Lego Alpha Team

Addictgamer

Addictgamer

Looking at lego alpha team, the file formatting seems very similar to LRR.

I have searched and searched but discovered no modding tools or mods for Alpha team.

And no tools I tried are able to extract the data files, '.pac'

Although, I was able to extract some files.

bhvr.pac has 2 weird files.

etc.pac has a bunch of tga files.

fin.pac has a bunch of files. over 20,000. extracting more at the moment

The rest? Who knows

And these are only the stuff that I'm able to extract atm.

I hope to program my own pac extractor/rebuilder so that we'll be able to mod alpha team too!

You support is welcome.

Comments? Questions?

EDIT: I have written a program that will open up a pac and output all occurrences of any of the letters of the alphabet to both the console/terminal and to a file named output.txt

Upon processing maps.pac and then reading output.txt, I found

TRUEVISIONXFILE

I googled it and found this: http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/fdd/fdd000180.shtml

Truevision TGA File format, version 2.0

A simple raster format for individual images first established by Truevision, Inc. in 1984 and extended in 1989. Designed for use on systems that use MS-DOS color applications, TGA is the native format of Truevision's TARGA (Truevision Advanced Raster Graphics Adapter) boards, which were some of the first graphic cards for IBM-compatible PCs to support truecolor display (most often defined as 24-bit RGB color encoding). TGA supports mapped/indexed color and RGB color, with additional support for transparency information (sometimes referred to as alpha channel, as in RGBA color space). Transparency information permits images to be superimposed over other data, e.g., additional images, text layouts, or video, and permits effects like cross-fading between graphic images and video, etc.

TGA images may be encoded at 8, 16, 24, or 32 bits per pixel (as mapped/indexed color, RGB, or RGBA). TGA supported 24-bit color before such support was available in the TIFF format, and this helped establish the format's popularity during the 1980s.

Features added in version 2.0 include specification of pixel aspect ratio (providing more explicit support for square and non-square pixels), color correction tables, an embedded thumbnail image (termed postage-stamp in the standard), and some very basic metadata elements (such as author, software, date/timestamp, job number, comments). A developer area provided a mechanism for including additional information.

Heh. Time to do more searching/programming.

Edit2: My pac reader is turning into an extractor. I am almost done making it extract .tga files from the .pacs.

You know what, I'm super angry because my Alpha Team disc broke. I'm going to try fix it...'cause this research sound interesting!

Name your extractor the Power Pellet Picker xD.

Cool though. I'll look at alpha team stuff later and blahblahlbalabalab.

While addict is poking through that, I'll post what I've found

The last few (Thousand!) lines of your "Locale_**.pac" and your "Etc.pac" contain raw text. In the Locale pac, this text is the localized descriptions of the various units and tools, as well as what seems to be the internal definer.

Within Etc, the text appears to be the files for various items such as menus and controls, and the graphics for each, as well as sounds.

Also interesting of note is the fact that all of the .pac files begin with the same four characters: PACK, followed by one to three symbols/accented characters.

Addictgamer

Heh.

Yep.

All the graphics I have found so far are in .tga format.

My pac extractor can extract those, except it leaves out 4 bytes. After I add in the, what, 10 lines of code needed for that, it should be extracting working tga files.

It's much easier than I thought, since there seems to be no compression or anything like that.

Oh, and here is the raw text at the end of my Locale_en.pac

cuname

Belt

cudesc

TheBeltisusedtoconnectmotorstobeltdrivenequipmentItattachestoredbeltwheels

cuname

ElectricCord

cudesc

TheElectricCordisusedtoconnectelectricalgeneratorstoequipmentthatrequireselectricalpowerItattachestoblueelectricsockets

cuname

Rope

cudesc

TheRopeisusedtoconnectobjectsthathaveorangeropeloops

bname

Ogel

bdesc

TheAlphaTeamsNemesisOgelisalwaysuptonogood

bname

Guard

bdesc

TheGuardshavebeentrainedtostandatattentionTheyllattackifanAlphaTeammemberrunsintothem

bname

Trooper

bdesc

OgelsTroopersareprogrammedtomarchbackandforthbuttheyllbreakranksifanAlphaTeammembergetstooclose

bname

ZombieBarrelPusher

bdesc

ThesezombiesaretakinggoototheDOOMMachinetomakeEvilOrbs

bname

ZombieWorker

bdesc

Theseworkersusuallymindtheirownbusinessaslongasateammemberdoesntgettooclose

bname

ZombieHandcartOperator

bdesc

WatchouttheseworkerszipbyprettyquickIftheyrunintoateammembertheyllhaulhimoff

bname

Lurcher

bdesc

TheLurchersarethemostdeviousofOgelshenchmenTheychaseAlphaTeammembersthatgettooclose

ogbname

PlasmaBarrier

ogbdesc

Thisdevicecreatesafieldofplasmaenergytheteammemberscannotpassthrough

ogbname

TroubleTubeGenerator

ogbdesc

ThisisthepowersupplyfortheTroubleTubePullthelevertoturnifoff

ogname

WarningLight

ogdesc

WhentheWarningLightsareflashingitmeansthedoorislockedWhenallthelightsstopflashingthedoorwillopen

