Cirevam: it's very difficult to see the numbers. Consider making it a single digit display that goes 0, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, etc? Or increasing the width of the lines on the digits? It's very hard to read what time it's at, as opposed to the original LRR where they just floated into the air. :P Change of colour could also be used, starting from blue at 10 -> green at 5  -> red at 1. Anything to make the change a little more obvious.

But if you just count down ten seconds from start you should be fine as to when it explodes. :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.