(WIP) Community Overhaul Attempt #2

theextractor

The last level should be like the 10 CAC level though: You find the final Power Miners base and must fight the unknown evils.

Of which there are many.

Also, kill some trash can monsters

CAC level?

You what I mean. Seeing as how you've read all of my posts prior to this.

How about a Crystalien Conflict game (that Lego Mars Mission one), replacing Humans and ETX with RR and PM!

DRAGONFLIES. THEY MOVE FAST AND STRIKE YOUR BASE.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lair

• Sonic322

• Addictgamer

• theextractor

Just~Joshing~You

After reading all six pages, I think that the best ideas would be ones that keep the mining theme, such as underground/surface missions. Heck, you could have Rock Raiders start on surface levels and use heightmaps to make them seem as if they are drilling underground, and make later levels deeper into a planet.

Then you could have the LMS Explorer running on low power again, and she has to land on a neighbouring planet, where more Energy Crystals are found, etc. It would then be a direct sequel, I suppose.

just a thought. maybe you could have more than one planet and they could be different like you could have a icy one, a fiery one, etc.

After reading all six pages, I think that the best ideas would be ones that keep the mining theme, such as underground/surface missions. Heck, you could have Rock Raiders start on surface levels and use heightmaps to make them seem as if they are drilling underground, and make later levels deeper into a planet.

Then you could have the LMS Explorer running on low power again, and she has to land on a neighbouring planet, where more Energy Crystals are found, etc. It would then be a direct sequel, I suppose.

We already have too many mods about Planet U. In my opinion, something different may be good.

Firey planets would be closer to the star. Icey ones... don't know if they exist in that system. Also, Planet U is the only one with crystals and life.

Firey planets would be closer to the star. Icey ones... don't know if they exist in that system. Also, Planet U is the only one with crystals and life.

Nobody cares.

All that matters is making the overhaul.

This brings up an idea:

"Rock Raiders Community Overhaul: Fire Planet"

"Rock Raiders Community Overhaul: Icy Planet"

For example.

Nobody cares.

This brings up an idea:

For example.

Wouldn't those just be replacing all of the textures with the ice or lava?

Unless we remake those from the ground up.

No, we'd change textures, equipment, levels, life forms, and story line.

Equipment is not changed too mush since all that needs to be changed is everything needs to work properly in these environments.

So first a framework is made, then the separate overhaul releases are made.

Nobody cares.

This brings up an idea:

For example.

Nobody cares, you say? It seems I do. I know some people do. I don't know how you got the statistical data. You can't just make Planet U's system full of whatever crap you like. About the same as having Rock Raiders running around Venus on monkeys. People will complain that it's ludicrus.

I suppose the planets could have SOME crystals, but Planet U is where it's at.

Firey and Ice planets could just be biomes, but it's still something to think about.

Rock Raiders vs Power Miners

i really think this would be cool to add into the overhaul. some of the rock raiders would rebel and form the Power Miners. they would be an enemy team that would also be gathering crystals and ore and building a base. the player would have to destroy the PM buildings and vehicles to get their energy crystals. (this would probably require quite a lot of modding to get working, if it's even possible. something for our modders to think about though.)

going to more than one planet would be great too, but having such contrasting modifications would probably force us to break the planets up into separate games. could be done, but i'd prefer a single, stand alone overhaul. we don't want to get too ambitious or we might never finish this! :axle:

i'm looking through the list of ideas and here are a few that i think would be more likely to work as an overhaul over the others.

LRR0 (Prequel/Sequel): in these the story could be anything, appearance could be anything, mods could be anything. these are really very broad ideas and need a lot more discussing (story, setting, etc). i do think that our overhaul should stay in the LRR universe and basically any idea could be used as a prequel/sequel.

RR vs Insectoids: i still really like this idea. the rock raiders land on an alien planet looking for crystals, but find that it is already occupied. this one could have some very interesting game-play, level design, story, new creatures, re-skins and mods. it would also fit as a sequel/prequel.

Lawn Raiders: this one would be kind of strange, it has potential to be really funny though. it's like "Honey I Shrunk the Rock Raiders" we could definitely do some crazy stuff with it, and as far overhauling the game, this one would be a huge change. this idea is very doable and would be something completely different. it'd also be pretty easy to come up with ideas for everything.

as for the other ideas.

Classic RPG Theme: i really didn't even want to do this one, it was just an example.

Candy Raiders: could still be considered, but i think it strays too far from the RR universe.

LRR Remake: while it would be cool to simply revamp the old game, it'd be nice to try something different.

please feel free to back these up if you like them!

so in my opinion we only have two real strong ideas (since the prequel/sequel ideas so vague). Lets get more ideas then! Think men, think! :chief:

• 1 year later...

why doesnt someone make a crashed spachehip model for the first level and a small group of rock raider crashed on a planet and have to build a base to transmit their location to the LMS explorer so they can land on the same spot then build up a base and start mineing.

What you have just done here is perform a two year bump on something which as been deemed near to impossible to excecute.

oh i almost never look at dates sorry.

but i might use that for a furture mod

Well, several issues with it:

1. The Explorer made sure it had all its Raiders

2. What would they have crashed in?

3. the Explorer can't land, and they don't mine on the surface :P

The solution to all potential problems: Land on the Death Star.

The solution to all potential problems: Land on the Death Star.

the LMS explorer might have a few transports(for when the teleporter acks up again)

and the lms explorer does not know where they are THAT is why they have to transmit the location.

and i am a fan of star wars and no i dont like that idea extreme.

i know but actually ishould make a starwars byome someday with doors that you need differnt powers of guns to break open and you have to find holograms...

i know but actually ishould make a starwars byome someday with doors that you need differnt powers of guns to break open and you have to find holograms...

Holograms replacing crystals, yes? Something tells me that's not going to work...

na i could make it work just do a reskin to make it the right color blue(or just edit the cfg)

anayway i was jokeing it would be cool but i am not THAT good at skinning byomes.

• Cyrem changed the title to (WIP) Community Overhaul Attempt #2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.