ogname

Zapper

ogdesc

Thesedastardlysecuritydeviceswillzapanythingthatcomesbeneaththem

ogname

EvilOrb

ogdesc

TheseorbskeepthetownspeopletrappedasmindlesszombiesCollectalltheorbsinaroomtobreakthespellandmakethezombiesdisappear

ogbname

MotorLock

ogbdesc

AttachaBeltandprovidepowertotripthislock

ogbname

ElectricLock

ogbdesc

AttachanElectricCordandprovidepowertotripthislock

ogbname

LaserLock

ogbdesc

Hitthetargetwithalaserbeamtotripthislock

oganame

Door

ogadesc

ThisdoorislockedThenumberofflashingredlightsnexttoitshowhowmanylocksneedtobetrippedtoopenthedoor

ogbname

PlungerLock

ogbdesc

Hittheplungertotripthislock

ogname

OgelLaser

ogdesc

ThislaserhasamotiondetectorWhenyoupresstheGObuttonandtheteammembersstartrunningthelaserwillturnonDontletanyteammembersgetzapped

ogname

PlantShippingCrate

ogdesc

OgelisusingthesecratestoshipplantstohisEvilOrbfactoryYoucanexplodethemwithCrunchsbombs

ogname

BarrelofExplosives

ogdesc

ThisbarrelisfullofexplosivesforOgelsminingoperationsYoucanexplodeitwithabomb

ogname

Ladder

ogdesc

Teammemberscanclimbupordownthisladder

ogname

Stairs

ogdesc

Teammemberscanrunupordownthesestairs

ogname

Stairs

ogdesc

Teammemberscanrunupordownthesestairs

ogname

Shark

ogdesc

Keeptheteamoutofthewaterorthissharkwillmakeasnackoutofthem

ogname

TroubleTube

ogdesc

Todeactivatethistraponeoftheteammembersneedstopullthelevertoshutoffitspower

ogname

TroubleTrain

ogdesc

OgeluseshisTroubleTraintomovehissuppliesfromonesecretbasetoanother

ogname

DOOMMachine

ogdesc

TheDeviceforOminousOrbManufactureDOOMmakesEvilOrbsYoumustturnitoff

ogname

PolarDoor

ogdesc

Theflashinglightsnexttothislockeddoorindicatehowmanylocksneedtobetrippedinorderforthisdoortobeopened

ogname

TroubleSub

ogdesc

OgeluseshisTroubleSubtomovesuppliesunderwaterfromonebasetoanother

ogname

RopeLock

ogdesc

Attacharopeandgiveitatugtotripthislock

ogname

BoggleRocket

ogdesc

ThisrocketisfullofEvilOrbsYoumustfindawaytostopthecountdownbeforeOgellaunchesitandtakesovertheworld

ogname

SealedDoor

ogdesc

ThisdoorleadstotheroomwejustcamefromYoucannotgobackthisway

ogname

PlantShippingCrate

ogdesc

OgelisusingthesecratestoshipplantstohisEvilOrbfactoryYoucanexplodethemwithCrunchsbombs

ogname

PlantShippingCrate

ogdesc

ogname

BarrelofExplosives

ogdesc

ThesebarrelsarefullofexplosivesforOgelsminingoperationsYoucanexplodethemwithabomb

ogname

BarrelofExplosives

ogdesc

ThesebarrelsarefullofexplosivesforOgelsminingoperationsYoucanexplodethemwithabomb

ogname

BoggleRocketLaunchLever

ogdesc

ThiscontrolsthelaunchingoftheBoggleRocketPullthelevertostopthecountdown

ogname

SelfDestructButton

ogdesc

ThisbuttonwillblowupOgelsArcticCommandBase

ogname

TroubleSub

ogdesc

OgeluseshisTroubleSubtomovesuppliesunderwaterfromonebasetoanother

pname

PlantShippingCrate

pdesc

tname

Dash

tdesc

TheMotionExpert

tname

Charge

tdesc

TheElectricalExpert

tname

Crunch

tdesc

TheExplosivesExpert

tname

Cam

tdesc

TheMotorsExpert

tname

Radia

tdesc

TheLasersExpert

tname

Flex

tdesc

TheRopesExpert

uname

DashsDivingBoard

udesc

WhensomethinghitsoneofitsplungersthedivingbellringsandDashwilldiveoff

uname

Platform

udesc

YoucanplacethingsonPlatformsforextraheightYoucanalsostackonePlatformontopofanother

uname

Catapult

udesc

CuttheropewithalaserbeamtolaunchtherockintotheairUseittohitaplungerSeeSaworTeeterTotter

uname

RadiasLaserLauncher

udesc

LightthefusewithalaserbeamtolaunchRadiaintotheair

uname

Trampoline

udesc

WhenamovingobjecthitstheTrampolinetheobjectwillbounceoff

uname

Puncher

udesc

HittheplungertomakethePunchershootoutandhitsomething

uname

TeeterTotter

udesc

WhensomethingfallsonthehighendorifyoutugitwitharopeitpivotsonitsaxleUseittoflingaballortopullarope

