70 members have voted

1. 1. Modified Dynamite Countdown Time

• 6 seconds
    • 7 seconds
    • 8 seconds
    • 9 seconds
    • 10 seconds
    • > 10 seconds

Here are two dynamite mods. The first turns Rock Raiders into suicide bombers (like the glitch that happened in my Frozen Frenzy video) and the other completely changes the model and animation which also lengthens the fuse. Scan the topic for more details.

Kamikaze Raiders: http://rrubucket.s3....ders_507385.zip

Extended Dynamite Countdown: https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/misc/extended_dynamite_countdown.zip

It appears that the explosion for dynamite is called when the Tickdown.LWS ends. I have found that lengthening the animation will lengthen the fuse, making dynamite much safer to use. If I were to do this, how long would the community want the fuse to last?

Conversely, making a one frame animation gives us Kamikaze Raiders, the ones that are the equivalent of suicide bombers. Download link below.

To install, copy the MiscAnims folder in the ZIP file over your MiscAnims folder, and simply overwrite the Tickdown.lws file in that folder with the new one. Compile if necessary. It is a good idea to backup Tickdown.lws before installing this in case you want to revert to the old dynamite.

Also, the EDC should fix the problem with stock dynamite crashing LRR, so download it if that happens to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Remembering that LRR reads in LWS files at 25 frames per second, and the original Tickdown is 125 frames long, if you wanted to add one more second you would just have to add on 25 more frames.

It doesn't use them as the dynamite explodes once it's set... honestly, I thought that was obvious for those who have seen at least my Frozen Frenzy videos, and I made it clear that the number of frames determines how long the countdown will last, but it looks like I was proved wrong. It's apparently NOT obvious and NOT intuitive given the explanation.

BOMBS

But anyway, lets get serious.

I haven't modded for a while *cough BUSY MODDING OTHER GAMES cough*, and I've gotten a bit used to this, but Cirevam still is our best modder. He should have more credit instead of everyone bugging around asking him questions that he just answered, like sonic up there.

Seriously, let him take a break or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

And change TNT to be nothing so that a raider just runs over to a wall and explodes?

Chief: Raider 1342435, go run over to that wall and explode

*raider 1342435 runs over to a wall and explodes*

Chief: I love my job

And change TNT to be nothing so that a raider just runs over to a wall and explodes?

Chief: Raider 1342435, go run over to that wall and explode

*raider 1342435 runs over to a wall and explodes*

Chief: I love my job

I second this motion. If there was a special animation for carrying dynamite, I would replace it with the scared/running one.

If there was a special animation for carrying dynamite, I would replace it with the scared/running one.

There's a special activity for placing dynamite, if that gives you any ideas. Anyways, now that I know how to make everything properly transparent in Lightwave, I could add a countdown from 10 into the extended countdown.

This entire topic made me laugh. Love the kamikaze raiders mod. And 10 seconds would be best, so any raider can escape the blast, even on rubble like Eagle said.

I second the kamikaze raiders mod. Let's dress them up like japanese pilots, and make them fly/flock around in little white planes that they crash into walls with. Lol, remodel TNT to be a japanese plane so it looks like they are actually piloting it.

I second the kamikaze raiders mod. Let's dress them up like japanese pilots, and make them fly/flock around in little white planes that they crash into walls with. Lol, remodel TNT to be a japanese plane so it looks like they are actually piloting it.

Wouldn't that mod insult Japanese people?

• 2 months later...
Addictgamer

Works perfectly. At least the kamikaze one does; I said "screw it, this one is too awesome" and didn't test the original and extended.

The kamikaze dynamite has been tested and released before. Please test the extended version before I come to your house and cut the brakes on your family's car.

Addictgamer

cut the brakes on your family's car.

I'd prefer you cut the whole thing.

Tested. The dynamite dissipated upon placement. Although, the explosion did indeed occur. I think it asploded around 3 - 5 seconds after it was placed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.