Game Issues

MAG44

iv installed the game on vista 64 bit and hav installed the d3drm.dll file and set all the compatbilities

the game runs but with some problems

1. when going to select a level the cavens have no pictures, but when i put the mouse over them the name is said

2. game is jittery and some controls are hiden lik the map symbol and the red alert button.

3. updates from cheif get repated, e.g a landslide has occured is lik a borken record

4. cnt save games, again no pictures on the icons and cnt selct them

plz help really want 2 play again, am now 18 and i really want 2 finish the game

mubbles about slimy slugs

thanks

About 1, 2 and 4, I don't know.

About 3, it's probably the most annoying feature of the game, and this behaviour is normal. You can disable the notifications using the mod, found at .

I believe that someone else has had the problems with 1, 2 and 4 before though. Sorry I can't remember the solution, but good luck with fixing it!

I have had all the listed problems whenever i play lego alpha team. (just the problems were adapted to lego alpha team)

It was my disc that was wrong, i bought a new copy and i uninstalled alpha team completely, then installed it with the new disc, and it worked.

So, if you want to try that.

hum intresting

can live with the announcments by turing the sound off but the other ones are kinda important unless i always leave it running n hav my pc on 24/7

iv had a look round the web and the only solution people hav is the drd,dll file n iv already done it soo annoying aghggh

hd some many problems with vista am goin 2 get a XP cd and a new hard drive n have a dual boot pc to play all my old games haha

but cnt afford for many months still n wanna play!!!

Well, for now, get a good free antivirus, torrent rr, scan for viruses and whatever. Then install from that. Maybe it will fix the problems.

Btw, dont forget to just install and reinstall from the disc you have.

Also play around with your gfx card settings and running rr in different compatibility modes.

will do

id done an uninstal before i posted with no joy, also scrubed the registrys incase somein was wrong there

any idea wot setting is should try tweaking on the gfx card??

am downlaoding a torrent now so will hav 2 c

any more help would b welcomed

thanks

Hmm.. Yes, the only solution I can think of is getting XP.

Can you please try to write properly? It's awfully hard to read >.<

Yes, the torrenting will be legal what with you actually owning the game.

Goodluck with that then!

sorry spend alot of time writing in short hand form my university notes is a little hard to snap out

tried the torrent but haveing no end of trouble trying to get it to work

will try again tomoro

thanks

addictgamer, Anonymouse: A torrent is illegal no matter even if you have a copy already. For example, your disc gets scratched because of use, this doesn't give you the right to walk into a store an steal another copy because you already own a copy.

Also, there is no difference between a torrented version and a normal disc version. Why? because the torrent is just a disc image of the disc, all the files are the same.

-------------

As for your problem, it could be two things. 1. Your video card is not compatible 2. The game uses DirectX6, however Vista has DirectX10, there could be some differences.... but then, other people have not had problems with Vista so most likely it's problem 1.

addictgamer, Anonymouse: A torrent is illegal no matter even if you have a copy already.

Unless you live in Canada, then the rules change a little bit. But that's not the point.

As for your problem, it could be two things. 1. Your video card is not compatible 2. The game uses DirectX6, however Vista has DirectX10, there could be some differences.... but then, other people have not had problems with Vista so most likely it's problem 1.

My Vista machine has an Intel graphics card, so TC should find out what his is. I know LRR had problems with VooDoo, but bloody everything had problems with them, so I bet that's not the case here. Also, since I've installed bunches of Win98 games and such, I've had to install countless different versions of DirectX that are still living on my computer. Though not all games run perfectly, almost all of mine do. The ones that don't work right are because I installed on a 32-bit computer and moved it to this one and modified several things just so it runs.

Don't pirate XP. Join the MSDN Academic Alliance and get it for free. In fact, get four legal copies for free. Srsly.

i will look into that but i was just planning to buy an XP disk from an internet computer site i use

iv checked my direct x is uptodate and iv played around a bit but still no luck

using compadibility past 2000 wont let the game run, is very annoying

@#4:

Try running as administrator(Vista don't like stuff to write to program files)

Or install it to another location, such as the top of the C:\ drive.

Also, by default, all of the DirectX versions were compatible, until now.

Microsoft threw the old files out the window on v9 and v10.

Maybe v8, too.

tried playing with compatibility and nothing helps, and if i go further than 2000 it wont work at all.

running as admistrator causes vista to refuse to run it at all

the clgn file just asks what gfx to use, selecting default causes the disk to spin up but nothing eles and no result in game

my gfx card is an ATI 4850 512mb PCI-E card

hmm...

Cant help you with that card type.

But, did you try all the cards in the list?

And for each card, all sets of options?

One should work.

no i didnt, it only gave me the options of rage and voodo

now as they wern't my cards i left them

right i will give that a go just have 2 re instal as it went mad 5 minuets ago and refused 2 run at all

thanks for helping my guys really hope it will go

tried both options and no luck

how ever i have found that i can use the buttons that arnt displyed in the game and can save it as well so thats a plus point

on the downside when i play either of the 2nd missions as soon as i get a rock raider the game frezzes with the little help window telling me about power paths and the teleporter

ahgggh so fustrating, any idea why it mite crash, can live with the other problems.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.