uname

Slide

udesc

UsetheSlidetohelpacharactergettoalowerlevel

uname

Cannon

udesc

LighttheCannonsfusetofireacannonballUsecannonballstohitsplungersandSeeSaws

uname

PlungerGenerator

udesc

HittheplungertoturnonthisgeneratorUseittopoweranelectricaldevicebyattachinganElectricCordbetweenthem

uname

CrunchsRollingBomb

udesc

HittheplungertostartthisbombrollingItwillexplodewhenitrollsintosomething

uname

RopePullMotor

udesc

ThismotorisactivatedbyaropetugUseittopoweramotorizeddevicebyattachingabeltbetweenthem

uname

ElectricMotor

udesc

ThismotorispoweredbyelectricityUseittopoweramotorizeddevicebyattachingabeltbetweenthem

uname

RopeGuide

udesc

StringaropethroughaRopeGuidebeforeattachingittoanotherdeviceThiswillchangethedirectionofforcewhentheropeispulled

uname

HeavyWeight

udesc

CuttheropewithalaserbeamtodroptheHeavyWeightUseithitaplungerortipaSeeSaworTeeterTotter

uname

RopeTugger

udesc

ThisRopeTuggerispoweredbyamotorUseittopullaRope

uname

VerticalMirror

udesc

ThismirrorwilldeflectalaserbeamupordownClickonitstogglebuttontomakeitpointupordown

uname

MotorizedGenerator

udesc

ThisgeneratorispoweredbyamotorUseittopoweranelectricaldevicebyattachinganElectricCordbetweenthem

uname

Stairs

udesc

UsetheStairstohelpateammembergoupordownalevel

uname

Dangler

udesc

CuttheropewithalaserbeamtodroptheHeavyWeightUseithitaplungerortipaSeeSaworTeeterTotter

uname

LaserGenerator

udesc

ThisgeneratorwillpowerupwhenyoufirealaserbeamatitslasertargetUseittopowerelectricaldevicesbyattachinganElectricCordbetweenthem

uname

PlungerMotor

udesc

ThismotorisactivatedbyaplungerUseittopoweramotorizeddevicebyconnectingthemwithaBelt

uname

JumpTile

udesc

WhenateammemberstepsontotheJumpTilehellbeshotupwards

uname

DirectionTile

udesc

WhenateammemberstepsontotheDirectionTilehewillturnandruninthedirectionofthearrows

uname

BeltBox

udesc

UsethisboxtochangethedirectionofbeltsPoweritbyconnectingittoamotorwithaBeltThenuseasecondBelttoconnectittoamotordevice

uname

TurboTube

udesc

Thisdevicegivesaboostofenergytoanyobjectthatentersandshootsitoutinthedirectionofthearrowsontop

uname

ChargesPortableElevator

udesc

ChargesPortableElevatorispoweredbyelectricityWhenitreceiveselectricityfromageneratoritwillraiseChargeup

uname

AntigravityDevice

udesc

ThisdevicegeneratesanantigravityfieldaboveitwhenitreceiveselectricalpowerAnymovingobjectthatentersthisfieldwillbepushedupintotheair

uname

Ball

udesc

TheballislaunchedfromtheTeeterTotterandtheSeeSawUseittohitaplunger

uaname

RemoteControlBomb

uadesc

ThisbombistriggeredbyitsmatchingcolorcodedPlungerDetonatorIfthebombisflashingitisarmedIfitsnotflashingitsoutofrangeandwontexplode

ubname

PlungerDetonator

ubdesc

ThisPlungerDetonatorcomeswithitsowncolorcodedRemoteControlBombWhentheplungeri[Please Talk Properly]itsendsaradiosignaltoitsbombtoexplode

uname

Laser

udesc

ThislaserisactivatedbyaplungerHittheplungertofirealaserbeam

uname

Rock

udesc

ThisRockisflungfromthecatapultUseittohitaplungerortipaSeeSaw

uname

HorizontalMirror

udesc

Thismirrorwilldeflectalaserbeamtotheleftorright

uname

CamsEjectorSeat

udesc

WhenconnectedtoamotorwithaBeltitwilllaunchCamintotheairYoucannotmoveCamofftheEjectorSeatbutyoucanmovetheEjectorSeatandCamtogether

uname

MotorLaser

udesc

ConnectthislasertoamotorwithaBeltWhenitreceivespoweritwillfirealaserbeam

uname

TrainingTile

udesc

ThistilecannotbemovedWhenateammemberstepsontothisTrainingTilehewillturnandruninthedirectionofthearrows

uname

SeeSaw

udesc

WhensomethingfallsonthehighendoftheSeeSawitpivotsonitsaxleTeammemberscanrunacrossittoousingitasabridge

uname

FlexsHelmetHanger

udesc

CuttheRopewithalaserbeamtodropFlex

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The2Banned2One

The tools made by legomoe inspired me to create a LEGO Alpha Team modding community with Nexus.

http://tee-vee.org

I have made a set of batches that work with legomoe's PAC tools to make extracting and building very easy.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.