Has Anyone Attempted Lego Island?

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Hmm... Maybe RRU should have a sister site for LEGO Island... Just a thought.

What about the other games like LR(2) LSW, SR, LL, and AT?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• STUDZ

• Fluffy Cupcake

• Lair

• McJobless

Well, LEGO Island was where it all began, and there are still lots of fans (Myself, Jamesster, Lair, etc.). So there should have been a LI fansite years ago.

Me or Cyrem... Cyrem because he has the means and $$$... Me, because I came up with the idea...

And Wes Jenkins would be in the same position as RRcoder here, only higher because Wes CREATED the entire thing.

Fluffy Cupcake

Wouldn't owning one site be enough responsibility for Cyrem? As for you owning the site, idk how good you are at modding, or being a site owner, because I haven't been looking at topics/posts enough to know >.< . The only places I regularly check are game modding research, general discussion, and not as often anymore, the forum games, while sometimes checking game discussion and announcements.

OK, fine... I'll be a VIP Member or something...

But Wes would get a title called "Former Classmate of The Infomaniac" as written in the original LEGO Island credits.

But I STILL want to be a Moderator!

If anyone ever figures out how to mod this game, I garuntee that I'll drop any other projects I'm doing and work to figure out this game.

If a forum is made, I'll be one of the first to join.

That reminds me, I have another video to make.

Fluffy Cupcake
If a forum is made, I'll be one of the first to join.
People are willing to join but no one is willing to create... except maybe McStudz.

We can discuss anything related to LEGO Island in the forums here. Really, what's the need for a separate fansite? BZPower is actually probably best for that sort of stuff as there's a good LEGO Island fanbase there.

Well, the whole reason for a whole new fansite would be for a completely separate forum. No one would have to go on BZPower or RRU (although I'll still stay a regular member here...) And there's a good fanbase for LI, possibly better than LRR (no offence), so almost every LEGO Island fan would be all for a new fansite.

As for me making this fansite? I only wish. I have absolutely NO clue as to how to make a site that isn't a branch of Myspace ot whatever; and I'd really like to have a site that's independant like RRU and BZP. I have neither the ability or the finances to make this site...

Fluffy Cupcake
As for me making this fansite? I only wish. I have absolutely NO clue as to how to make a site that isn't a branch of Myspace ot whatever; and I'd really like to have a site that's independant like RRU and BZP. I have neither the ability or the finances to make this site...
Well the site could start as a dependent site, and then later on it could move to a new site that is independent. As for MySpace, I wouldn't go with that.

I still haven't thought of a proper name for it... Something that will be found on Google for those looking for a fansite, yet something not so obvious like "LEGO Island Fan Forums".

Any ideas??

Using "LEGO" in the address is asking for trouble, I heard of a LEGO fansite that got taken down because it had the word LEGO in the site name. Same goes for "BIONICLE".

Fluffy Cupcake

I haven't been able to think of anything Besides Lego Islanders which imo doesn't exactly like the best name it could possibly have. Also, may I ask if there is a reason you wright LEGO in all caps? Is saying "Lego" the noob way of saying "LEGO"?

Also, may I ask if there is a reason you wright LEGO in all caps? Is saying "Lego" the noob way of saying "LEGO"?

No, because the LEGO lawyer ninjas will appear out of nowhere and stab you for not writing it properly...BUT SERIOUSLY, look at the lego copyrights. They spell it "LEGO". I recommend just spelling it like that too.

Also, may I ask if there is a reason you wright LEGO in all caps? Is saying "Lego" the noob way of saying "LEGO"?

No, because the LEGO lawyer ninjas will appear out of nowhere and stab you for not writing it properly...BUT SERIOUSLY, look at the lego copyrights. They spell it "LEGO". I recommend just spelling it like that too.

It's not like LEGO's gonna kill you if you say Lego, but that's the official capitalization. It's like ebay vs eBay.

• 3 weeks later...
HarryControl

It's not like LEGO's gonna kill you if you say Lego, but that's the official capitalization. It's like ebay vs eBay.

Sometimes I'm not 100% sure where to cross the line between when you are breaking the copyright laws and not. But as far as I know, when you start making profit off the company's materials and ideas then this is where you're stepping on some dangerous grounds. But that statement is rather broad. Just use your common sense.

Using "LEGO" in the address is asking for trouble, I heard of a LEGO fansite that got taken down because it had the word LEGO in the site name. Same goes for "BIONICLE".

Too true... I've read the rant about ratemylegos.com and that whole situation...

Call it The Infomaniac's New Classroom, now with GreenRed paint. Please don't even think about getting ready to le.

I like that name... It just needs to be shorter... MMM... Maybe just "The Infomaniac's Classroom"??

Fluffy Cupcake

It doesn't seem like anyone is willing to make a new site except you McStudz..

I don't know how it happened, but I installed LI (the first time since my format) and the informaniac doesn't have any problems when I am ready to leave Lego Island. :af:

• 4 weeks later...

Here it is, kids: The Infomaniac's Classroom...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/Trollface.png

Oops. Not that.

THIS: http://green-redbrick.forumotion.ca/

We will get Wes Jenkins on here, eventually, but in the meanwhile, here's a nice little forum for all you Island Enthusiasts. Where you can CHANGE FLOWERS!

I can't believe I'm the Admin for that site... I feel so POWERFUL!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.