How To Add Custom Levels In-Game

PWNZOR

Now - because no one seems to answer my question - I made a video tutorial in which I show how to add a custom level to the game (--> replacing another level):

Now - because no one seems to answer my question

The one person here lacking the intelligence to follow a simple text guide doesn't really care, tbh, and the rest of us are pretty experienced with the process.

If I don't want an objective do I just not include the .npl? I've gotten he map to load and stuff, but I keep finishing after 5 crystals xD

but I keep finishing after 5 crystals

Then you have to use another npl file, for example the one of Rocky Horror or you create your own with the NPL scripter.

The one person here lacking the intelligence to follow a simple text guide doesn't really care, tbh, and the rest of us are pretty experienced with the process.

But how to get experienced with that stuff? You need guides to improve, to learn, so what's wrong about a video tutorial that shows the steps demonstrative?

• Like 1

But how to get experienced with that stuff? You need guides to improve, to learn, so what's wrong about a video tutorial that shows the steps demonstrative?

Nothing is wrong with the video tutorial and it's good you made one, but I'm saying that there isn't that many people who would actually watch it to learn from it.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
minerboy6666

Now, what you need to do is stick those files in a folder, and place that folder in the DataLevelsGameLevels folder (Data Method) or the LegoRR0LevelsGameLevels.

Where Are those folders?

Nothing is wrong with the video tutorial and it's good you made one, but I'm saying that there isn't that many people who would actually watch it to learn from it.
Well i do because im not good at this kind of stuff. AND I cant find Any folders with the DATA method Or WAD method.

Where Are those folders?

Hiding in those WADs. Have you extracted them yet? If you haven't, use something that will *cough*

Then you can organize them according to higher powers who actually know how the Data method works, or you can just leave them in your directory and recompile the WADs afterwards.

Well i do because im not good at this kind of stuff.

He made one anyway. Look upwards; it's still on this page. And you'll get better as time goes on.

Where Are those folders?

The folders you extracted in the Data folder when you had to get Lego.cfg.

Well i do because im not good at this kind of stuff. AND I cant find Any folders with the DATA method Or WAD method.

Except, you should have, because we've already done this.

minerboy6666

Where Are those folders?

Hiding in those WADs. Have you extracted them yet? If you haven't, use something that will *cough*

Then you can organize them according to higher powers who actually know how the Data method works, or you can just leave them in your directory and recompile the WADs afterwards.

He made one anyway. Look upwards; it's still on this page. And you'll get better as time goes on.

Yeah Thanks. But How can i get them back to .WAD Files?

On 3/3/2014 at 7:17 AM, minerboy6666 said:

Where Are those folders?

On 3/3/2014 at 4:17 AM, minerboy6666 said:

Read or watch the tutorials before posting, please!

There is more than enough information about this in this forum!

minerboy6666

Where Are those folders?

IM SORRY DONT ANSWER THIS QUESTION.

• 2 months later...
TheSmartOne

I know that this thread is old, but does [Name] refer to the folder name or the level name or does it even matter?

[Name]

It basically just means what the .ptl and .npl file are called. If you just copied them from another level folder you'll probably end up with 01.ptl and 01.npl or whatever.

E.g. your Level23 folder might look like

23.nrm

23.nrn

23.npl

23.txt

Cror_23.map

Cror_23.blx

... and so on.

The [Name] would be for the .ptl just 23.

And as for why, it's just showing the game where it is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.