Stunt Rally Beta Disk And Screenshots!

lol username

lol username

I already posted a topic for this on BZP, so I'll just copy and paste it to here to save time...

Found some beta screenshots of LEGO Stunt Rally on the internet today. The ones you see here are not all of them, there are many more. However, they contain a website address that isn't exactly appropriate so I have to edit it out by hand (Explaining the black box in the upper left corner). I will do the rest later. But here are 3 to start with:

34449_full.jpg

34451_full.jpg

34453_full.jpg

34445_full.jpg

Notice the different icon on Radium's truck in that last one...

Now, the topic title also said beta DISK. After a Google search, it seems that some museum in New York has one on display...

http://www.museumofplay.org/collections/on...amp;o=109.16767

Not sure if the screenshots are from the same build as the one on the disk. But even so, they are both very interesting. Now, I wonder if it is possible to somehow purchase this disk from the museum, or get access to it long enough to get gameplay? (This is starting to sound like the Legend of Mata Nui Videos topic in the Bionicle Software forum, and I haven't even hit the "Post New Topic" button yet... :P )

So yeah, discuss this here. I'll get more edited screens up soon (Hopefully tomorrow or the next day). Also, if anybody has ideas on how to somehow gain access to this disk, post them here.

• Like 2

Purchase something from the museum? Nup, as much as you'd like it, it is not going to happen. Unless you have a ridiculious amount of money.

Only real way is to ask then to burn you a copy of the disc. But that has copy-write issues tied to it...

lol username

Actually, I think the bigger problem is that I don't live anywhere near New York in the first place. :P

Found this:

5713b.jpg

Nice findings there jamesster!

If only it were possible to buy from a museum.... if only a museum also had the Beta of LRR(or the level editor) too :(

Nice findings there jamesster!

If only it were possible to buy from a museum.... if only a museum also had the Beta of LRR(or the level editor) too :(

Just spam them with emails asking for an image of the CD. :af:

lol username

Not gonna post the original link to the pics on BZPower, but I will here. However, I will warn you that the site address has the H word in it. Just an FYI.

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/lego_stunt_rally/screenshots.html

I'll edit the screens and put them on BZP as soon as I have the time.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Interesting. I doubt the museum will let you make a copy, but I'd say you best bet to get a copy would be to contact whoever it comes from.

• 1 month later...

Great news! I have the email address of the person who donated the disk, and have sent him a message about it.

Hello,

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Jamie, and I am 14 years old. I am a LEGO fan and member of the LEGO Kids Inner Circle, a group that tests things such as video games and building sets before they are released to the public, as well as providing ideas for new building themes, titles, and new website features for the LEGO company. I have beta tested the online social network known as My LEGO Network, an online multiplayer game called LEGO Racers Challenge, and I have alpha tested the upcoming MMOG LEGO Universe which is scheduled to be released this October (The game is now in beta testing, which I am also involved in). I am also developing my own game, a 3D platformer, using the Unity 3D engine.

While researching a LEGO video game released in 2000, LEGO Stunt Rally, I came across this page:

http://www.museumofplay.org/collections/online/object.php?m=4&c=52&o=109.16767

Having a very large interest in both beta versions of video games and LEGO, this has really gotten my attention. The website said that you had given it to the museum, so I went online and found this email address - please excuse me if I have gotten the wrong one. If you don't mind, could you please tell me a bit about how you got this beta disk? I have done quite a bit of research and as far as I can tell this is the only known beta disk of the game. Could you tell me a bit about how you got it, and if possible, how it differs from the final game? Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Jamie [last name removed]

Now, we wait for a reply...

• 1 month later...
JrMasterModelBuilder

Great news! I have the email address of the person who donated the disk, and have sent him a message about it.

Hello,

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Jamie, and I am 14 years old. I am a LEGO fan and member of the LEGO Kids Inner Circle, a group that tests things such as video games and building sets before they are released to the public, as well as providing ideas for new building themes, titles, and new website features for the LEGO company. I have beta tested the online social network known as My LEGO Network, an online multiplayer game called LEGO Racers Challenge, and I have alpha tested the upcoming MMOG LEGO Universe which is scheduled to be released this October (The game is now in beta testing, which I am also involved in). I am also developing my own game, a 3D platformer, using the Unity 3D engine.

While researching a LEGO video game released in 2000, LEGO Stunt Rally, I came across this page:

http://www.museumofplay.org/collections/online/object.php?m=4&c=52&o=109.16767

Having a very large interest in both beta versions of video games and LEGO, this has really gotten my attention. The website said that you had given it to the museum, so I went online and found this email address - please excuse me if I have gotten the wrong one. If you don't mind, could you please tell me a bit about how you got this beta disk? I have done quite a bit of research and as far as I can tell this is the only known beta disk of the game. Could you tell me a bit about how you got it, and if possible, how it differs from the final game? Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Jamie [last name removed]

Now, we wait for a reply...

Well, it's been a while. Did you ever get a reply?

• 1 year later...

Ah, i used to love Stunt Rally, i always loved playing Beta's of games too xD

Though unfortunately, this is the only beta we really have on hand and one other maybe.

I've actually been to that museum just a couple of years ago. I don't remember seeing this when I was there though. I suddenly feel the urge to go back...

Also, YAY old topic...

Mr. Eight-Three-One

There's actually two other prototype discs that caught my attention there, but of course it had to be the same donator. I e-mailed him and never got a reply. I didn't realize it until I looked at the Stunt Rally prototype again.

• 5 months later...

STOP ACTING LIKE YOU WERE A MOD :)

Please, just shut up. Posts like this make you look more and more noobish, and your member title doesn't help at all.

• Like 2

thetoolraider

Please, just shut up. Posts like this make you look more and more noobish, and your member title doesn't help at all.

You aren't a mod either! :)

I agree with the above. You don't have to be a mod to put someone in the right place. lrn2post

You aren't a mod either! :)

I don't think you understand how forums work. Mods are not here to be your parents when you're bing a bad boy. They're here to maintain the forum. Users are not here to do whatever they hell they please until someone with power tells them otherwise. Users are here to discuss or mod or create whatever. Users have the ability to self moderate. This is a cool thing called self control and judgment. This means they thing about what they're going to do it before they do so, and if it's not something they should be doing, they don't. Necroing threads and adding absolutely nothing to it is not needed here. If you want to do that, go find a forum where they don't give a flying bollock about it. Here's not the place.

I would also advise you stop with your telling people they can't do anything about your behavior, because they can. It's called the report button. The way I see it, you have two options:

1. Stop doing whatever the hell you're doing, and move on.
  2. Continue being obnoxious and get reported. Warning points are fun!

thetoolraider

Necroing threads and adding absolutely nothing to it is not needed here.

It's not against the rules.

I would also advise you stop with your telling people they can't do anything about your behavior, because they can. It's called the report button.

Is there a reason I can't use the report button?

Is there a reason I can't use the report button?

Yeah.

You're the one that people are reporting for things like how you responded to Legoking and I.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.